Author Topic: The eve system  (Read 787 times)

rawr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
The eve system
« on: July 10, 2006, 11:07:12 pm »
Found this on soundforge, and came hoping for pvp. Seems there is no pvp at all from what I can see  :( .. To not clog the "good pvp systems" thread, and/or bump an old one, I decided to make a new one.

I play EVE (space mmo) whenever I'm not spamming forums, and I think EVEs pvp system is good. There's open (more or less anyway) pvp, and when you kill someone, you can loot anything which doesn't get destroyed in the process. That you can loot afterwards is one of the things that make eve so great. You get detached to your ships, and even to your honor. With actual losses, you'll get a rush when pvp'ing ;o

Basicly, there are 3 areas:

High-security empire, where you'll lose your ship to npcs if you engage someone else without being at war with them. This is to stop people ganking newbies, as most people won't kamikaze someone just for whatever pocket change you can get for the loot. Resources here aren't that good.

Low-sec empire, where there's sentries which will shoot at you if you engage illegally, however they are only at gates (entry/exit point of a system) and stations, so you can still kill someone without getting instapopped. They are also tankable with enough people or the right ship. You'll also take a hit to your security status. The lower your sec is, the lesser of hisec you can enter. Sec can be regained by killing rats (mobs) (oh, and it's painful to go from -10 (lowest) to an acceptable level :-\ ). Decent resources.

0.0, where anything goes. You can shoot at anyone you find. Great Resources. Most of 0.0 is being fought over coz of the resources, a need to feed egos, or just coz someone doesn't like someone else  :)

This in PS would be summat like some large cities, where you cannot agress others or similar, or if do, you'll get ganked by 6 guards on horses coming after you. Easy mobs can be found here for noobies, and should be something okish for the highlevelers as well, as some people for whatever reason can't stand the thought of losing their preciouses.

Then some areas, where the npc guards will be weak or non-excistant, and only scare you away (or kill you if you mess up / are too slow etc). Better resources etc. If people tell the officials that you wronged them in this area, you'll get wanted levels, or bounty, or summat like that. Enough wanted lvls and you can't enter the larger cities, and guards will hunt you whereever they see you etc. You could get rid of wanted lvls by paying fines and/or do hard quests. Bribing officials could also be a possibility (there must be some dodgy ones >_>).

Then "no-mans land" with all the good stuff. No npc guards, no wanted lvls. If you want to control the area, you better bring the bigger weapons or the most people.

Ofc, if you're venturing into dangerous areas, you won't do it with with your leetest stuff on you, unless you have some pc guards with you or similar.

Probably won't be put in, as the PS devs don't seem very pvp happy, but worth a shot imo  :)

Edited for language.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 08:47:51 pm by Karyuu »

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
Re: The eve system
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 01:53:49 am »
AFAIK this is very much what's being implemented into PS. Different zones/areas where there is different amount of PVP/PK allowed. Like e.g. small back alleys and dark forests with bad reputation and so forth.
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: The eve system
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 09:12:21 pm »
The new Lord of the Rings MMORPG is reported to have a Mob-for-a-day (tm) PvP system.  It get's my vote for the best PvP system.

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=8065.30

(Check out page 3 of the thread)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 09:18:15 pm by derwoodly »