Author Topic: PvP thoughts and ideas  (Read 1048 times)

banditkills

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
PvP thoughts and ideas
« on: February 07, 2007, 04:05:55 am »
Well my idea is to have two differenct kind of zones for PvP. Lets call these zones: Duel and Open.

Duel: Much as the system is now. It 'safe' zones, such as the main city and near by areas. The duel opton remains in place. With a slight twist, as the guards of Hydlaa don't want fighting on the streets. Anyone caught duelling outside the Areana, will be put in jail. This could be something along the lines of the death realm. Where the player has to find his way out of the prison. Or simply could pay his 'bail' money or 'bribe' a guar.

Open: The big wide world (it dangerous), open PvP is possible. Kill, hack and slash.

To make PvP more real, i think 'death' has to be more real in game. At the moment 'death' is just another place to visit. Someone else has posted something on this. But if you die, something should happen to your stuff. So every time you die within 24 (real hours). 1st: lose 10% Tria(which gets dropped on ground where you died). 2nd: lose all Tria. 3rd: lose all PP, 4th lose equipment & 5th lose character.

For this i think there should be somekind of bank/storage area. So players can store excess tria or equipment. 

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
Re: PvP thoughts and ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 04:45:20 pm »
Your thoughts sound good until the death penalty part.  What if you are just practicing dueling?  You dont want to have to drop everything and lose all of your experience points if you are practicing...esp in this case you should be gaining more experience.  The problem is that to do this the devs would have to work on something a) controversial and b) non-important compared to other matters.

I like the idea mentioned a while ago to have people put their challenge-confirmation option to auto-accept [options --> confirmation --> auto-accept] and put a little [open-pvp] in the description, but I have not seen anyone do that.  If I see someone with it, I will gladly do that myself.  And don't get me wrong, my character is good so he wouldn't be killing others with it...he would probably be attacked more than attacking.  It is just more realistic that way I think. [plus, in the system it will say who you have accepted the challenge for I think so it will give you a heads up]
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 04:47:37 pm »
Or simply could pay his 'bail' money or 'bribe' a guar.

Quite misleading to an Elder Scrolls player... :P
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

lordraleigh

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:56:09 pm »
I'm drawing this from another post, where a discussion about "Roleplaying realism" was being done, it's basically my suggestion on PvP, one that will only be possible once a law enforcement system and AI-controlled guards with patrol routes are available.

About PvP: I disagree with the current system, if someone comes to attempt murder against your character, he will not challenge him for a duel first. Still it's temporarily necessary until city guards receive patrol routes and a decent Artificial Intelligence to make the main roads safe and to go against anyone that tries to use violence or to murder someone else. Also to avoid mistypings(Pressing the attack button against an "innocent civilian" type of character for mistake), a message should come for potential harmers, that will change according to the level of security on where one will attempt it. Example is below.

Warning in high safety zones:
"Use of violence will prompt immediate reaction from the city guards against you, are you sure you wish to attack *name* ?"

Warning in medium safety zones:
"If you attempt to use brute force against *name* the guards will sooner or later get you, are you sure you wish to risk your reputation and a bounty on your head?"

Warning in low safety zones:
"You will risk future retaliation if you attack *name*, although you have high chances of succeeding if you can defeat *name, remember that covering your tracks will not be easy after it. Are you sure?"

High safety zones: Always patrolled by guards, trying something bad is considered suicide in most cases

Medium safety zones: They are not always patrolled and patrols are irregularly timed, but who knows? A guard may spot you doing nasty things when you least expect it as you can't time when will a new patrol arrive.

Low safety zones: With the same security of a slum, these places are infested with criminal activity, you can commit the crime, but whether you will escape with impunity or be caught after it, it's unsure.

banditkills

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 09:56:40 am »
What if you are just practicing dueling?

Well to this i would say, there is the option to Yeild. So that you would not die.

Also if there was an option to store stuff. Then you could store all your Tria. The practice and die twice in 24 real hours, under my idea.

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 12:24:29 pm »
the option to yield?  ;D ;D ;D

Speaks someone who apparently hasn't been dueling with trained stats. How do you have time to yield in the dueling as it is today???
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada

Quitarias

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sugested solution:Quarantine and/or death sentence
    • View Profile
    • A MUD gladiator game.Press link and level to make me rich.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 02:01:25 am »
Yield before geting hit ?
Or use fists to train yourself those are the only 2 sure ways to get out alive
Singned
  -One serious case of nuty.

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:47:22 pm »
hehe true. And kind of pointless to duel if you are going to give up before even one hit has been made and melee is simply underpowered in comparisen at the moment ;)
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada