Author Topic: Displaying names  (Read 282 times)

Kakoii

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Displaying names
« on: February 08, 2003, 11:38:34 am »
i think that is very annoying in most of 3d RPGs the display of the name above de head of the players, in areas with many people it became confusing.

And it\'s not good that you see the name of a person that you haven\'t meet before.

My idea is that, when you meet a person you ask him his name and then you be able to type the name of the character, this way you\'ll only see the names of the persons that you know and you\'ll have to ask other players their name, it will be less confusing and more realistic.

Rakeleer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Agree
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 12:00:17 pm »
Some kind of \"familiar\" toggle would be nice, as a default.  It\'s very difficult to roleplay with everyones\' name floating over their heads, even if it does make them easier to tell apart from the other race/class types that look just like them.
Grub first, then ethics.

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 02:37:07 pm »
ya, a button to show only people in your buddy list, and possibly another one for people in your guild, and they\'ll get an arrow above them along with their name.
Name: Frankuuu
Race: Dermorian Elf
Chosen Path: Warrior
Alignment: Neutral
Guild: N/A

I fight for my destiny, if yours crosses mine, the only outcome is for me to prevail, whether you live or not depends on if you get in my way...

EstafanCortez

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 02:40:32 pm »
Ya i like this idea, it would make it soo much better...

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 06:04:56 pm »
Yes, I like your idea. I hope that the devs like it as well...

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".