Author Topic: New Ideas  (Read 426 times)

RussianVodka

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
New Ideas
« on: February 06, 2004, 09:48:48 pm »
Ok, to start off, let me show you some \"mount\" ideas that i found in \"Free World\"

First of all, in FW the animals that are under your controll are called \"pets\". This is because that besides mounts like hourses, you can also get things like mercanaries, henchman, things like that... These pets have a way of growing lvls, gaining stats, a lot of stuff....

Well, because i dont have any mercenaries or henchman, i will show off my \"hell hound\", i bought it from a breeder in Hell... as if the name wasnt obvious enough... this \"pet\" happens to be a mount that only my race can ride, though all races can own. Other mounts include normal horses, night-mares (horses from hell), war-horses, ect. Well, here is a pic of me standing next to my Hell Hound.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a pic of me riding my hound... i can also attack with my weapon while doing so...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to show how you can controll your \"pets\"... If you move your cursor to the bottom left side of the screen, a pop up menu apears... on this you have your \"pets\". When you click on the pet icon, the availible icons on the botom of the window lights up... you click on the icon, and then your \"pet\" does what you told it to (click on attack icon, click on target to attack, your \"pet\" obeys)

Here in this screen shot, you can see my lvl-12 Hell Hound attacking a helpless lvl-2 Cow. You can see some more already killed ones on the ground.

thats about it for mounts, now on to some special effects...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your inventory screen, there are three \"bonus\" slots. Where you can put up to three bonus items, that may include, compases, ghost orbs, frost orbs, ect.
Here i will demonstrate my ghost orbs.

Ghost orbs make you more and more invisible...
Here you can see that i do not have any orbs equiped

Here i have added one orb, now i have one filled \"bonus\" slot, and two empty ones. I am now partialy invisible.

Now, i have added two Ghost Orbs and am a bit more invisible.

Now i have filled all three slots, and am 99% invisible... the only thing you can see is the shadow on the ground... but this is not visible when i am walking through tall grass...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is some of the stuff i wanted to show you people.... I know i did not do the best job explaining it.. so if you have any Q\'s feel free to ask.

These are just some things i want PS to some day have...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 10:25:24 pm by RussianVodka »

Q: How many Planeshifters does it take to expalin a simple concept to a newb?
A: Six. Five to argue on who\'s explanation is right, and Moogie to lock the thread.

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 10:17:45 pm »
hmm.. ok, one screenie..

Anyways, shouldn\'t this be in the wish list section (new ideas) ?

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 10:23:33 pm »
*cough... cough... spam... cough* Why did you post this? It makes no sense, i have no idea what game it is. Even when i find out what does it have to do with ideas for planeshift? This whole thread is so random. spam....

RussianVodka

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 10:26:42 pm »
i told you to wait till i was done, this took quite some time to create...

Q: How many Planeshifters does it take to expalin a simple concept to a newb?
A: Six. Five to argue on who\'s explanation is right, and Moogie to lock the thread.

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 10:43:38 pm »
about the pets, I\'m sure PS will have them some day, but that\'ll certainly take some time..

The invisibility stuff on the other hand looks pretty easy to make, and as there might be shrink potions in CB too, who knows what else we\'ll see  :)

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 11:17:08 pm »
Shrink potions...maybe I can make my own gnome race :P

Krans would look really strange shrunk, or I guess it depends how much

Anyways, that invisibility thing looks like it can sure mess up people\'s eyes, heh

EDIT: random...I need sleep :baby:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 11:19:54 pm by Kiern »