Author Topic: Merchant's Market  (Read 1880 times)

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
Merchant's Market
« on: October 30, 2008, 07:42:27 pm »
Merchant's Market
9 November 2008
1900GMT-2200 GMT
Inside the East Gate area, and along the East Merchant road from the library to the East gate

Come all yah Merchant's, vender's crafters, Seller's and Buyers
Join us in a grand Market before the winter's cold sets in
Set up your wares to sell, empty your stores
Bring in your best or not so best
Bring it all
Hope to see you there

The Call of destiny would like to invite all our friends and neighbors to an end of season Merchant's Market on November 9, 2008 . Starting 1900GMT to 2200 GMT or later.The location will be anywhere from the library along the East Merchant Road to the open area inside the East Gate. If you wish to set up a stand or table, Please feel free to do so. Please feel welcome to join us. A good chance to open that storage chest and get rid of unwanted items, or to purchase some. We hope you join us.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me in-game.

Jaycol Ironhandt

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:53:05 pm by jaycol »

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Merchant's Market
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:26:57 pm »

First! I would like to Thank all the venders  for setting up to sell their wares along the East Merchant Road in Hydlaa.

Second, I would like to apologize to them for being late.

[I feel that we could or should have a regular market in-game. I realize that not everyone can participate each and every time ( or make it on time). So I talked to a few players about having an Open Merchant Market every two weeks along the East Merchant Road to the open area inside the east Gate of Hydlaa.

As an open market it would not need to be sponsored, allowing vender's and crafter's a suitable place of commerce to set up and sell their wares. As well as set an area of interest for players looking for items. This road is well used and provides a great location for such a setting to be used.

That being said I would like to post two dates for the next Merchant gathering's. This is to set up a time and location for a large in-game market. I feel that it could be scheduled on a regular basis every two weeks. ( again it is a come if you can event that the participating players can organize as they choose) That will allow the area to be
used frequently, and help to set it up as a daily market area in time as people get use to looking in that area.]

Merchant Market
                    East Merchant Road to the East Gate of Hydlaa
                    Sunday, November 23, 2008
                    1900GMT to 2200GMT

Merchant Market
                    East Merchant Road to the East Gate of Hydlaa
                    Sunday, December 7, 2008
                    1900GMT to 2200GMt

[Again, this is to set a time and location for those who wish or can  participate. All are welcome to join in. If you wish to set-up a stand along to the road during the week or on another day, please post it here so we will know you are doing so. By doing so you may get some company from other merchants looking for business. Which in the long run only brings more customers.]

Have fun
                                                                                                                                  Jaycol

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:11:13 am »
Personally last time i was there it was fun. Except for the dwarf wall. The simultaneous movement made them look creepy as hell.
Also, i bought a lute.
Can't wait till next time.
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 10:52:36 pm »
[ Ok, Now that the holidays are nearly past and other scheduled and unsceduled events. I would like to get back on schedule with this. Again it is my hope that we can get this market to operate on its own in time at a set place and time period. Basically every two weeks. It is designed to be self peserving with time but needs a hand to see that develope]

Open Merchants Market
                   East Merchant Road to the East Gate of Hylaa
                   Sunday January 11. 2009
                   1900GMT to 2200GMT

I would like to extend an invitation to all crafters, venders, or merchants
              To come and join in at the first big market for the new year.
                    I would also like to extend that welcome to All the citizens of hylaa and the
              surrounding communities to come share in the fun and to enjoy the many wares
              and items that the local and foriegn merchants have to offer us at their best.
                    We hope to see many of the newer crafters and merchants come try your hand
              at displaying your wares and to hone your marketing skills among the best crafters and
             merchants that the land has to offer.  We welcome you into our fold to come share
             our knowledge and experience.

Honorably,
                                                                          Jaycol Ironhandt
                                                                          Master Merchant
                                                                          CoD
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 11:25:56 pm by jaycol »

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:48:21 am »
[A friendly reminder for the market today. I hope to see several Merchant there. I also would like to remind those that wish to set up a stand for thier character to sell items. The East Merchant Road is very long and provides  several open places along it for Merchants to display thier wares. It also opens up into a larger area near the East Gate. So spread out. This will allow for better indivual display and provide a realistic RP setting of the Market. It will he;p to keep main chats from overlapping each other as much, and will give buyers the chance to walk around looking for that item of interest. The open area just inside the gate is large enough for the event itself. It provides quite an open area which has yet to be utilized. So lets not bunch up in one particular area. Set your stands up a fair distance from each other to provide an actual market setting for your customers.]

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:13:47 pm »
         [ A big thank you to everyone who came to set up a stall and sell thier wares today. You did a great job! Thanks also to the carpet merchants who came to join us. Much Appreciated all. Thanks to all the customers who kept us busy throughout the whole event, you made it worth our while. it was good to see a steady flow of interested people right to the very end, and then some. I'll post the next date in a few days. Enjoy, I hope you had fun, I did.]

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:48:39 am »
[Open Merchants Market
                   Sunday January 25. 2009
                   1900GMT to 2200GMT]

Bargains galore to be had,
Prices ain't half bad,
Hope yah all can come
If just ta haggle fo' fun
Yah is lookin' fo' somethin' I can tell
So come on down ta da Merchant's sale

[I do ask that all Merchants who set up a stall for their good, to please do not use shouts, use the auctions. The shouts were way too many and overwelmed the main chat window frequently. So please use /me shouts " Come and see my wares" as an action instead. Everyone knows we're there, so lets use our characters charisma to drwa customers in for a closer look. My Thanks. See you there]

Nairan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 03:13:05 pm »
bumb .

comment about the market will follow.

Cilay_mecur

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 05:34:58 pm »
AH, sorry The Way of the Hammer missed it. our shop has always made good tria at the markets, but found this thread a little to late and close to a RP we organised, hopefully next time!
Cilay Mecur,
Keeper of the Hammer,
The Way of the Hammer

Nairan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 06:07:27 pm »
there was no real market...except you call the stand of woiperdingers a market..

.... fail ....

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 10:10:33 pm »
there was no real market...except you call the stand of woiperdingers a market..

[Actually they are quite a market of their own. I have Bartered with them more then a few times. They carry a very large selection of wares and items for interested buyers. They did show up at the begining of the Market time and held the market as scheduled. ( I unfortunately, had emergency home repairs that needed my attention more) However I did make the last hour and another before having to depart again.]

[Failure? No!, I had about 10 customers, and did rather well. If there is any questions about the market please scoll up. This was never intended as a free entertainment activity. It is intended as a community oppurtunity to set a regular place and time for the activity. I had spoken to several characters in-game that had worked with markets and sells in the past. Many wish to see a regular market establish itself in the game. I doubt it will ever be a big activity each and everytime there is one scheduled. But! the oppurtunity will be there.]

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 10:11:50 pm »
  [ My present work hours have increased so my weekday playing time has been greatly effected so it is hard at the moment to advertise the market in-game as much. If a few of you that are interested in it could lend a hand to advertise it. I would very much appreciate your help]

[Merchants Market[
                    Sunday Febuary 8, 2009
                    1900-2200GMT] /color]

As the beginning cycle reoccurs
    Many thoughts of love will stir
    For sediments, that are held high
    A precious thing in which to buy
    A gift your love one will not forget
    May be found at the Merchant's Market

Inviting all Merchant's Old and New. To dig within your wares for the rarest and most treasured items of your stores to be displayed for the seaching hearts. Whom, have been enchanted by the whim of romance as the early cycle blooms with the blossems of the season's prosperity. Present to them a choice of gifts that cannot be found throughout the lands. That specail item that may win for them the endearment of the one whom they hold most within their hearts.[/i]

[Hope to see you there]

Shami

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 11:07:58 pm »
You can expect The Steelheart Armory to be there.
Proud owner of The Steelheart Collective, which consists of:
~~The Steelheart Armory: http://syndicate.xordan.com/wiki/doku.php/public:armory
~~The Steelheart Courier: h

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 08:57:14 pm »
    [Heh! Well? The market is still a go. I guess we'll just add some support to the Art Festival while we're there :) I do ask that we limit the shouts in main. Once every minute or so is way to many Thanks again Jaycol.]
    [For those that haven't seen it yet, Here's a link.  The two activities can blend and support each other nicely. So lets work it together and make it work well for all involved.]

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=34748.0

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 06:19:17 pm »
[My Thanks to everyone who set up today in the Market. And of course to the many customers who stop by. Appreciated. I was looking at maybe having a few up Ojaveda way to make it easier for those that set up for the Unodin Celebration. I think it will make it easier for merchants if we did.  If we do I think we can merge it with a book fair into one activity. Let me know what thoughts you have on that.]

Thanks Again
                                                                                                                              Jaycol