Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Let's get ancient players back...
« Last post by xitop on March 10, 2024, 02:30:01 am »
Hi.. I'd like to get back in and take a look around, my ingame name was xitop... but can't getpast the login launch screen. The link provided leads to a 404 error, and I don't know the discord address. Suggestions please?
Thanks,
 xitop
General Discussion / Re: Omg! My account still works!!
« Last post by Socius Rockus on February 23, 2024, 01:20:07 pm »
 \\o// I got my old characters back thanks to Talad
« Last post by Illysia on February 23, 2024, 12:48:08 am »

This has been discussed before, and we really should get going now.
Let's try to get ancient players back. We all miss friends of old we would like to see back in the game.

This is always a noble goal. However, I'd like to share a few thoughts about the bumps in the road that I hit when I used to attempt such things in the past. These issues might still be lingering around.

Are there enough active stories for people to find some RP hook to latch on to? Nothing ran people back off like not having something to talk about or not having something that they wanted to interact with. It just stinks coming back and you have no connection to anything anymore. Also, people will likely come back to an empty buddy list, so heavy community support would be helpful. How many people are on at a time, these days?

For some, they left because of community drama. In those cases, it might be helpful to mention that the people they hated don't play the game right now. ;D (<- I missed this emoji) Other people might have wanted features, races, or skills that didn't exist. It might be helpful to point out specific new things that might interest the person.

Oh yeah, Gonger mentioned that there are new locations... That means that that online players could be even more spread out. You may want to invite people back for specific events. This way, if people come back, they see several players in the area instead of an empty area. That might not be an issue any more, but it is something to think about if there is still low player count.

Overall, I feel like messages will be more effective the sender happens to remember why that player left. The more personal the message is, the more likely the player is to read it and consider it.
« Last post by Talad on February 21, 2024, 05:01:04 am »
@Socius Rockus, if you don't have access to your old email anymore, we can anyway recover the account, and switch the email to a new one. You will have to prove the account is yours. Contact "Talad" in our Discord channel to recover it. Discord link is on main web site, under chat or top right corner.
« Last post by Socius Rockus on February 17, 2024, 08:21:27 pm »
OnTopic: I agree with Seytra

Semi Topic Related: as I'm getting (I think) into PS again, somewhere in the future I wouldn't mind making guides for linux peeps (guess what I've been doing those years :p )

Off Topic /or not?
Hey y'all!
Somehow I found some poetry notes, while cleaning, I wrote for a character named Eliseth (IIRC, maybe a typo) Today! She sold them books for mad trais! Also print outs from the overview of the government etc. (IIRC the whole portal planet thing is new, either way: GREAT! going through the character creation this time was like better :) )
So I went and looked up Planeshift. it the game I abandoned when I went to study +- 17-15 years ago (I dunno).
My old characters are gone, because I abandoned them email addresses and don't know them passwords. THIS (forum) I remembered by lightning strike today (I already changed it to something I need a manager for). I'm more than okay with that, most of them trias I got through them mining exploits and 15 years  further new game new me :) I'm like +- double the age now.

What I noticed in the tutorials: fighting (magic) is MUCH better, so RPing based on "Oh I just got through the portal, imma learn how to survive and live in this new society" is like SOOOO much better, really liked the introductions :)

+- 17 years, My main (see this forum account) has like all it's funding from mining calculation mistakes :) -> I don't care, I want to start new.
If we can work something out so I can take Socius as first name I'm all ears: problems are I don't have control over the email related to the account and for the life of me the password neither (I was paranoid @ 16 :p ) and so I understand that if that's not possible, I now have a Nolthrir with Socius as last name.
Anyway: I would like that, I can give the email-address  to the account, but that's all, so I understand if it's not done... else I would make it as soon as I read it :p

Freaking mountains and valleys! I've only seen the tutorial region, Hydlaa plaza and my first stop: Kada-el's! those fancy wine cups are the only change it needed :)
I'mma make it a real goal to do Planeshift again after the cool welcome in global chat :D
« Last post by Socius Rockus on February 17, 2024, 04:00:30 pm »
What is this for sorcery!? I'm back too and we're from around the sam-ish time.
Too bad my old game account is gone (linked to an old hotmail that I burned years ago).
Got a new char going, wibble! (<- That's how we wrote WB {Welcome Back} back in the days, like ... 17 years ago :p )
Just logged in because I'm stuck finding hydlaa plaza  :detective:
« Last post by gonger on February 15, 2024, 01:28:22 pm »
;D

I don't know if anyone remembers me. I was here long, long ago.

Welcome back!

What was your in-game name?

Greeetings, Gonger
General Discussion / Omg! My account still works!!
« Last post by Noobis on February 13, 2024, 01:19:19 am »
 ;D

I don't know if anyone remembers me. I was here long, long ago.
« Last post by Kluger on January 31, 2024, 11:32:41 pm »
Remember, when sending a letter, preface any appended thoughts at the end with P.S.

« Last post by gonger on January 29, 2024, 01:06:16 pm »
This caught my attention.  How ancient is ancient?  (Holy smokes, my login still works!)
Hello Kluger!

Everybody who used to play, but no longer does, of course!

I received no comments whatsoever about the mail draft... Is it that good?  ;D

There was some discussion on discord about privacy issues points 3 and 4. We would most likely cancel 4 entirely, and for 3 let a guild representant write a text that would be sent through someone from the team with full access to the adresses.

So, let's do it... and get our old friends back! And our RP enemies as well!

Gonger
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10