Author Topic: Real life - messing around with magick  (Read 2062 times)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Real life - messing around with magick
« on: August 04, 2017, 08:24:41 pm »
Who wants to try monkeying around with real life magick?

No, I don't mean like selling your little brother to the devil in exchange for a lucky charm or anything like that. I mean experimenting and seeing if it's possible to get results.

For anyone interested, this would mean temporarily suspending your disbelief and opening yourself up to new possibilities. It might involve the invocation of a demon or group servitor. It might mean comitting to some simple meditative exercises and experimental rituals..... Well see how it goes.

Any intetest!?

And no, this is not a role playing thing. Real life, real consequences.

Warning: if you play, you accept your consequences. No blaming, no shaming.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:26:35 am by Rigwyn »

leonideus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Real life - messing around with magick
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 12:59:02 pm »
I recommend against this, carelessly using any sort of magic ritual can come with frightening consequences. Demons don't like being messed with and tend to pay it back in kind. In addition an amateur probably can't tell the difference between a demon and another type of spirit. At the very least limit it to a seance, and preferable cleanse the place with holy water afterwards.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 08:04:56 am »
I'm flexible. Maybe for starters maybe we create personal sigils and have some group discussion about how to do it, if it worked, and why it worked or why it didn't work and how to know if it's all in your head or if it's real ( or if that distinction even matters ).

As for location for any kind of group work should there be any interest in that, the location would be "online" and it would be totally anonymous. The will be no foreseeable need  for breaking anonymity.

As for beliefs, each participant is free to believe whatever they want.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 10:38:39 am »
I allready use a lot of "real magic", a mystical thing many might know as "mathemathics". I also do some more extreme stuff like, "programming", so i say no thanks, i have enough magic allready.

Mairon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 04:59:21 pm »
Rigwyn, 93!
DONT TREAD ON ME

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 01:19:40 am »
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 07:06:10 am »
Let me ask you this:

What role did belief play with the kamakazies, isis suicide bombers, heaven's gate cult and those annoying Mormons and Jehovah's who bang on your door and try to get you to join them?

Did not belief cause them to override their own will to live, sense of dignity, and natural self preserving instincts?

Did the ability to sow these beliefs give the one who implanted them power over them?

What role does belief play in advertising?

Does the ability to comprehend and work with your own beliefs give you any personal advantage?

If you ignore the hyped up "magick" that Hollywood portrays and instead, think of it a way to get what you want, then it makes a little more sense.

It's not for everyone, and its simply something to explore with an open, yet critical mind.

Lastly, I don't affiliate myself with any particular groups or organizations. I read, see what works, keep what I like and discard the rest.

@marion 93/93

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 11:24:32 am »
>If you ignore the hyped up "magick" that Hollywood portrays and instead, think of it a way to get what you want, then it makes a little more sense.

So, initiative and manipulation?

People who use magic to get what they want are wasting time that could be spent actually getting what they want. It's pathetic. They don't realize that the people out there who don't believe in magic are actually getting what they want through action.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

netforce10

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 12:33:01 pm »
Besides the spiritual side of "magic" I see no real use in it. The useful spiritual side would include means of introspection which may be things like tarot or casting runes or things like that.

Personally that is more about seeing what meanings tend to be formed from something given by chance and how one interprets it and from there on about deducting why one thinks why they think it means that. That is a way in which you may be able to learn more about how you yourself think and perhaps what is behind some of your motivations.
Larili Soriol

Mairon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 01:30:59 pm »
Some people use magick to practice magick. It is called "process".

Larili, that`s very BW. Oh, right..
DONT TREAD ON ME

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 06:31:59 am »
Besides the spiritual side of "magic" I see no real use in it. The useful spiritual side would include means of introspection which may be things like tarot or casting runes or things like that.

Personally that is more about seeing what meanings tend to be formed from something given by chance and how one interprets it and from there on about deducting why one thinks why they think it means that. That is a way in which you may be able to learn more about how you yourself think and perhaps what is behind some of your motivations.

I would call what you just described a psychological perspective rather than a spiritual perspective but that distinction I guess, depends on how you define "spirit". Regardless, it's the perspective that I see as being most plausible and most useful.

I don't believe shit happens for no reason at all. I tend be more or less sided with hard determinism and view free will as an illusory predetermined choice. What's interesting though, Is to look at what influences contribute to our decision making and how to interact with or disrupt that process.

I'm talking about exploring, experimenting and learning about shit, but people here are opposed to that sort of thing. I guests for them, science is more about reading about someone else's discoveries and conclusions rather than rolling up your sleeves and making your own. That's ok with me. It's pretty much what I expected.

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 12:59:06 pm »
fah, magick, whatever that is. i deal in magic all day. i make the gestures, speak the incantations and beings of all stripes bend to my will.

magic is just knowledge by a different name.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Mairon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:12 pm »
I'm talking about exploring, experimenting and learning about shit, but people here are opposed to that sort of thing.

Not everyone here is like that.
According to definition, that weird "magick" is "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will". Mundane actions or rituals - doesn't matter, the latter just helping accumulate more energy to cause change according to the law of transformation of quantity into quality, so nothing really supernatural here, sorry. But to me it's only the external side of it. There is also an internal one dealing with psychology and self-exploration. People in the modern world are so obsessed with the outer world, results and goals it's disgusting. The inner psyche is infinitely greater than this tiny globe we're living on and much, much more exciting. Trust me.
However, I strongly disagree about viewing free will as an illusory predetermined choice. Who determined it? "God"? Your landlord? Humans are mortal and have no power over you except economic one, matey.
DONT TREAD ON ME

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 08:20:03 pm »
I'm talking about exploring, experimenting and learning about shit, but people here are opposed to that sort of thing.

Not everyone here is like that.
According to definition, that weird "magick" is "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will". Mundane actions or rituals - doesn't matter, the latter just helping accumulate more energy to cause change according to the law of transformation of quantity into quality, so nothing really supernatural here, sorry. But to me it's only the external side of it. There is also an internal one dealing with psychology and self-exploration. People in the modern world are so obsessed with the outer world, results and goals it's disgusting. The inner psyche is infinitely greater than this tiny globe we're living on and much, much more exciting. Trust me.
However, I strongly disagree about viewing free will as an illusory predetermined choice. Who determined it? "God"? Your landlord? Humans are mortal and have no power over you except economic one, matey.

By predetermined, I mean that our choices and reasons for choosing are just the results or consequences of prior actions and events. That we have as much choice in what we will do as a chain of toppling dominoes.

On the other hand, I'm in the process of reevaluating my views on hard determinism. You could say that hard determinism cannot exist because a first cause would breAk the rule of all new actions being the result of prior actions.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 04:16:35 am »
Free will is a myth and a lie, don't believe in it or you are lost.