Author Topic: Art...sort of  (Read 22129 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Art...sort of
« Reply #420 on: September 12, 2013, 01:14:14 pm »
Ah, I thought that might have been Evirea but at the same time I was thinking she might not wear an outfit like that. The things you learn. ::|

Nice fenki outfit though. As elvi has proven fenkis can sometimes use a little more covering up. But kieve was having fun when he redid the enki textures. :whistling:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 12, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »
Well, you don't see the rings in the screenshot. And the ... hmmm ... "gipsy" or "latina" outfit? Not sure, don't ask me about mode. But certainly not the most honest and virtuous.  :innocent:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 12, 2013, 02:19:24 pm »
KITTIE LOVE!  :love: :love:

I kept thinking of the Big Bang Theory's Sheldon song when I was drawing it.

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur...
Ah, I thought that might have been Evirea but at the same time I was thinking she might not wear an outfit like that. The things you learn. ::|

Nice fenki outfit though. As elvi has proven fenkis can sometimes use a little more covering up. But kieve was having fun when he redid the enki textures. :whistling:

I may or may not mostly be perpetuating the "klyros have no breasts!  :@#\" Thing more than anything...<.<

Personally I've always liked the outfit on the clamod model better, I was mostly just pointing out the irony. xD

Well, you don't see the rings in the screenshot. And the ... hmmm ... "gipsy" or "latina" outfit? Not sure, don't ask me about mode. But certainly not the most honest and virtuous.  :innocent:

I have it on good authority belly dancers everywhere are highly insulted.  :P  ;D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:22:37 pm by Mariana Xiechai »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 12, 2013, 02:31:05 pm »
I'm contacting Kieve to see if he has any retextured outfit for fenkis, maybe even for menkis. Who knows. Just hang on in there, he's got beauties such as this:

I recall him having something around there, don't know. That's why I'm asking him.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 12, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »
I remember a statement like: "Talad has them. Ask him to implement them." -- Was it in his deviantArt thread?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 12, 2013, 02:48:07 pm »
If this Kieve fellow already has a lot of pre-made skins for fenkis and menkis...

Why can't we just use them and implement them as, say, mage's robes?

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 12, 2013, 03:14:42 pm »
Mage's robes, now in bellydancer cut. FEEL THE MAGIC FLOW THROUGH YOU. (especially your hips.)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 12, 2013, 03:25:32 pm »
Mage's robes, now in bellydancer cut. FEEL THE MAGIC FLOW THROUGH YOU. (especially your hips.)

Also useful in distracting opponents. Hypnotism to the rhythm.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:28:23 pm by Mariana Xiechai »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 12, 2013, 04:13:22 pm »
Quote from: Shakira
And I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see baby, this is perfection

Hey girl, I can see your body moving!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 12, 2013, 05:44:53 pm »
I remember a statement like: "Talad has them. Ask him to implement them." -- Was it in his deviantArt thread?

I do remember such a thing in a certain freenode channel. Talad had many, many, many things from Kieve, that for some reason aren't implemented. Incompetence? Lack of interest? Maybe he lost them? It could be anything. He could be waiting on every race to be "physically" fleshed out (as in, models done).

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 12, 2013, 07:15:58 pm »
Tell Kieve i say Hai! :offtopic:

Also, I really like that colored fenki Mariana!

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Kieve

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Creative Hack
    • View Profile
    • KRS MediaWorks
« Reply #431 on: September 14, 2013, 09:52:09 am »
...But kieve was having fun when he redid the enki textures. :whistling:
I may have gone slightly overboard on the Akkaio's attire (or lack thereof). I regret nothing.

I've said it numerous times over the years. There are any number of reasons why he hasn't seen fit to use them.
-Waiting for a matched set of Menkis to go with (not gonna happen)
-Didn't like the fuss caused when Clamods were switched over (some people were less pleased at having their characters suddenly change graphical appearance)
-Too attached to the current appearance // doesn't feel like tweaking the files to allow leg-spike transparency (which is really the thing I was proudest of when redoing the textures - seriously, what is their purpose?)
-"Quitting" means I'm not technically part of the team and not bound by the art license. Frankly, I don't give a damn, I made them specifically for PS and I'm not about to demand them back, but PS has a long history and I wouldn't someone tried to burn him that way in years past, so I won't fault him for being cautious, if that's the reason.
-Spite, possibly? There was some... internal friction. No details shall be provided.
-Possibly just lost files, although I've offered them up several times so that's not really an excuse.

Bottom line, you'd have to ask the big man directly. And if you wanted anything to change on the subject, there'd have to be a community consensus, not just a few people poking him about it.

If this Kieve fellow already has a lot of pre-made skins for fenkis and menkis...

Why can't we just use them and implement them as, say, mage's robes?
Misconception. I started revising fenki skins as a hobby project, but it'd be incorrect to say I have a lot. One outfit/skin for each - and the nice thing about photoshop layers (and working from the same UVW map) is it's a snap to mix and match. Base skin (/fur) + clothing layers (+optional recolor), I could have Rabani wearing Clamod outfits in about two minutes or less. That's not to say there's a wealth of stuff sitting on my drive, just that it's all easily interchangeable.

And so I stop derailing the thread completely, your artwork isn't too shabby either :) keep at it!
Tell Kieve i say Hai! :offtopic:
Hai. *waves paw and vanishes*

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 14, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »
Kieve! \\o// *waves*

Shame though, no more new skins. But maybe he will still do pictures out of nostalgia and post them one day.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 14, 2013, 02:40:51 pm »
Kieve! Wow! Miss ya man. Hope you're doing alright!

Rirenil Masdo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:28 pm »
Talad is the reason this game exists.  Talad is also the reason this game exists in it's current state.  Good or bad, is is a matter of opinion. Pretty much everyone that's ever worked under him for this project knows exactly what I'm talking about here. 

Good to see the community is still doing its thing though.
"Jekkar really is Planeshift's very own Van Gogh - an iconoclastic rulebreaker, unheralded by his peers, who must await for history to recognise his talents at a later date." - Rinenud
"Jekkar is an old one-eared smelly elitist party-pooper jerkface."  - Neko K