Author Topic: Rename issue?  (Read 719 times)

Blacknight

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Rename issue?
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:04:46 pm »
I have been playing my character for a few weeks now, only today (after a crash outside the arena) i try to return only to find my characters first name has been obviously changed (ie by someone - not just a garble of the original). NOW I can't do anything but crash as the arena area starts to load. Ran the updater, tried my other character (un-renamed - works fine) still crashes - after trying half a dozen times i guess I'n forced to post here and hope someone can fix this - hate not being able to use my main character....

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
Re: Rename issue?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:06:00 pm »
My guess is that it has something to do with your chars location/graphic settings. You might try contacting a gm and see if moving the char will help or changing the settings a bit and see if that works

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Blacknight

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 11:47:37 pm »
all settings were fine before the name change - everything worked. Now it doesn't - can't stay online with that char long enough to contact a GM. Whoever changed my chars name made it unplayable - needs fixing!

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 12:04:57 am »
Try hopping on irc and seeing if you can find a gm awake to talk to http://www.planeshift.it/irc.html  <--instructions
or if your other char works use that to contact someone.
Also, if your name was change that most likely means that the name didnt follow the naming policy and is probably not the problem.

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Blacknight

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:55:17 am »
will try the link - but sure seems odd that the char played just fine everywhere (including the arena) and after the name change it doesn't....but - we'll see. Thanks

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 02:07:55 am »
I really doubt that the technical issues are at all related to the renaming. Certainly a coincidence.

Your IRC channel to visit on freenode will be #planeshift-gmtalk; do greet GMs (flagged as "voiced") by calling their name to have their bell ring.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Blacknight

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 02:38:28 am »
apparently some kind GM has relocated me to town without my trying to figure out how to work IRC, for which I am grateful!

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 10:30:26 pm »
I looked up who I thought was you based on what you said above and moved you. But it is really unlikely the renaming had anything to do with your problems. The exact same thing happens with players often enough for GMs to think about just moving you as soon as they hear about it.