Author Topic: Two Problems Before Entering The Game 8-18-13  (Read 901 times)

LosingTime

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Two Problems Before Entering The Game 8-18-13
« on: August 18, 2013, 02:19:08 pm »
I just downloaded the game. It took me 4 hours to do so! So when I tried to play the first problem arose.

1.)It said update available, but that I must be an administrator.
(I looked here before but the person getting help had a Mac, I have windows. Second if it's talking about admin of my computer, I am the only one who uses my computer.)
The second problem.
2.)The server is not available.
(Anyways I read that the server was updated, and the directions to fix it didn't work. When I tried to change the file it would let me go in and change it, but saving it it told me access was denied. Now maybe I could fix problem 2 if I could fix problem 1.)

Please someone help, I had planned to play it in my last moments before school started. :'(

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
Re: Two Problems Before Entering The Game 8-18-13
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 02:31:03 pm »
for problem one try right clicking the PlaneShift icon and you should see an option to "run as administrator"

:)

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

LosingTime

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 02:56:03 pm »
Yes thank you that worked and so both are fixed! I feel so stupid, such a simple thing to do.  :-[

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:37:52 pm »
It has happened before so dont worry about it.  Welcome to PS! Once you get through the tutorial it would be great if you would post your suggestions/thoughts about it here: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41352.msg465900#msg465900   

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »
I've done far worse, LosingTime, and I've been around long enough to know better ;)  Sometimes if running as an administrator doesn't work, you can try declining an update when it gives you that little prompt screen. Then go under "repair", and the Launcher should run an update on its own.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 01:40:04 am »
This works only if any update server is available... and a PING is not enough to check its state.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty