Author Topic: Please Enable Your Profile on Myplane  (Read 495 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Please Enable Your Profile on Myplane
« on: October 05, 2014, 12:32:58 am »
Hello Everybody, would you please consider logging into MyPlane and enabling your descriptions to display to everyone if you haven't already done so. I would like to be able to react to character appearances or maybe I should say react to what is in their descriptions, and it would help greatly to be able to pull them up on MyPlane while I am playing. I can't pull up everyone's description in game at the same time or I might be too busy serving people to get someones description while I am standing next to them. Sometimes, I just need to be able to describe a character I encountered in a different RP and I can't OOCly remember the distinguishing characteristics of their look.

Either way, it would be really helpful if people who haven't enabled their descriptions on MyPlane could do so. To enable you profile, login to MyPlane with your PS username(email) and password, select the character who needs to enable visibilty, click on the Settings link in the menu on the left side, Select everyone for the Basic setting, and save. Then when people type in your name in the search on the main page, your character should come up and everyone can read your setting. If you need to enable more than one character, click Switch Char on the left menu to pull up another one.

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:26:05 am by Illysia »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Please Enable Your Profile on Myplane
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 02:31:59 am »
And as a prerequisite, it would be great to have a description for most of our characters at all.

But please, restrain yourself ... don't describe much more than what someone passing by would see in a brief glance. When I look at a character in-game and see pages of different detailed outfits to scroll down, and a headline of choice, then I can't help but conclude with the summary: tl;dr

If you are proud of your elaborate dresses, please make reading their description optional for those who want to take time to do so; but in a character description, "wearing an elaborate outfit" should only be one less important attribute of the person inside the clothes. Subtle hints about the general mood, habits, behaviour or even handicaps are much more important.

Details about reasons for some peculiarities (like being imprisoned for years) or even the pedigree belong to the OOC part only. I doubt that you can count the siblings of people by just looking at them. But a haggard face, if at all visible (cloaking is a bad excuse, IMHO), is obvious enough to be described in the C.D. immediately.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 09:45:22 am »
Have you ever thought about trying to remember what a character looks like the first time you meet them? Or keep a notepad doc handy.

Some players aren't really into descriptions, or maybe they do not wish to opt in.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 05:15:28 am »
Have you ever thought about trying to remember what a character looks like the first time you meet them? Or keep a notepad doc handy.

Some players aren't really into descriptions, or maybe they do not wish to opt in.

the character description, and keeping up to date, is a responsibility of the player owning it, not a responsibility of other players.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:28:59 pm »
Exactly.

Illysia cannot force people to play the way she wants them to.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 01:19:08 pm »
Exactly.

she's asking not forcing.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:10:22 pm »
Ok Volki, I'm going to ask you nicely, please stop chasing me around the forums trolling. If you keep this up I will simply keep asking to have your posts removed. You don't like me; I get it. Now go pester someone else.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 06:18:10 pm »
TBH I'm here to point out the fact that you continuously boss players around. It's not trolling. In fact, posts like mine are what usually keep communities in check. But no, we can't have that here, because it might hurt someone's feelings. :'(

Exactly.

she's asking not forcing.

She doesn't have the power to force anyone.

By the way, Illysia, I don't not like you. What I don't like is how you seem to always be complaining about something in the game, and then post something passive aggressive when someone tries to address your complaints.

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 06:26:48 pm »
(perhaps both of you can work on your phrasing and/or not making unnecessary comments on threads)

tbh I forgot MyPlane was a thing

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »
It's not easily accessible from the forum or main page.

Edit: Making it accessible from these places would probably add to the number of players who use it.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:16 pm »
tbh I forgot MyPlane was a thing

That's kinda why I bring it up. I'm sure a lot of people have forgotten. But with running the Stonehead, looking up descriptions is now actually rather useful to me.

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 06:39:52 pm »
At a glance I didn't see it linked anywhere on the main page but I did see it on the news thing on the forums once in a while. Maybe someone can get it added to the community section on the main page

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 07:09:30 pm »
Is it sticky-worthy perhaps?

Pierre

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 08:18:28 pm »
I think it is sticky worthy.  I never remember where MyPlane is.  And it was created for just this sort of thing, aiding RP, fostering relationships amoungst this DARLING group of people :) and remembering which fool you wanted to ignore (if any!), easier for new darlings to see what's what, community cohesion, etc.

Illysia, keep making yer suggestions and requests please, and running the Stonehead too.  Much appreciated.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 08:38:01 pm »
A sticky might be a good idea so that it is easy to find and more importantly easy to update. The MyPlane link in other threads are pointed it servers that are no longer used.

Thank you Pierre.