Author Topic: The GM Appreciation Thread  (Read 541 times)

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
The GM Appreciation Thread
« on: February 20, 2015, 05:59:38 pm »
Lately I've noticed multiple threads that are sort of bashing the GMs despite their hard work on PS. I can understand why people would post their problems and ideas for how to fix them, but there's really no reason to be so hard on the GMs. They put so much time into PS, not only in the development of the game itself, but also in working some magic in RPs, hosting Meet the Devs meetings every other week so they can answer our questions, and so much more. So what if they don't do everything with absolute perfection. They, like the rest of us, are only human. Again, I'm fine with constructive criticism, but some of the things said on certain threads are really to much. I know if I was a GM, I'd be hurt that despite my hard work, people were only bashing me for what's wrong with PS.

I don't want this thread to turn into a debate about how rude people have been on the forums, but rather a place to discuss all the hard work that has been put into PS and how thankful we are for the GMs' dedication.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:03:16 pm by Demagul Riwe »

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: The GM Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 07:05:35 pm »
but there's really no reason to be so hard on the GMs

Please. People in positions of powers need to be questioned constantly. GMs are not glorified players. They are volunteers whose responsibility is to the players.

This community is not half as hard on its GMs as other communities. This place looks like North Korea to outsiders.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »
Their responsibility is to Luca and the Atomic Blue Corporation. That is who owns Planeshift and that is who the GMs work for on a volunteer basis. This is not a democracy, they are not your civil servants. Not liking it will not change it. The various developers and game masters have tried very hard to make this a welcoming place. It can't be easy when there are so many people who have nothing to contribute but their own mind games. All you role players that never do anything but write your little stories, run your little melodramas or bitch about how hard done by you are don't really contribute much. Yes, you are the target audience, but there is a lot of work to do that isn't gonna do itself.

I may not contribute much to the virtual lives of your characters but the contributions I have made, reporting bugs, editing game text written by writers unfamiliar with the English language, and whatnot, has a much more lasting effect than your soap operas. There surely have been players that contribute more towards both sides of Planeshift but they are not usually the ones that complain the loudest.

I shouldda stood in bed.

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:04:13 pm »
I was just thinking about all of the fun events we've been having lately when I found this thread, so I figured I should pop in and say that the GMs have absolutely made the game more fun for me.  That's all.  :)

Gova "Govanaut" Liernan

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 10:23:56 pm »
That is who owns Planeshift and that is who the GMs work for on a volunteer basis. This is not a democracy, they are not your civil servants.

Have you ever noticed that any community whose moderators subscribe to this mindset is always incredibly small? I wonder why...

Yes, you are the target audience, but there is a lot of work to do that isn't gonna do itself.

The target audience becomes the developers. Especially in PlaneShift's case. Not sure if you've been paying attention, but a lot of potential and ex-devs have left due to internal issues. PS needs to keep a good relationship with its players to survive.

I'll assume the rest of your post has little to do with me since I don't do melodrama and can't recall the last time I roleplayed.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 12:06:31 am »
 :offtopic:   >:(

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 06:21:33 pm »
Since someone apparently thought I was trying to incite a flame war, I want to say that I think most of the GMs we have currently are excellent. Not being forced by anyone to say this, I swear.

I have very strong views on how positions of power should be treated, that's all.