Author Topic: Rigwyn for GM  (Read 2270 times)

Sulaika

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Rigwyn for GM
« on: May 21, 2015, 01:09:44 pm »
Rigwyn: that's why you're not a moderator or a GM ;)

Just as a statement and fact:
I really would like to see Rigwyn in the GM-Team. And I see him as a great leader.  \\o// \\o// \\o//  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rigwyn for GM!

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Rigwyn for GM
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:26:21 pm »
Ditto Sulaika

Rigwyn is one of the smartest and most talented people who grace our community: know the lore, a phenomenal rper, has extensive tech background.  Would be a great GM . 

But when leaders - people representing the organization's management - say things like he has said over and over to Rigwyn- and me by the way, who turned down being a GM three times in this game after being asked- well, why would anyone chose to attempt to support the game's administration?

Yeah for Rigster!!
/me

Of course Icly RR would simply kill Rigwyn the next time he sees him.  And then attempt to save his life from the guilt!
RR

"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 03:28:15 pm »
Yes we can?

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 04:01:49 pm »
Heh heh.. If I was offered the position as gm leader, I might consider it assuming that I had the authority to implement story driven games, restructure, train and empower the team as I see fit. I'm pretty sure I'm hated by those who gm and run the game so I highly doubt that will ever happen.

What is really needed is a leader who fully understands roleplay, who knows how to manage people without pissing them off, write fiction and yield to the strengths of others. Gming needs to be fun and rewarding for those who gm but for that to happen, they need to be able to produce an exciting game experience for players.

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 04:05:18 pm »
I'm also accepting any position of power. If Obama or Talad want to step down and hand me their position, I'd be all in.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 04:56:22 pm »
Heh heh.. If I was offered the position as gm leader, I might consider it assuming that I had the authority to implement story driven games, restructure, train and empower the team as I see fit. I'm pretty sure I'm hated by those who gm and run the game so I highly doubt that will ever happen.
oh no, we don't hate you, we just don't think you fit the position.  ;)

What is really needed is a leader who fully understands roleplay, who knows how to manage people without pissing them off, write fiction and yield to the strengths of others. Gming needs to be fun and rewarding for those who gm but for that to happen, they need to be able to produce an exciting game experience for players.
yeah I agree, we are fortunate to have such a leader: Iridia is doing a great job.  :thumbup:

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 04:57:05 pm »
What is really needed is a leader who fully understands roleplay

Yep, from what I've read on the forums and heard IG, I think you have that down...

who knows how to manage people without pissing them off

I think you're one of the few people on the forums able to do that...

write fiction and yield to the strengths of others.

Having read some of your forum writing, I know you can write fiction incredibly, and as for the second part, I've heard that you can use ANYTHING a player throws at you.

I think you're perfect for the role, Rigwyn! You have my vote! #RigwynForGM

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 07:51:46 pm »
Rigwyn is, hands down, the most diplomatic person I have met here in PS, one of the few players who does not push an agenda nor carries around an ego that needs to be fed, which makes him a perfect candidate for the job. Eonwind, are you sure shooting him down publicly as a worthy candidate for the title is the best thing to do? When it is obvious he is beloved in the community and would most likely win the title by votes, including my own. I need more reasons to want to play, then less.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:53:59 pm by Siteya »

Pierre

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 08:26:08 pm »
When it is obvious he is beloved in the community and would most likely win the title by votes, including my own. I need more reasons to want to play, then less.

Exactly this.  Thank you, Siteya.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 01:44:46 am »
Rigwyn is, hands down, the most diplomatic person I have met here in PS, one of the few players who does not push an agenda nor carries around an ego that needs to be fed, which makes him a perfect candidate for the job. Eonwind, are you sure shooting him down publicly as a worthy candidate for the title is the best thing to do? When it is obvious he is beloved in the community and would most likely win the title by votes, including my own. I need more reasons to want to play, then less.
Sorry Siteya, even if I'm quite sure of what I say my primary concern was to make it clear we (devs, GMs, etc.) DO NOT hate Rigwyn albeit we are not agreeing (and I have no fear to say I'm strongly disagreeing) with some of the positions he publicly took.
However a forum is not the place to discuss things about a single person and this is why I haven't added the reason to explain why I don't think he fits the position, these are matter to discuss privately with Rigwyn himself in case he wants to know.
Furthermore the devs and GMs positions are not elected. On top of that I can say that since I'm a dev I haven't heard that Rigwyn proposed himself as a candidate for a GM position, however in case that happens we will follow the standard selection procedure (and the following training) we have been using to select all the GMs. I hope this clear your doubts.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 02:21:23 am »
Let me clarify what I posted earlier. I have no interest in joining the existing gm team. Gutting and rebuilding it - maybe, joining it, no way.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know these gm people and for all I know, they could be very nice folks. Its more the system than the people.

As for positions that I have taken online ( whatever that is supposed to mean ), I speak my mind and when I do, I try to be honest and accurate - sometimes snarky and humorous with a streak of mean. That's my personality and it's not up for debate.  I won't sell myself out and become some sort of subserviant, politically correct pawn. It's just not worth it to me. Either you like me as I am and for what I am or your don't. Personally, I prefer to gravitate to those who like me as I am with all my warts and nastiness.  XD

Peace
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:22:22 am by Rigwyn »

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 04:42:54 pm »
Another positive thread turned into a negative one. Congratulations.

Pierre

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 05:20:54 pm »
I know, right?  Eonwind has been on a forum rampage  :) :) :) But he's still awesome (ish  :devil:), even if WAY more multi-faceted than I suspected.  I'm still grateful that he shut down the wipe-talk.

Anyway, I think what Rigwyn said makes sense - straight-shooting as always.  Many people are going to love the GM set-up, many people are going to feel like it needs a serious overhaul (gut and rebuild) and not want to be a part of it unless that happens.  C'est la vie.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 05:07:44 pm »
Truthfully, and for a good reason, the best RPers and writers do not become GMs.

Why? Because they might not possess the OTHER talents necessary to be a GM, and as mentioned earlier and is key: Generally take stances that conflict with the current GM team! There have been some pretty epic failures when we've tried that in the past - power abuse, clique appeasement, etc., or just flameouts where opinions clash, and whoops, it's a no go.

But would Rigwyn make a great GM? Probably. It's very nice that one of our other players nominated him and is a fun recognition. Bravo!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:10:00 pm by Cairn »
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 07:56:49 am »
I disagree: if Rigwyn becomes a GM, we'll both lose him as a character and as a player.

Another positive thread turned into a negative one. Congratulations.
^ Lovely

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."