Author Topic: Rigwyn for GM  (Read 2276 times)

Kaerli_Stronwylle

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Rigwyn for GM
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2015, 06:33:49 pm »
tbh what I really want to see is a GM-like position which allows a person to act as a game master, but in a more roleplaying sense. Ability to move and spawn objects, teleport players, lock items. But no kick/ban permissions. Someone to act as a dungeon master, lead events, and help players with their own. Essentially someone who is still a player, but is trusted enough by the developers, GM team, and players to be given extra permissions for the purpose of enhancing roleplay.

From my understanding of psychology, someone who may be great at dealing with players' crises and rooting out bots might not be the right choice for roleplay. Same for someone who may be great at formulating stories and catching players' interests may not be right for dealing with bad behavior/hackers.
Very much so -- dealing with day-to-day GM issues and running events/mini-events/GM-involved RP (guard chars) are different beasts.

I'd DM myself, but I find myself struggling with plot structure to the point where it's almost not worthwhile for me to do so...

Ralas

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
    • Reincrownation :D
Re: Rigwyn for GM
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2015, 09:11:46 pm »
We actually had something like this for a short time back in the day.  I think they were called "Event Masters" but don't quote me on that.  They were separate from GMs and were there mainly to lead role-plays.  I don't know exactly what happened to that idea, but I suspect that when you have a limited supply of people who are both willing to help out and qualified to do so, it doesn't really make sense to restrict them to a specific sub-role.  I don't know how it works now, but when i was on the GM team we were selected primarily for RP interest and (perceived) skills, which actually makes a ton of sense;  This way, the lowest level GM's can run RPs if nothing else, and those who gain higher ranks are given moderation "privileges."  You're not arbitrarily cutting off your supply of those who can lead RP's, and only those who are the most trusted become, additionally, administrators.
Yliakum, a really big crystal. These are the voyages of the Explorers Guild.  Its ongoing mission: to explore strange new maps, to seek out new life and new NPCs.  To boldly glitch where no one has glitched before.

www.reincrownation.com :D