Author Topic: The Blacksmith's secret...  (Read 1209 times)

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2002, 12:32:29 am »
need of a lot of differant materials, a secret method and special places to visit for them smithing makes it already damn hard to make a powerfull weapon.

Not to mention the enormeous skill u need to succeed. So i think these things makes it already hard enough to make 1, lets not mention 5 :$

-Xolon-

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2002, 01:59:03 am »
I like the idea of limiting how many you can make, but the idea of allowing the player to only mak it during a full moon or something would be really, really cool. Sickle of the Harvest Moon, Sword of Bloodmoons past. That would add an intersting depth to the game.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2002, 06:23:08 pm »
I see what you\'re saying, but think about it for a second.  If you lose experience, you become worse.  Making a super-powerful item which drains you and weakens you should mean that the next time you try to do it you should be better at it, not worse.

The experience loss just doesn\'t make any sense.  It should just make you feel weary and drained, not less skillful.

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2002, 07:45:21 pm »
I like the idea of creating items on certain ocations, or at a certain place. It would be as though you are inspired by the aura, and have this magical force to make better weapons. Maybe somewhere by the lake, on a lovely autumn day, where the fairies meet, and the sky merges with ground. :D

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2002, 09:36:30 pm »
Aruneko: In a level based game, (which I know this isn\'t...), experience loss doesn\'t actually make your character worse unless it pushes you down a level, which most games don\'t allow. It just makes it so that it will take you that much longer to level up. I\'m still not quite certain how character building will progress in this game, so I don\'t know whether it will work at all here, it\'s just that in those games, experience is the only thing that really feels like you\'re giving away a part of your character. Perhaps it should just take a long time to recover from or something.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2002, 01:13:42 am »
That was pretty poetic TheGeneral. You could make like a special instrument there like \"The Lute of the Fairies Autumn\". Bringing up Lord of the Rings again might be tacky but what about the idea of Moon letters? If you haven\'t read The Hobbit. Moon Letters are script that only show under th same moon thy were written in. So if I wrote a letter under a full moon, it would only show up on a full moon. This would be cool for sending secret messages in Guild Alliances.