Author Topic: unique mounts for every race in the game and maybe town portals  (Read 1611 times)

Black_rose

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • If I could I would, but I don't know how.
    • View Profile
    • My myspace is all I have
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2004, 08:55:08 am »
no enkitduuki are only a little but smaller and have claws instead of hands
KABLUMMPPP!

Zeraph

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Ack!
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2004, 10:59:19 am »
Would hate to see Kran falling out of the sky bcouse they lost there balance on a winged beast?  :D

The origin of Characters:
I was thinking of portals & thought of other ways you could come into the world @ char creation, right now you just get dropped out of the sky but what about 1 way portals from other worlds, maybe Talad opened some to repopulate Yliakum, also you could come from a orphanage or in the gutter of a pub or something else, maybe you can pick the way you enter the world @ char creation like what town you choose to be in, maybe some restrictions for races like Enkidukai  do not spawn in the middle of a small Nolthrir villiage. You could choose to spawn in ether a small mostly race specific town or one of the major cities like Hydlaa & others.

I think there should be portals connecting the major cities of the game, mainly because in other games I have played, you spawn in a race-specific village like lets say an ?Elf? you are surrounded by only elves & there isn?t another type of race for miles, you can try & venture out to find the other villages, but the monsters are too strong & you get killed, plus it takes hours to find another village anyway? It is almost like a different game for other races, they do not interact that often, that is why there should be a free way to travel to major cities (but there will probably only be 1 per every 2 levels or something, who can say) & maguras & stuff for traveling to other hard to reach villages. Also, it would be nice to be able to return to your ?birth place? like your home town easily? many people will probably choose the major cities, maybe you can get more Race-specific quests in a small village & specialties you can?t find in a more generally-oriented cities?

Maybe I should have started a new thread?

CB Characters: Zeph Waterfox & Zeraph Waterfox MB: Zph

Black_rose

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • If I could I would, but I don't know how.
    • View Profile
    • My myspace is all I have
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2004, 03:45:00 pm »
well persoaly i think you should have to get everywhere manualy i like the seperate village idea and i want a two hour walk. anywase i just thought that this should be said...... we need to make beasts and other transportations extremely expesive to encourage rping and they should have to make pitstops every now and then beast should have to eat and the rail things should have to be fixed now and then (once in a while not every single time but still often)

also what game do you play? it sounds fun :D
KABLUMMPPP!

varsity

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2004, 12:47:00 am »
Yea I think It\'d be fine to have portals but, if the village you want to get to is close enough... Maybe only portals In the larger town.

Like people have said before, every race should be able to ride every mount, but have a few minus points for riding, - speed, -handling if the rider\'s skill with mounts isn\'t high enough.  Say a small human tried to command a very very large mount, it wouldn\'t be very easy if they didn\'t have enough skill.

Kran riding a pony... Umm, maybe all mounts of planeshift have all been endowed with mystical powers to carry any creature?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 12:54:04 am by varsity »

Zeraph

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2004, 12:10:26 pm »
Ya, lol, it would be fun to be able to ride the little bugs in this video they released some time ago in main news here:
http://www.planeshift.it/main_01.html

The music team added some music to the movie. Get it Here .(the file is 18Mb)

CB Characters: Zeph Waterfox & Zeraph Waterfox MB: Zph