Author Topic: I dont know whats going on?  (Read 594 times)

Final

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I dont know whats going on?
« on: August 20, 2008, 01:29:28 am »
I updated everything just fine but when i open the client everything looks okay at first. but the sound is kind of messed up and then when i get up to the character selection screen, the models are dark and and not detailed as if it didn't load their skins etc

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
Re: I dont know whats going on?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 02:14:32 am »
Just do what I do and turn the sound off.  The reason the sound is so bad is that you're probably using Windoze.

Final

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 02:28:53 am »
Well i dont mind the sounds, its that i can't make a character because i dont know how they look now.

When i made a character out of pure randomness i noticed that the world itself doesn't have skins as well or as if its still trying to load them..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:34:04 am by Final »

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 05:56:17 am »
what are your system stats?

Final

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 08:37:16 am »
I saw someone with my same problem and they people told them to update their grpahics how do i upgrade my RADEON 9200 SE FAMILY video card. I'm currently running windows xp like that person Link-http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=32755.0

Name: RADEON 9200 SE FAMILY
Manufacturer: ATI Technology inc.\
Chip Type: RADEON 9200 SE AGP (0x5964)
DAC TYPE: Internal DAC(500Mhz)
Approx. Total Memory: 128.0MB

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:11:39 am »
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Try this link. Select your OS and graphic card, download driver and install (not sure how to get only the driver without the Catalyst Control Center though).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:16:29 am by Morla Phlint »

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

citizen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 02:25:37 pm »
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Try this link. Select your OS and graphic card, download driver and install (not sure how to get only the driver without the Catalyst Control Center though).

I just downloaded the full package and started it, this way it unpacks itself. After this you can cancel the install, optionally copying the extracted file before it. My problem was that driver install program refused to install itself, stating no appropriate driver for my hardware. I use for a few weeks a notebook with ati xpress 1100. But manually changing the driver to the one in 8.7 catalyst, i was able to play again. Win xp warns you about the possibility to make system unstable, but it worked for me well.