Author Topic: [Event] Unlawful Connections  (Read 2939 times)

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
[Event] Unlawful Connections
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:28:45 pm »
Word travels fast but only among folk of certain kind. Only those on the other side of the law may hear the rumors bellow:

A new gang is forming up and it seems they have a plan. Big loot. Big risk. What is this about? Only those with unlawful connections know...

[This event is for all players but only unlawful characters will be allowed to join this side. Players can contact me via PM or in-game to register, giving a brief description of their characters and why they would want to participate. No undercover goodies will be allowed. Don't even try it. You'll have a chance to join the event but not as a spy. The good guys will have a part too. If your characters are not really unlawful they wouldn't even hear what is going on. Faction points and previous RPs will be evaluated.]

Kaerli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [Event] Unlawful Connections
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:34:06 am »
[Ok, you're confusing lawless/lawful and good/evil Dajoji.   X-/  :oops: As it is set up right now, a character who is played as Lawful-Evil (yes, I do use alignments as a shorthand, but that's all they're really good for :) cannot enter the event, neither can someone played along the lines of Chaotic Neutral.  Worse yet, what about someone played as Chaotic-Good? :O ]

Kaerli hears a rumor from somewhere that somebody is trying to pull off a big heist...(what will she do with it though?  You'll have to wait and see...)

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:43:45 am »
[Its only your idea of alignments that is making it confusing. Forget good and evil for a moment. Is your character one who would take property from another unlawfully? If so, then its the the thing for you.]
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:05:58 am »
[like stated in the first post: the rumors will only reach those characters that constantly break the law and are in touch the criminal factions in Yliakum. If your character does mercenary work and does not care about obeying the law then they can join this side. What we do not want are characters that are "good" but since they are such big heroes they go undercover and stop the baddies before they do anything. If you want to fight the baddies to come, you will have a chance.

I'm still waiting for baddies to contact me. So far only 4 people have shown interest. You can PM me, email me, /tell me, or /query me on IRC.]

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 11:06:31 am »
Kaerli hears a rumor from somewhere that somebody is trying to pull off a big heist...(what will she do with it though?  You'll have to wait and see...)

[Instead of magically saying Kaerli knows about this because she's super-powerful, how about letting the event run its course? Your character wouldn't know, so that's how it should be. :/]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:09:55 am by Shaman »

Kaerli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 11:09:14 am »
Not super-powerful, but well-connected, Shaman.  And she only KNOWS about it at this point, she hasn't ACTED on the information yet and in fact probably will not act on it  :whistling: .

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 12:33:59 pm »
[Whoever told her shouldn't know about it either, I'm guessing.]

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 12:40:41 pm »
[Maybe her character is on the otherside of the law and therefore would have heard it. Did you guys read the first post?]
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Shaman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 12:49:16 pm »
[Maybe her character is on the otherside of the law and therefore would have heard it. Did you guys read the first post?]

[We all know Kaerli's character, she's a nature crusader who can kill ulbernauts with her bare hands. She isn't on 'the other side of the law', so to speak.]

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 12:59:29 pm »
[Well, thats different then :P]

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 01:13:24 pm »
[Put it this way: is your character buddies with characters like Ukabnu, Zak, Kisatol, or Thorian? Would they want to join gangs like the Onyx Dagger or the Cutthroats or work with them if they have the opportunity to hit the jackpot? Do they see those gangs as the competition? If yes, I'm expecting you to contact me. If no, keep your eyes open because the Octarchy may need your help.]

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 01:27:49 pm »
[What kind of jackpot? money? or ancient artifacts with potential knowledge? One of my chars doesnt always stay on the right side of the law, but she has no interest in money. She does, however, have interest in power and knowledge.]

Morila Qugay

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 01:35:14 pm »
[If someone is to join one of the factions, must they leave a current guild for the event?  I guess what I'm confused about is when you say gangs to you mean they would be a guild?]

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 01:51:34 pm »
[@theirah: can't tell you details about that.

@Morila: no guild affiliation is required or intended.]

Kaerli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 09:37:51 am »
[Put it this way: is your character buddies with characters like Ukabnu, Zak, Kisatol, or Thorian? Would they want to join gangs like the Onyx Dagger or the Cutthroats or work with them if they have the opportunity to hit the jackpot? Do they see those gangs as the competition? If yes, I'm expecting you to contact me. If no, keep your eyes open because the Octarchy may need your help.]
[She IS acquainted with Zak and Kisatol.  She's also close to Maulus and his bunch as well as several Outlaws and ex-Outlaws (Org, Thinzall, ...).]

Kaerli mutters "Heist? P'shaw, who cares about Tria?"