Author Topic: [Event] Didil and Kemmy's Bazaar  (Read 1619 times)

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
[Event] Didil and Kemmy's Bazaar
« on: August 06, 2008, 08:40:49 pm »
A young Klyros and his kormi friend, Kemmy, arrive in Hydlaa bringing carpets and pillows from Ojaveda. Many customers quickly gather around their post. After a good day's work, they pack up their wares and head off to Gugrontid. Happy with the day's earnings, they leave town already thinking about their next business venture. What will they bring their customers next time?

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [Event] Didil and Kemmy's Bazaar
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 09:30:36 pm »
Hrothbert Walked by the Klyros' stand of wares: Smiled to himself, walked away as he said "Nice to see something other than Ulber and Tefu furs for sale."

[love the idea adds more 'realism' the towns]

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 09:35:04 am »
[You can add Didil and Kemmy to your buddy list. They will be recurrent visitors and each time they will offer different goods. They will also buy anything you might want to sell (no, Duraza, not your soul).]

Prolix

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 02:39:51 pm »
[now that is interesting, I wonder what kind of prices they might be paying for crafted goodies. Kudos]

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 03:45:22 pm »
[now that is interesting, I wonder what kind of prices they might be paying for crafted goodies. Kudos]

[Bargain away. Prices of player-made weapons and items not obtainable through NPC merchants will probably meet to the current player market standards. They might not be the best prices you can get but you're paying for the convenience of having them sold/bought right there.]

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 03:47:44 pm »
[Would it be possible that this may become a reliable system where people could sell crafted goods regularly so as to regulate the prices?]
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 04:03:13 pm »
[The idea is that the merchant visits the towns regularly and he'll buy anything players might want to sell. I'm not sure what the impact on the economy will be but for now take it as if you were selling to another player and set your prices accordingly. I suppose this could set a relatively reliable standard for future transactions.]

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 04:15:02 pm »
[Thats what I was thinking. We need to try to keep it fairly stable.]
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 06:49:38 pm »
They will also buy anything you might want to sell (no, Duraza, not your soul).]

[So glad I decided to read this :P I'm going to have to file a complaint with them. Seriously though I think this is cool. First the guards, now messing with the economy. I love GMs  ;D (and maybe I can find some criminals interested in getting some extra cash...)]
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Prolix

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 07:13:50 pm »
[I gather at least some of the time between visits will be spent "visiting" the other levels to buy/sell merchandise. When you say "buy anything" does that mean that you will have unlimited funds and space or will your resources be used on a first come first served basis?

This is a great initiative and hope to see more. Perhaps you could make a post in the "Introduce your character" thread  to flesh out their background. I would be interested to hear if they are agents of one of the merchant houses from another level or any other static content about the world that will be implemented eventually and could be foreshadowed through your dealings.]

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 07:52:33 pm »
[I gather at least some of the time between visits will be spent "visiting" the other levels to buy/sell merchandise. When you say "buy anything" does that mean that you will have unlimited funds and space or will your resources be used on a first come first served basis?

This is a great initiative and hope to see more. Perhaps you could make a post in the "Introduce your character" thread  to flesh out their background. I would be interested to hear if they are agents of one of the merchant houses from another level or any other static content about the world that will be implemented eventually and could be foreshadowed through your dealings.]

[We'll see how much he can buy. We want to keep it realistic but we also want to provide the players with an alternative to sell some of their crafted goods. If you want to know about him and Kemmy, feel free to ask him. He's there to spark RP as well.]

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 09:30:11 am »
[aww, I missed this 'market' that is so annoying... ]
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 11:08:03 am »
[Well, I didn't drop in on the last one, as Monala doesn't need pillows and rugs, but it sounds like fun.]
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Anumesa

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 06:05:51 pm »
[this is VERY cool! I can't wait to see this ingame for myself  :D ]

Beniel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 09:01:36 pm »
[ditto, and this is the sort of events I've been hoping to see, casual, everyday RP. Thank you GMs, and anyone else involved in organising this :)]