Author Topic: Player houses  (Read 3938 times)

Atha

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Player houses
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:22:08 am »
hey guys!, i was looking around for a new MMO, and i found this!, great!
now i have some question. are there custom/pre made houses that players can buy ingame now ?. i have read Karyuu`s FAQ, and it says "not right now". but that FAQ is over 3 years old, and the "10 reasons to play PS" argues that its possible..so planeshifters, what is correct ?

other then that, how big is the land in PS?,. i see the palyerbase peaks at around 100-120. thats no problem if the land is rather "small" ..

i surely will find more questions to ask the second i press "post" , but then ill jsut add to the thread later :)

Thanks in advance!

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Player houses
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:50:22 am »
Houses are available for guilds and player organizations but they are only sold or given away during special events. Players cannot at this moment acquire them alone.

And all official guides, despite how long ago they were posted, are kept up to date by our fine moderators so you can trust the information there is accurate. :)

Atha

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:13:25 am »

great info, thanks!. but the section on the site (under "about") states that you can build and have your own house, thats why i was confused :)

(see reason 8 )

Here are 10 reasons why you should become a player and a fan of PlaneShift:

1. Planeshift is a great place to find new friends from all over the world!
2. PlaneShift is a virtual world where you've always dreamed of living.
3. PlaneShift is the first 3D MMORPG to be fully free for players.
4. Thanks to our open development process the game will be expanded endlessly for years to come.
5. Planeshift is a game made by roleplayers to bring you all the immersion you need from a virtual world.
6. A unique setting, realistic combat rules, great magic system.
7. No budgetary constraints will stop development of the world or prevent the addition of new ideas.
8. You will be able to build your house, your castle, your realm.
9. You have the option to live as an adventurer or as a normal citizen - both paths will be rewarded in the game.
10. You can submit comments, ideas, bugs and the dev team will take those into account in future releases.
Game features

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:46:22 am »

great info, thanks!. but the section on the site (under "about") states that you can build and have your own house, thats why i was confused :)
 8. You will be able to build your house, your castle, your realm.

My Emphasis added not can but WILL, that means at some time in the future when we've had a chance to develop the game further
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:50:40 am by Mordraugion »
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Atha

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:01:40 am »
yeah, it is like you say "will". i guess i just wanted it to much and was hoping it was already implemented :)

i asked another questiopn up there that was a bitt well hidden i suppose, is the PS land big?. i see peak hours its 100-120 players online, and thats great, as long as you actually see them once in a while :)

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:18:47 am »
no its not too big yet and people do tend to congregate in certain places, taverns, mines etc
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Rigwyn

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 02:59:35 pm »

It would be nice if perhaps in the nearer future instead of a house a player could get a "locker" or some sort of storage space instead.
Carrying around a sack of sacks stuffed with 300kg of stuff, - like claymores, pies, shelves and beast innards does seem a little funny :)

Just a thought  ...  ( and probably not an original one either )

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 03:06:51 pm »

It would be nice if perhaps in the nearer future instead of a house a player could get a "locker" or some sort of storage space instead.
Carrying around a sack of sacks stuffed with 300kg of stuff, - like claymores, pies, shelves and beast innards does seem a little funny :)

Just a thought  ...  ( and probably not an original one either )

the bank is supposed to implement that when it will be done (which requires dynamic slots which will first be seen for normal containers)

Quiiliitiila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 08:31:18 am »
I just joined up the other day and had no idea that this was a feature of the game (getting a house), has this been implemented yet? The last post on this thread was over a year ago, so I am wondering if it has changed... Also with the houses, can you dictate what is in them? I wast thinking that if I were to get a house I would make it my Confection shop, but could I put in the kitchen stuff (grill, oven, cuttingbord, etc.)?

Thanks,
Quiiliitiila

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 08:51:35 am »
Only a guild can have a house still and not all guilds have houses since the auctions for houses aren't held that often. For now houses will still be a limited item.

Quiiliitiila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:57 am »
I'm guessing they're incredibly expensive and hard to come-by (in an auction) because of the competition? Can they be customized? I.E. having a kitchen or forge for crafting?

Thanks,
Quiiliitiila

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 09:08:46 am »
In the last auction 3 houses were sold. One sold for 30 million trias, one for 5 million and the last sold for 112 million. There are various furnishings you can use to decorate a house but at this point having kitchen or smithing equipment in a house isn't allowed.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 09:24:11 am »
Well, our guild build a kitchen and even stairs out of boxes. It looks good, but of course it's not functional.  :(

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 09:32:34 am »
Currently the functionality of Guild Houses is the following: a storage area shared by players that hold a key, additional RP scenery. Maybe in the future the Developers will decide to make kitchen & smith tables able for trade though.

For future reference, if you find old posts talking about something that isn't implemented yet, you should take them as up to date. Things evolve slowly in PS.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 12:12:24 pm »
Now that we have storage houses are not suppose to be used for a storage area. The more items you have in a house the more ram is used and the longer the server takes to reboot. Houses are only suppose to have those items you need for decoration and for supporting RP in the house. The storage of items should be done via the NPCs that offer storage.