Poll

Should we host a new contest to choose more OPS members soon?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: Ready for a new OSP Contest?  (Read 3161 times)

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Ready for a new OSP Contest?
« on: September 01, 2009, 05:44:13 pm »
It's been a few months now since the Red Crystal Organization and the Explorers joined the Octarchal Society for Progress and so far they've done a great job delivering several events for the community, helping improve the RP environment in Laanx.

We've been asked when we'll allow other guilds/organizations to join the OSP a few times so this poll is to test the level of interest. Are you ready to participate? Do you have an original idea that can help Yliakum's society as well as promote RP? Or do you feel we should wait a bit longer before doing this again?

Share your thoughts (but don't share your potential OSP ideas quite yet!) and we'll see. :)

kiou

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for a new OSP Contest?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 06:36:12 pm »
yes!

i think it would kick *butt* to have another osp its my fav thing about ps!

player run everything is great!
http://thewhitecorps.webs.com/
my guild website, still being worked on~
* kiou thinks gms should be elected and reviewed~
"Im very smart in some ways, and much stupider in infinitely more ways"

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 06:59:45 pm »
I'm all for another round of OSP.

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 08:49:53 pm »
Indeed~ Gimme a bookstand o//

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 02:23:33 am »
     I think it is a great idea. Though I would suggest that interested parties look to forming an alliance or an organization with other parties of the same or similar interests. Guilds are great and supportive but not necessarily the best resource. An organization is probably the best structure to build from. It allows for growth without limitations to a guilds interests. It would draw in players that are interested in making it work freely rather then dedicated to by affiliation.

Guilds are strong support wise as long as the idea serves the interests of the guild and its members

Alliances offer strong support and extra manpower when the need arises. It also falls under the interests of all parties involved

I have been able to participate in some of the activities held by the current OSP areas and I think they have and are doing a wonderful job with them. I would suggest to anyone interested in participating in another OSP contest to talk to them and learn some of what makes them successful. It may offer some insight on how to frame your ideas.

I think in the first round of the last contest there was some misunderstanding of what was expected of the OSP and what the OSP was looking for. Since it was a first time, it falls under learning experiences. Based on that can we define it clearer to cut down on the processing and adjustments of the applications. I think the OSP was a great idea and I still do. So I vote yes to seeing another contest.

Whether individual(s), guild, alliance or organization. I look forward to another area that is new and offers a different view to the game.

So Bring it on and may the best plan win

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 04:56:34 pm »
I said no. Not because I am against expanding it, but because less is more. I don't think these initiatives should get spread too thinly.

Rigwyn

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 05:06:06 pm »

I would say focus more on reinforcing the existing OSP projects before creating more.

While they are doing great,  the number of RPers in game is fairly small. I would worry that
adding more OSP areas might weaken the existing projects by dilluting the population that
has started to form.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 01:53:11 am »
I concur with Rigwyn and verden, unless you are referring to an OSP for chaotic guilds.

Kronwag Gheargh

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 04:07:19 am »
I voted yes, as it seems to me that involving more players in the life of Yliakum is good for RP, as they can offer more interactions then NPCs. And the actuel projects can't concern everybody. So I would say that as long as it gather motivated people and push up the community as a whole in a better developped world, it is interesting. And I am not sure it would dilute participation, but would incline to think the opposite, that it can attract new players.
And it would be nice to have projects which can be active not just around US time  :innocent:
"Rock has time"

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 04:56:16 am »
Interesting point Tux had about adding one for Chaotic guilds...

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 11:52:45 am »
hmmm...this is a tough choice! It seems like some good points are being brought up.

I am voting yes, since the question is a general one. But I carry the sames concerns as verden and rigwyn have brought up. Jaycol brings up excellent points too.

I do worry about spreading things too thin...I find it challenging to make make rounds to the Den, Outpost, and Stonehead like I want....Takes hours! lol

But having new things, especially with player involvement gets people excited!

Kronwag's timezone concerns are important too... I hope to try and address some of that at the Outpost...my available gametime has switched and now I can't make the Outpost events myself! But perhaps with a nice aura of RP magic, I can carry some of that to the later times.

Anyway, I like the OSP, it's challenging, but fun....hmmm...."challenging, but fun" sounds like what I look for in a game!  \\o//
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 11:57:11 am »
I vote yes. While i agree with what the no people said I think having maybe 4ish OSP guilds total would not much harm. Spreading OSP too much wouldn't be advisable but I also think that we could afford a couple more OSP guilds/organizations.

I would say focus more on reinforcing the existing OSP projects before creating more.

The only people who can work on reinforcing the existing OSP projects are members of those OSP projects themselves (and the GMs by aiding them as agreed or whatever). Sure, we could all join the two current OSP projects but then it's like everyone is an OSP member...

In my opinion we can pick a couple more but make sure that the RP those next winners offer is as diverse and interesting as the RPs and Events that have been conducted by our current OSP members.

I concur with Rigwyn and verden, unless you are referring to an OSP for chaotic guilds.

An OSP for chaotic guilds would be awesome and it would add to the diversity of the OSP winners.
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 12:09:48 pm »
I'm not sure how a OSP for a Chaotic guild would work. Remember the Octarchy isn't going to be supporting any kind of project that would support unlawful activities. I think the better  approach for a Chaotic guild would be to do something like the Stonehead. The Stonehead isn't a OSP  project but it did have Dev/GM support to get things set up and allow the players who are interested run the place.

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 01:07:17 pm »
Yeah. OSP for a chaotic guild would have to be done either similar to how the Outlaws did with the Red Crystal Den originally or it could not actually be called an 'OSP' but maybe instead have an alternate evil funder.
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Rigwyn

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 01:58:35 pm »

I propose:  [LSD] Legion for Societal Decay