Author Topic: Bounty system  (Read 1376 times)

Xyl

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004, 07:43:12 pm »
I\'m just letting Xeffer post his thoughts on this subject since he cannot remember his password (Baka!)

**Xeffer**

Pay no attention to the \'baka\' comment

As for the subject of PvP, i like the bounty idea, but i do believe there should be bounty hunting as a proffesion as a kind of PvP and as for making this game a bit more realistic (or as it can be) than PvP should be free, anywhere anytime. You kill and can be killed. Deal with it.

Bounty hunting would be a good job/proffesion and i think could be quite lucrative in a MMORPG such as this, i know i plan to do such a thing when i get in CB. When i Pk the price may just be to take out one of YOU!
Cheers,

Kiare Valencia
Dwarven \"Jack of all trades, Master of none\"

Melbourne

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 01:26:43 am »
Well I don\'t think a bounty should be automaticly.  There should be like a shop(run by a GM) where you you could place a bounty on someones head that has been going around PKing.  Once a bounty was placed, the PKer is notified of the bounty and will prolly do his best to hide out somewhere and wait for things to blow over.  If people feel the bounty is worth the effort, they will try to hunt this person down.  If the PKer makes amends for his wrong doings, the person who originally placed the bounty can have it removed.  This will all be run by a GM so players can\'t just put a bounty on someones head because he\'s a sore loser.
I\'m not racist, I hate everyone equally.

hitancrias

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 07:44:43 pm »
I\'m AGAINST pvp, exept maybe in arenas and such.
I\'m also definately  AGAINST a bounty system.

The problem is that when playerkillers get a bounty on their head they probably won\'t be hanging out anymore in city because everyone would chase them.

So they are outcasted and judged to the wastes, with nothing more to do than... kill some monsters and travallers. I think it  those pk-ers might even group together so that it would be impossible to roam the lands solitary or with a few others. (Nobody is strong enough to beat maybe 10 experienced other players.)

Of course, you\'ll say there will be bountyhunters and such, but i just don\'t want ps to become one big good versus evil battle, or one big anargy. PS should be a RPG in the first place. So let\'s roleplay, solve quests, kill monsters, explore the world, be happy in a guild and let each other alive so they can do the same.

That\'s it.
Hitancrias. Herbalist. Explorer.

sekhmet

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2004, 03:03:57 pm »
Being able to kill another player is as much part of an RPG as a quest, killing monster or exploring as you say. If you wanne give a game a fealing of reality you have to implement a PVP system. It would be very un-RPG like, to have a sorcerer cast a fireball in the midst of your own party fighting a bunch of monsters and not have your own party be affected by the fireball.

The hard part is making a system that protects newbies from being killed all the time. Playerkillers should live at as outcasts, that\'s wat would happen irl. And it\'s their choice to do so.
Offcourse like mentioned before, their should be some way for accidental pk\'ers to get pardoned.

Good vs Evil: isn\'t this the stuff wat all great fantasy novels are made of? Tolkin, Weis and Hickman, Ursula Leguin, Julian May just to name a few.

I find your arguments unsupported Hitancrias.