Author Topic: IC baddies vs OOC goodies  (Read 6761 times)

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
IC baddies vs OOC goodies
« on: August 30, 2008, 09:58:18 am »
Small insignificant complaint... but the server's down and i'm bored, so i'll post it anyway.

It makes me mad when a "bad guy" (robber, thug, mercenary...) robs and or kills a player ICly and then suddenly within minutes -often even before the victim is out of the death realm- the victim's entire guild of good guys just happens to show up frothing at the mouth ready to linch Mr. bad guy.  I mean, lets get real... its no fun to just tell ur whole guild what happened through guild chat and have them show up at the scene of the crime.  There's not enough bad guys in planeshift these days, probably because IC evil is always combatted with OOC good.  Also... its not very heroic to show up with 10 good guys to punish 1 bad guy...  what would chuck norris say?

sincerely vannaka
(now its ur turn to dice my complaint into little bitty peices and yell at me for complaining)  \\o//
Censorship FTW.

nedoko

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: IC baddies vs OOC goodies
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 10:15:00 am »
I know what It feels like to have theese problems. The gugrontid takeover was a good example, considering the economy would of crashed without godmodders.. At a road block back in February, half the people maybe were godmodding and ignoring us. Yes, in the end lots of goodies were hanging out but many other goodies did things like  watching and while knowing we had a road block they  ran past!

Gaian

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 10:19:02 am »
I think you're right for the OOCy guild chat thing... And OOC good, when these things happens, turns bad (and maybe our bad guy turns good) and ruins everything.
The very heroic thing of the 10 good vs the 1 bad is another thing. You can RP a medieval coward! And then, maybe, be RP hated...
And again, you're right: we're still out of bad people... So if you all meet some,  don't cut their heads, right now they could be useful!  :D (Sorry, I know, I should have came in PS a bit with my evil fenki, but, as it's been told servy's down  :()
Did I diced your complaint?
Meh:  \\o//
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:27:01 am by Gaian »

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 10:21:26 am »
heh, no, no dicers yet.  Its a hit or miss thing, seems like if you tell them its their turn to dice, they don't dice... probly just to make me mad.  ;)
Censorship FTW.

Gaian

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 10:29:19 am »
heh, no, no dicers yet.  Its a hit or miss thing, seems like if you tell them its their turn to dice, they don't dice... probly just to make me mad.  ;)
Sorry..But I knew it! I should have diced! :P

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 10:32:57 am »
That is one the pitfalls of playing Evil. It is usually the ooc reaction of people that make it difficult to play. There is another side to that coin too.
There have been people who are jerks ooc and then turn it around and try to post justify that they where acting Icly. Then the Player of a "good" character is stuck with trying to rp a fake rp.
It is better just to play your character as best you can and assume all is IC.  They could have sent word via Groffel. For having tiny legs they manage to get a message through quickly :)
Take heart Vannaka if there weren't Evil characters it would be pretty boring. Keep up the "Good" work" :P

Eloras

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:59:13 am »
Small insignificant complaint... but the server's down and i'm bored, so i'll post it anyway.

It makes me mad when a "bad guy" (robber, thug, mercenary...) robs and or kills a player ICly and then suddenly within minutes -often even before the victim is out of the death realm- the victim's entire guild of good guys just happens to show up frothing at the mouth ready to linch Mr. bad guy. 

And IC-wise how would the entire guild know about the incident? I dont see a telepathy skill in the game anywhere so how is this information passed on? Guild chat/tell is OOC tech ;)

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 11:54:23 am »
I am going to elaborate more on the Gwinn's side of the coin [though icly I wouldn't know their name] But I have been the victim of 'bad' bad guy RP; Coming across a dwarf with blades drawn in Hydlaa, I , trying to be a 'good' Good Rper, kindly asked that he abide by the rules of the city. At which I recieved no answer whatsoever and and left him be assuming he was afk, busy, or crashed, Later as I was heading through town I receive a tell from said dwarf about them feeling good in his hands, So I tried to answer this telepathic link IC'ly and proceeded to get flamed for being a jerk after I told him [you tells are not really an IC tool]. But anyways point is there are 'good' good Rpers and 'bad' bad RPers.

On another note I have used tells in a way to send a 'message' to other people. i.e./tell Vannaka /my [hrothbert's] messenger walks up to you and hands you a not that says; I would like to meet you at the gobble's teeth will you be able to be there.
Just as a way to increase the IC quality of tells.

And I have impresed upon guildmates that have been to victims of 'good' bad RP to just go along with it and not have everyone rush to the rescue from all corners of yliakum, takes time for messengers to get to their destinations. We go after the thief/murderer Later, so as to give time for the messengers to reach their destinations after the person is out of the Dr and has had time to send them.

All I am saying is at least we try.

Dreamcrafter

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 03:41:01 pm »
(Random.)  I do wonder if it would be realistic for a master of the Azure Way to send telepathic messages.  Since psychic attacks and telekinetic darts and the like are possible, it does seem plausible.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 05:22:40 pm »
They could have sent word via Groffel. For having tiny legs they manage to get a message through quickly :)

I find this whole Groffel thing completely unrealistic... I doubt that someone who was just killed could write a whole letter, attach it to a groffel, send it through the Death Realm to the living realm, right to his/her/kras guild mate, and said guild mate will gather up the whole friggen guild just to attack one person, and suddenly they all appear before the killer within 30 seconds after the murder... Ridiculous.

Even if someone was robbed, it's not like they're going to recognize the thief (most people like to hide their identity when doing things they shouldn't be doing). And I really doubt you can write a letter and send a groffel while you're being robbed.

GMs should be able to punish for behavior like that. It's dumb. Imagine if it were real life. It would be dumb if you were attacked in a dark, secluded alley, and suddenly the whole police force, and the army, and your family, and your relatives, and all your friends, and Chuck Norris (of course he could do this alone), and Jackie Chan, and Buddha, and kungfu!Jesus, and angry!Ghandi, and Pikachu, and Bigfoot, and Chupacabra, and Mario and Luigi, and Link and that dumb fairy, and Gandalf, and Indiana Jones, and Master Chief all came to save your insignificant, pathetic little arse. That's how ridiculous it is.

It should be obvious now that I hate people who do stuff like that.

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 06:13:27 pm »
vannaka applauds Raa's creative list of heroes
Censorship FTW.

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 06:17:35 pm »
message by groffel shouldn't be instantaneous and that IS NOT what i was saying at all. . Like an above poster said after they get out of the DR. I don't see anything wrong  with sending a groffel{tell] to a person. They are fast, but not that fast. RP wise gwinn sent out a groffel and it took two weeks to get to its intended target and return with a reply. In the same token once someone gets out of the DR if a guild mate is in the plaza it would not take long at all for them to get the message. If the /tells are reasonable I see nothing wrong with them and sending via Groffel makes more sense to me than talking in someones head. Key word : reasonable. If the groffel is sent to the guild hall and members of the guild where there all present would hear the message and respond. Again reasonable can't go sending the poor little groffel at warp speed through Hydlaa to everyone you know... poor little guy that would be abuse. I think that is a punishable offense... is't it???

There is good and Bad RP everywhere. RP is like Pizza. sometimes you get a bad slice that turns your stomach, but count on the fact tomorrow you will want pizza again. :)  Consider it all IC, if it gets personal use the ignore function and report them and then let it go. Games are suppose to be fun.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:29:07 pm by Gwinn Ravenn »

Joemama246

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 09:00:33 pm »
Ahh yes, I poor defensless merchant sitting in a dark ally that you try to rob just so happened to be holding that V poisen, forgot the name, and that is not godding at all.

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 09:04:51 pm »
Ahh yes, I poor defensless merchant sitting in a dark ally that you try to rob just so happened to be holding that V poisen, forgot the name, and that is not godding at all.

Velinshi?

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 09:13:43 pm »
I think for the most part I'm agreeing with Gwinn on this one. Yes it sucks when a good guys suddenly has his whole guild behind him, oh well. You can always run away. If they chase you then make sure you run far. If they circle you, threaten to kill the hostage or send some fire into the crowd to make them scatter before running off  ;D

What I'm trying to say is, your going to get into tough situations as a baddie all the time, sometimes situations that are even godmodish. The same happens to good guys dealing with baddies. People from both sides godmod. Instead of complaining be creative and think of a way to counter without godmodding.
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens