Author Topic: Elves Unite  (Read 2232 times)

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Elves Unite
« on: October 13, 2004, 03:58:13 pm »

Created to uphold the might and dignity of the Elven Races, the Calen Vakhar opens it\'s doors to the public once more!

Our Leader: Aendar Callenlasse
Our Allignment: Unalligned
Our Site: http://www.shadowfax.clanshosting.com

Goal:
The Calen Vakhar exists for one purpose.  That purpose is to preserve the ways of the Elves, protect our people and our land, and to provide a safe haven.

Important things to know about the Calen Vakhar:[/U]
 - We are an Elven guild and as such all members must be of the Dermorian, Nolthrir, or Ynwwn races.
 - We are an unalligned guild which means we accept members of any allignment.
 - Though, in the past, some may have stated that a race-based guild is racist, we prefer to differ.  We are not here to persecute other races, we are here simply to ensure that our races\' have a place to gather and unite under a common banner.

A Unique Guild.[/U]
The Calen Vakhar is a unique guild within the Planeshift Community.  We are the first and only Elven Guild.
We have a detailed ranking system (Currently With 22 different ranks, broken down into 9 categories!) And new ranks are on their way.  
A description of those ranks is located further down in this post.
Members of the Calen Vakhar have a voice.  Many of the things you see day to day about the Calen Vakhar stem directly from the members
themselves, Which means all members have the oppurtunity to make part of this guild their own.

Our History.[/U]
Well that depends on how you look at it.  The Calen Vakhar is, in essence, a rebirth of the Elven Order.  The Elven Order was started by the same
leader, Aendar Callenlasse over 2 years ago.  But the Calen Vakhar itself was started on February 6, 2004.

Ranks
Yes that\'s right 22 ranks.  The ranking system is as follows:

Cora (\"Leader\")- This is the leader of the guild, Aendar Callenlasse.

Kano (\"Commander\")- This is the leader of the fighters.  He serves directly under the Cora and holds equal power with the Val\'istar and Tura Kurwaer.

Val\'istar (\"Archmage\")- This is the leader of the magic users.  He serves directly under the Cora and holds equal power with the Kano and Tura Kurwaer.

Tura Kurwaer (\"Master\" \"Craftsmen\")- This is the leader of the civilian ranks.  He serves directly under the Cora and holds equal power with the Kano and Val\'istar.

Yeste\'Ohtar (\"First\" \"Warrior\")- Two Yeste\'Ohtars serve under the Kano.  They each command a half of the Calen Vakhar\'s army.

Nikerym (\"Captain\")- Three Nikeryms serve under each Yeste\'Ohtar.  One for each division of the three fighting forces (Belegkhila, Cuar, Dinafea).

Belegkhila (\"Strong\" \"Follower\")- The Belegkhilas are the warriors of the Calen Vakhar.  They are proficient in hand to hand combat.  The Belegkhilas are split into two groups, one for each division.

Cuar (\"Archer\")- The Cuars are the ranged combatants of the Calen Vakhar.  They are proficient with varied ranged weapons.  Be it the bow or even the sling.  They too are split into two divisions.

Dinafea (\"Silent\" \"Spirit\")- The Dinafea are the rangers, thieves, spies, or even assassins of the group.  Whatever their specific purpose is, all Dinafea have one thing in common: The ability to be undetected.

Istalindir (\"Spellsinger\")- The Istalindir are to the magic-users what the Yeste\'Ohtars are to the fighters.  Two of them serve directly under the Val\'istar.  One commands the Akh\'faerns, the other commands the Fallaners.

Akh\'faern (\"Mage\")- The Akh\'faern are the magic-users who excell in combat magic.  They primarily study offensive spells.

Fallaner (\"Healer\")- The Fallaners are the healers of the Calen Vakhar.  Their primary spells include status effect spells and healing spells.

Seere Yaa (\"Peace\" \"Former\")- The Seere Yaa are the diplomats.  It\'s their duty to keep in contact with other guilds and organizations, forge treaties and alliances, end disputes, etc.

Tano (\"Blacksmith\") - The Tano are those members that craft the guild\'s armor and weapons.

Amanalu Kurwaer (\"Blessed\" \"Water\" \"Crafter\")- The crafting of magical items and potions is the responsibility of the Amanalu Kurwaer.

Teare Khiasa (\"Rare\" \"Nomad\")- The Teare Khiasa knows where any item is, whether it be rare or common.  They know what monsters drop what, which stalls sell which items, and where the best deals are.

Kelvar Mahta (\"Animal\" \"Handle\")- Any animals that the guild keeps are left under the care of the Kelvar Mahta.  They capture, train, and care for all types of creatures.

Mirdain (\"Jewel Smith\")- The crafting of jewels is considered a precise and delicate talent.  This task is left to the Mirdain.

Parymo Kurwa (\"Scroll\" \"Craft\")- Everyone enjoys a good storyteller.  That\'s what the Parymp Kurwa is here for, the creation of stories, tales, songs, or even historical records.

Rana (\"Wander\")- Knowing the safest or fastest route to any location is a great advantage.  The Rana are here to provide the guild with that advantage.  They know the lay of the land and delight in showing newcomers around.

Lindor (\"Songbird\")- Many a night has been graced with the soothing melodies of the Lindors.  They use their songs and ballads to entertain others.

Ondo Namba (\"Stone\" \"Hammer\")- Without the Ondo Nambe the Mirdain and Tano would have no supplies to work with.  It is their job to navigate the mines of Yliakum and collect stone and crystals.

Perhaps a diagram would help:

Rules.[/U]
Our rules are few and simple:

No member of the Calen Vakhar may harm another member, nor bring about harm to another member. The penalty for doing so is expulsion from the guild.

No member of the Calen Vakhar may harm any member of any other guild unless given permission from the Cora or they make it known that the feud does not involve the guild in any way.

All members of the Calen Vakhar are to treat others both in the guild and outside of the guild with respect.

All members of the Calen Vakhar must obey their superiors at all times. Questioning their judgement is allowed but disobeying their commands will not be tolerated.

No member may invite an outsider into the guild without first contacting the Cora.

No member may discuss guild matters outside of the guild, no matter who it is to. If a member is caught doing this, then they will be expelled from the guild.

Sanye\'men (\"Place of Law\")[/U]
The Sanye\'men exists to keep order and give every person a fair trial.  The Sanye\'men is not, however, limited to the Calen Vakhar.  Those wishing to bring a case to the Sanye\'men are welcome to do so at any time.  Cases are brought before the Namor (Judges), which consist of the Cora, Kano, Val\'istar, Tura Kurwaer, and two randomly selected Seere Yaa.
Cases can be tried with representation if need be.

The Sanye\'men can also be used in other cases such as legally binding contracts, legal advice, marriage, and third party war trials.

Those of you who are interested in joining or would just like to keep in touch with the Calen Vakhar are welcome to register at the forums.

-Cora Aendar Callenlasse

-=considers stickying his own thread=-
>.>
<.<

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 02:30:50 am »
more info here than on the site, ttt. And it didn\'t pass my sanitycheck() yet. :P

Yes noncommoners, you are welcome to visit us. :D
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 04:01:09 am »
If I ever create a proper elf, I\'ll definitely try to join your guild. This is a very creative idea, and well thought out. Adeli is a dermorian, but she\'s no longer used... my current character Tyralus is an Enki.

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 12:31:07 pm »
Good luck to the Calen Vakhar. Definately one of the top guilds in Planeshift. I haven\'t seen a CV recruiting thread in a while, very informative Aendar.  ;)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 04:31:24 pm »
Good luck to the Calen Vakhar. Definately one of the top guilds in Planeshift. I haven\'t seen a CV recruiting thread in a while, very informative Aendar. ;)

Agreed. The best of luck to you, Lord Aendar.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 05:39:18 pm »
Nice work on the ranks.

I just took the best nap ever.

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 05:57:44 pm »
Either that was an insult or just another random comment from you Kiern.  Which was it? ^.o

Everyone else, thanks.  We were inactive for a little while there but we\'re once again back up and running fulltime.  

Ice:  Coming from TMG, that\'s quite a compliment. :)
Adeli:  Well if you ever do choose to join our doors are always open.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 06:02:51 pm »
No, just a comment...I\'m still \"not all here\" yet so didn\'t see that.  But I really did take the best nap ever, just not during my reading of your post. :D

Levski

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 07:53:38 pm »
Well, as always, best of luck to your guild and may fate bless you with continued success.
Ingame name:  Nuv Cerdyn  ~   Member of: The Blitzers Guild

RussianVodka

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 03:17:26 pm »
/me shuts Empanados eyes.

I just saved you ALOT of trouble by doing that ;).

Q: How many Planeshifters does it take to expalin a simple concept to a newb?
A: Six. Five to argue on who\'s explanation is right, and Moogie to lock the thread.

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 09:14:39 pm »
Mmmm silly elves :) So much strength yet no courage to set your sights on \"Evil\" and destroy it. One day that will all change...someday soon :P Good luck

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 03:14:28 am »
Things take longer to change, ylian. We of the elves have been around long enough to know that and to resist the changes. XD
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 06:36:11 am »
They should make the forums for 18+ years old people only... because I have no idea how someone mature could rate such thread that low... great stuff ;)
And it should be stickied just for having word \"elves\" in it... :P *nods and walks off*

- Swords
AKA Skald

Empanado

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 01:45:05 pm »
Originally posted by RussianVodka
/me shuts Empanados eyes.

I just saved you ALOT of trouble by doing that ;).

What, what is it? Lemme see!
I was cured, all right.
The Mercenary Guild

cirdan telemnar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004, 12:04:51 pm »
May i join? i love the elves and ill be a nolthrir(The fastest elf i think).
Im a nice and a fair player, and i will help out any members in need (except for money problems since i dont think ill have much of that :P)