Author Topic: .: THE COUNCIL :.  (Read 5542 times)

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
.: THE COUNCIL :.
« on: November 14, 2004, 01:57:26 pm »
.: THE COUNCIL :.    

As I said before, PlaneShift is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game that fully supports guilds and their actions towards others. Just think, with the evolution of the game, guilds will also evolve, others will come, in the end being hundreds. And what do you think a world with hundreds of guilds, which have their own goals, means? Simply said, chaos. A council, formed from a number of these guilds, can be formed to respond in front of all PlaneShift guilds.
Even so, this is not the goal of it. It is created to form a new civilized community, to maintain a fragile balance between its members, politically , economically  and not last, socially .
What this means? 1st of all, it?s the best choice of new guilds of the realm, that wants to grow quicker, that wants to have a stable economical situation.
Every action taken inside it, it will be based on a vote system.

Politically  

The Council has nothing to do  with alignments. Its members can be ?good aligned? guilds, as well as ?evil aligned? guilds. It will not  interfere in the wars between any guilds or alliances. Though, its members, when needed can cast a vote, and if it will succeed, they will be defended/helped in their actions with money or military support. Wars between two or more members that are in the Council are not its concern. They have to deal with it alone.
Also, it will not  interfere in the internal problems of its members.

Economically  

One of the most important aspect of it, it?s economically aspect. After all, most of the guilds will join for their own benefits. Every new member will be helped to achieve a relative stable economic situation. Trade routes will be created, between chosen places, with caravans that will be guarded among their journeys.

Socially  

The condition of all the members of every guild that is a member of the Council will be improved, having their own rights in the society. Slavery is forbidden. They will receive new houses and new incomes.

Though, all these have their price. It?s forbidden not to obey a law of the Council, which was voted by the majority. Doing so, an embargo on that guild will be created. More actions from one guild like this, will led to its departure from the Council. Also, a tax system will be created, and what will be gathered will be used to help new guilds of the Council.

The Council will be led by a guild, chosen through a vote system. The time it will stay at the leadership, will be discussed in the future. Also, a guild can be at the leadership only for 3 consecutive times. Though, after a period of time, it can be reelected if votes will be ?on its side?.

As Acraig said, \"it would be a nice idea to do this in the \'theme\' of the government of the game as explained\" here - http://www.planeshift.it/setting_government.html
If the idea will be disliked, they will be two separated things.

In the end what could I say more, everyone joins it because it has to benefit on all sides. And what the hell, it will sure be fun. Do you think is waste of time? Well, I will end with some quotes:

Originally posted by Merdarion
Sitting behind a computer, palying games is always waste of time (That\'s what it\'s for!), so what could make wasted time more wasted time

---

Originally posted by Kiern
Good point Merdarion!  If you\'re having fun while it lasts, does it really matter in the end if it amounts to nothing?  A council could be fun, even if you do not like the idea.  Then it gives you a chance to plan to take it down, in my opinion, setting things up and tearing them down are a lot more fun then any game could be.

Farewell my friends!

* EDIT *
 I preffered to add this after. Every  guild is welcome to join the Council, at least at the beginning. With only one condition: activity.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 02:10:02 pm by Annah »
- Black Order -

Isolis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 02:15:05 pm »
all i know is i want Dream to get involed with this idea ( i support annah =p)
/bonk

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 02:18:03 pm »
Good luck, then. IMO it\'s still silly to waste such a good idea at this point in time. Most of what you describe to be the Council\'s responsibilities (caravan guarding, etc) will not be implemented for years.

Time will tell just how many people are prepared to keep this Council active for so long with nothing to actually do in it.

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 02:21:38 pm »
Thanks princess.
 And as a response -> tell me, what actually do  guilds right now? ;)

* EDIT *
 This is not a waste of a good idea, because it will kinda last until then. We all need some devoted people working on it :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 02:24:36 pm by Annah »
- Black Order -

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 02:25:45 pm »
Originally posted by Moogie
Time will tell just how many people are prepared to keep this Council active for so long with nothing to actually do in it.

Um, Mogura, you do realize that\'s what we (as in the community) have been doing for a few years now.

Good luck Annah.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 02:26:08 pm by Kiern »

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 02:31:21 pm »
Thanks Kiern.
 And btw, this council is not  = Annah. It\'s ... ours, to all of us :)
 Also forgot to say something:
 Everyone post here your ideas, and if they are good and more will agree with them, they will be implemented.
 With these said, for the future! :) hehe
- Black Order -

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 02:32:32 pm »
Not really... guilds stick together because of friendship. Alot of guilds have their own roleplay forums. Some just run around crystal collecting. Sure, there are guilds that just don\'t do anything while they\'re waiting for CB (Followers of Aliathi is a prime example), but they become inactive, and people lose interest in them (again, FoA).

Apologies if I\'ve misunderstood somewhere, but I didn\'t read that the Council was to be formed for friendships, or to do any of the things that Guilds keep themselves occupied with at this time.

I\'m not bashing the idea, because I generally do think it\'s well thought out and could someday be a useful addition to the community. The only reason I\'m against it is because the idea will be wasted.

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 02:35:55 pm »
Don\'t be affraid, just remember I\'ll always take care of it. I promise it will never  fall down :P
- Black Order -

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 02:37:52 pm »
I see your point Mogura, although not to brag or anything like that...but I\'ve kept The BISM up since march 2002 and have never gone inactive (much, much longer then any guild of \"friends\" ), while not being formed by friendships but by business.  Sure, I\'m friends with the rest of the council now (even after many have come and gone), but when they came along I didn\'t know a thing about them.

All I\'m saying is it\'s possible as long as there is some person(s) willing to put up with all that comes along.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 02:43:29 pm by Kiern »

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 03:38:17 pm »
Point taken, Kiern. :) Let\'s hope this also survives the wait then.

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 03:41:16 pm »
I agree with Mogura that the idea is good but maybe used a little early in the process. We might both be wrong though :)

Anyway, you talked about taxes and that the money would go to new guilds of the council.
What compensation do the older guilds get for this?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 03:45:50 pm by TheRedMonk »

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 03:41:57 pm »
Is there a website up yet? or forums? People might be more willing to contribute Ideas there
Under construction

It is through suggestions and critisisms that we improve our ideas

Remember to

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2004, 03:47:20 pm »
I will not conform to some rules derived from the non-sense of a majority!
I can think for myself and I can trust myself to a certain extent, but to trust a statistical vote\'s sanity?!? INSANE.

While this may come handy sometimes, I refuse to be any part of it or it\'s lnterpolations. If I would belive people themselves could care to the Balance, I\'d retire to TC immediately, life\'s goal reached, but, of course, that\'s not the case and never will be. Humanoids -,-
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2004, 04:07:20 pm »
Originally posted by Annah
Don\'t be affraid, just remember I\'ll always take care of it. I promise it will never  fall down :P

I am going to write this down and the day you realize what a waste this really is, or the day it is destroyed or the day it just flops on its own..I will be sure to quote this. :)

Nothing is forever, no guild/orginization/alliance will last for eternity all good things come to end. This I hope burns to the ground quickly so we can ever forget such a union existed.

I predict it will be as useful as some of our RL councils, and if you ever do get to a point where it can stand on its two feet..won\'t take long for corruption to set in and then *grins* thats where I will come in..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 04:08:23 pm by DepthBlade »

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2004, 04:12:35 pm »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
  I predict it will be as useful as some of our RL councils, and if you ever do get to a point where it can stand on its two feet..won\'t take long for corruption to set in and then *grins* thats where I will come in..

ahh, so I corrupt it, which gives you an excuse to blow it up. :D Great plan.