Author Topic: .: THE COUNCIL :.  (Read 5543 times)

Shadowfax

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2004, 06:14:04 pm »
I think it is an ineresting idea, but I don\'t know if I think it is a good idea yet. The major problem I have with it is that ONE guild gets to be in control of all the rest of the guilds. I think that the council should be made of people from many if not all the guilds in it.
Aldarion "Shadowfax" Celeblasse, Dinafea - The Calen Vakhar   Cynwrig

Hatchnet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2004, 06:36:33 pm »
Sorry Annah no more help from me Myrtl\'s official stance is now one of opposition see you on the battlefield

Isolis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2004, 10:55:23 pm »
Hatchnet ill see u there 2 =p, Wow even in PS u still cant get away from the UN.  Well every Clan(guild) does have there choice but the smart choice is to join. Like ive said to annah \" you have my support\" Lava where are u? lol
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 10:55:55 pm by Isolis »
/bonk

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2004, 11:10:39 pm »
mmm Getting battle ready so soon, when we haven\'t even seen the council do anything wrong yet?..meh!

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2004, 04:19:06 am »
Yes, role play is based on real life -  meaning that we should follow real life as a reference and not as a set of laws to be strictly followed -_-. It\'s not mimicking it\'s more like writing the history anew with different variables ^^.
How can there be any Hittlers, Husseins, etc if it\'s a different world with different laws and different ways of living? There might be people inspired or similar to some Real Life characters but they should never be compared to them, because it\'s dumb to compare fake to real.

I don\'t know, but defying a Council of guilds might not be the smartest thing to be done ^^. Not alone at least, and since the Mercenaries are in (I think so) you might have some extra trouble :D.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:19:59 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2004, 01:32:25 pm »
We are in it for now, we\'ll see how it works and if it brings us any profit.  :P

Hatchnet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2004, 06:35:33 pm »
Originally posted by Sangwa
Yes, role play is based on real life -  meaning that we should follow real life as a reference and not as a set of laws to be strictly followed -_-. It\'s not mimicking it\'s more like writing the history anew with different variables ^^.
How can there be any Hittlers, Husseins, etc if it\'s a different world with different laws and different ways of living? There might be people inspired or similar to some Real Life characters but they should never be compared to them, because it\'s dumb to compare fake to real.

I don\'t know, but defying a Council of guilds might not be the smartest thing to be done ^^. Not alone at least, and since the Mercenaries are in (I think so) you might have some extra trouble :D.

First of all what do you think role play is?

Seconed are you not such a character that is based on either the terrorist or tyranical persona type. Furthermore the players who do use these personalty types will use many of the same tactics and stratagems as the reallife personas.

Third we are not defying them we are opposing them. And when the time for action comes I seriously doubt we will stand alone; esspescialy with the large number of evil guilds Annah is courting.

OOC: Aren\'t you being a bit out of character for a evil mainiac by supporting this? Also I would like to ask you a favor concerning the character history of my alter ego.

Edit I just realized Websters dictionary does not have an actual definnition of the word mimic just refering you to the definition of copy which is contrary to the descriptions of the remainder of the mimic word groop.

In essense to mimic is to moc or recreate imperfictly the same as what you described as being what rp is.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 09:19:38 pm by Hatchnet »

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2004, 05:46:29 am »
\'eh :)
 Hatchnet, well I wouldn\'t count on so many evil guilds as you said. Do some background checking 1st about me :P
 And I think Sangwa is supporting the idea from friendship, you know, that thing that is beyond a guild :)
 Also, great to see there\'s already opposition. Like you said, this  is roleplaying. ;)
 When something appears, there will be always people who support it, and also, people who will oppose it. That\'s the way it goes. Don\'t worry, it will sure be fun ^^
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 05:48:53 am by Annah »
- Black Order -

fken

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2004, 07:45:41 am »
Ok, I tried to read all of your posts (with my bad english and some words or expressions not in the dictionnary...) and I saw a lot of problems shown by you all. Finally I\'m enough in the mind of Hatchnet and redmonk in general...

But personaly I even think there is a problem in the Annah\'s proposition : I think economical and political matter must be separated. And moreover I can\'t see why the councils member guild must pay to decide the future of Yliakum...

And then why looking for a so big project ! Why won\'t we first create this concil to keep the contact between guilds ? Then why can\'t we create an economical independant department ?

I really dislike the idea of be forced to come in Yliakum to pay my bill !!! I like my freedom and so... but that wont mean I wouldn\'t give some money to help newbees or new guilds... But that must be my choice ! With my neutral position I don\'t want to force my members to pay any bill and so even if I like this idea I won\'t accept to be  part of this council... sorry

I think there will be a lot of guilds that would do the same choice as ashes\' choice or mine so I hope you\'ll change your way to see that cause its a good idea in background.

Please tell me what will be the future of the council. And good luck Annah

Lardhoc Aewheros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2004, 08:34:06 am »
Wouldn\'t good guilds, according to their principles, absolutely refuse to cooperate with evil guilds and vice versa? And wouldn\'t evil guilds become hostile towards any neutral guilds that cooperate with good guilds?

What I am trying to say is that enemy guilds(at least those good versus evil) will never work together just for the sake of profit. By doing so they would betray their own ideals.

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2004, 09:12:49 am »
But personaly I even think there is a problem in the Annah\'s proposition : I think economical and political matter must be separated. And moreover I can\'t see why the councils member guild must pay to decide the future of Yliakum...

Economical and political matters are  two separated things. Sorry, if I wasn\'t very clear in the post.
 And about the payment, don\'t know, maybe you\'re right. I think it\'s a good idea not to be a requirment. Though, some funds must be raised somehow, if you\'ll find the right way besides this, you\'re welcome to post it here :tup:

And then why looking for a so big project ! Why won\'t we first create this concil to keep the contact between guilds ? Then why can\'t we create an economical independant department ?

Err, I think that\'s what is doing atm. I don\'t really think the game is playable, and it has features implemented through we can do what it was said. ;)

Thanks for your post fken, and as I said it a million times until now, that\'s why this post exists here , to discuss how it will be the best. I didn\'t make a couple of ideas and then just \"sell\" it to you. We are here to talk ...
 So, every idea is welcome.

Wouldn\'t good guilds, according to their principles, absolutely refuse to cooperate with evil guilds and vice versa? And wouldn\'t evil guilds become hostile towards any neutral guilds that cooperate with good guilds?

err, I could be evil and answer you with simple questions, like \"why do we exist\" and stuffs like these. But, I am not :P
 The Council is beyond the alignments, I said that clear. Why can\'t you see it this way? It\'s not hard you know. After all, good, evil ... just simple words. They\'re relative. They\'re just using different ways to reach the same goal. ;)
 Of course, I won\'t see in the Council members like guilds that burns everything they encounter. Anyway, we\'ll talk some other time on IRC about this subject, I can speak for days :D

Anyway, thx again for the replies. In the end, I hope we\'ll reach to some reasonable laws & things like these.
- Black Order -

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2004, 11:09:20 am »
Third we are not defying them we are opposing them. And when the time for action comes I seriously doubt we will stand alone; esspescialy with the large number of evil guilds Annah is courting.

More likely I\'ll attack you while you\'re busy taking that action ;)

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2004, 09:10:13 pm »
Or dig yourself a hole and hide so that your meatshields can do all the fighting....either one eh Xor :D
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2004, 07:03:15 am »
Originally posted by Waylander
Or dig yourself a hole and hide so that your meatshields can do all the fighting....either one eh Xor :D

I\'ll = I\'ll order the others to :)

Hatchnet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2004, 02:22:42 pm »
Originally posted by Xordan
Originally posted by Waylander

I\'ll = I\'ll order the others to :)

Why not fight me yourself you coward?