Author Topic: Knowledge Seekers Guild  (Read 23555 times)

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2004, 05:25:53 pm »
*Tybalt enters the room with some love :D

Good iniative Lordbug and it looks promising. Only thing that bothers me is that you don\'t seem to be very careful in your recruiting. Please correct me if I\'m wrong.

2. be familiar with the game and know about almost or everything about it

How do you find out if people really know as much as you would like them to? Is there a preparatory stage where you check out new recruits and throw them out if they prove unworthy or how  do you do it? Cause I noticed you recruited several members in only a day, which is quite fast, and also I didn\'t recognize any of the names of your members, (except for yours) not that I know every non-newb but I know a few. ;)

fken

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2004, 05:50:45 pm »
Originally posted by Randalp
Nice flamming guys.

Btw fken i made you an allied clan member on the forums so now you\'ll be able to view more topics :)

thanks but there is no alliance between us (don\'t forget we are neutral. So we love our independency... for now)

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2004, 03:06:36 am »
I have my motives. But don\'t get off topic.

I think the rule

should be a differed.

maybe you should have a pre-initiation part where you learn more indepth information, which is often overseen.  

a good role can just be as pathetic as a bad one, but, ..

I quite like the idea of a teaching guild, can make the learn phase shorter and the play phase longer. A FAQ is a good thing, but sometmes it just doesn\'t fit everywhwere.
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2004, 04:23:32 am »
Ty Annah for explaining that to me. (replace everything with the word noobs for newbs)

In MB we are more like a FAQ, but in CB (and the next versions) we\'ll be a FAQ team too, but our purpose is teaching skills, train animals, research stuff and maybe pruduce them.

I noticed you recruited several members in only a day, which is quite fast, and also I didn\'t recognize any of the names of your members, (except for yours) not that I know every non-newb but I know a few.

I know every member I got in the guild and I know some of them in RL too. They log on quite frequentely.

As for the recruit, it isn\'t exigent(?), \'coz we aren\'t a FAQ team, but that\'s what we do for now :P, \'coz in CB we are going to teach skills (I think I\'m repeating myself).
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

Levski

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2004, 11:39:53 pm »
Very interesting idea for a guild :).  Good luck.
Ingame name:  Nuv Cerdyn  ~   Member of: The Blitzers Guild

Bhasmithal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2004, 04:44:22 am »
Yes, that\'s right  :]

I like the idea of helping other players.

A very interesting guild. Good luck! :)

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2004, 09:44:05 am »
Originally posted by Lordbug
There are very few teaching guild in PS.
If you want to join talk to me and I\'ll be glad to invite you :)
Now we got 26 :P

The requirements to join are:
1. not be a noob
3. can\'t remember more

In extreme cases we invite noobs, \'coz they seem to have potential to be a great teacher

This scares me. Shouldn\'t \"teachers\" have at least passable grammar? I can\'t condone you, I\'m sorry. A teacher must be worthy, if you give proof of your worth, then perhaps I\'ll reconsider my stance, but in the meantime, you\'ve got several things going against you.

Originally posted by Dpethblade righttttttttttttttttt

Sorry Depth, but it stuck out to me that the correct way to spell that to get the effect you\'re looking for isn\'t \"rightttttttttttttt\", but \"riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight\".

OOC: Lordbug this is a good idea, and good luck with your guild.

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2004, 01:17:21 pm »
Yes, the RL teachers. To teach skills spelling and grammar won\'t be needed.

Bjorn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2004, 02:15:38 pm »
Originally posted by Phineas
Sorry Depth, but it stuck out to me that the correct way to spell that to get the effect you\'re looking for isn\'t \"rightttttttttttttt\", but \"riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight\".

I don\'t like this. Please do not correct simple mistakes like this, for it is not helping them improve their grammar; it is exposing their mistake to the public.
If you see someone going around talking about their \'+1 silk underpants\', you would take it as a joke at first and later wonder about their mental status
- ZpTyZ

Bjorn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2004, 02:16:14 pm »
Originally posted by Bjorn
Originally posted by Phineas

I don\'t like this. Please do not correct simple mistakes like this, for it is not helping them improve their grammar; it is exposing their mistake to the public.

Oops, accident. Please delete this post.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 02:17:07 pm by Bjorn »
If you see someone going around talking about their \'+1 silk underpants\', you would take it as a joke at first and later wonder about their mental status
- ZpTyZ

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2004, 04:52:51 pm »

i\'d pay someone a few tria to teach the noobs proper grammer

...edit:w00t i\'m a king now!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 04:53:33 pm by druke »

my how times have changed.....

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2004, 05:09:34 pm »
lol, gratz :)

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2004, 04:04:13 am »

Ah, so this is going to be for peasants, eh? I mean, no nobleman is gonna wanna learn alchemy from someone who speaks like, \"An\' den ve poot dees big yellow leaf een da vater.\" And if you ever think about trying and teach magic, save me some time and set yourself on fire.

@Bjorn: Firstly, it was only a minor part of my post. Secondly, Depth is a friend of mine, and doesn\'t mind me picking on him once in a while. (do you, Depth. ;))

@Druke: Oh yeah, I\'ll give up all my wealth present, past, and future, if it\'d make n00bs use proper grammar and spellin.

Levski

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2004, 06:38:09 pm »
Sorry Phinehas... couldn\'t resist!

Originally posted by Phinehas
Ah, so this is going to be for peasants, eh? I mean, no nobleman is gonna wanna learn alchemy from someone who speaks like, \"An\' den ve poot dees big yellow leaf een da vater.\" And if you ever think about trying and teach magic, save me some time and set yourself on fire.

@Bjorn: Firstly, it was only a minor part of my post. Secondly, Depth is a friend of mine, and doesn\'t mind me picking on him once in a while. (do you, Depth. ;))

@Druke: Oh yeah, I\'ll give up all my wealth present, past, and future, if it\'d make n00bs use proper grammar and spellin.

:P
Ingame name:  Nuv Cerdyn  ~   Member of: The Blitzers Guild

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2004, 01:51:22 pm »
The \"gonna\" was on purpose. And one spelling mistake per post is... tolerable.