Author Topic: New Guild [Bored Alcoholics]  (Read 1841 times)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 07:45:47 pm »
I think this guild would be a great idea, but like I said, he is not roleplaying. PS is great because of its potential to roleplay- not because people can bring their real-life issues in here and make it a part of the game like this whole RP world Talad created doesn\'t matter one bit.

Sure, you\'re a thieves guild. You roleplay thieves. It is your chosen ingame profession (or whatever).

People roleplay annoying idiots in the Cabal. They are the evil mischievous troublemakers, hell-bent on their own profit and power.

I would absolutely love and welcome a guild of drunks who roleplay travelling from tavern to tavern having barfights, chatting up the barmistresses, telling tales over jugs of ale and then going out for a drunk night of monster-bashing.

But again. From what I\'ve seen here, he isn\'t roleplaying. If he is, I would love him to come here and tell me I\'m wrong- I would be thrilled. :)

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 08:39:25 pm »
This has got to joke. I think where going to be seeing some more sad excuses for guilds soon though.
Lol Internet

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 09:08:31 pm »
Its not a sad excuse, whos to say this can\'t be a guild certainly not the man who once made \"Metal Militia\" purely based on a metallica or whatever it was >.> Let them do what they want as long as it doesnt get to far out of hand.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 09:09:52 pm by DepthBlade »

Dugatoar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 09:26:24 pm »
We probabily will be seeing more and more sad excuses for guilds.  Its a side effect of the game becoming more and more popular.  Its sort of a catch 22.  Still, sad excuses for guilds will likely be poorly organized, with no real direction and no real loyal followers.  People like to have a purpose.  So having bad guilds start up is not a big deal, because those guilds will not last long, and after its all disbanded, those people will be looking for another guild to bounce to, if they are even still playing.  So it doesn\'t really hurt the other guilds in the game enough to complain about it.
- Good software is like sex. Its better when its free.

- - Linus Torvalds - creater of linux

adebisi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 03:25:25 am »
Originally posted by adebisi
-----New guild by a new player-----

To alcholised to understand need more experienced semisober people to tutor us less fortunate.

But heck anyone who feels like joining what will be the most laidback guild in the game just drop a line or two and join the everlasting Bored Alcoholics

I rather see people with sum experience in the arts of doin nothin, acting like a fool or who is just plain crazy

Are you people for real, cmon how serious did it sound? its just goofin i aint glamorizin any everyday drunk here nor trying to get young people to start drinkin at an early age. The guild was an result of an boring day at work.  I understand that it was  an bad idea but still it wasnt the end o the world
Dead  founder Bored Alcoholics

A drink for all my friends (barfly) 1987

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 05:33:15 am »
I understand that it was an bad idea

Very good.
- Black Order -

seperot

• Veteran
  • :G
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 05:41:53 am »
nono what we are saying is it wouldent be a bad idea if you made it more roleplaying. actually i think alot of us would be pleased with such an idea :)

adebisi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 07:29:01 am »
Aight i will see what i can do when i am a bit more experienced  one need to learn the game before trying anythin like that

perhaps with a more suitable name

Brewers Guild

There are cooking,  perheps brewing  could be implemented and my guild can have a tavern of some kind..
Dead  founder Bored Alcoholics

A drink for all my friends (barfly) 1987

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2005, 05:21:01 pm »
Yep.  Play a little while and learn.  Eventually you will get a feel for the people and game.  That way you can mold your ideas into something that can be enjoyable and successful.  Our guilds ideas have changed as we became more expirenced.  Good luck.

Randalp

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2005, 07:00:50 pm »
lol this should turn out to be very intresting

Wiseman in the Knowledge Seekers Guild Let the wisdom fill the world

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2005, 07:35:27 pm »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
Its not a sad excuse, whos to say this can\'t be a guild certainly not the man who once made \"Metal Militia\" purely based on a metallica or whatever it was >.> Let them do what they want as long as it doesnt get to far out of hand.

What? Who did that?  ;)
Well I guess if anyone ever desides to join this guild isn\'t worth my time anyways.
Lol Internet