Author Topic: [Guild] The Royal House of Purrty  (Read 31870 times)

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
Re: [Guild] The Royal House of Purrty
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 02:46:58 pm »
Lolitra's concern would be 'what would he do if he did..?'

80% of charm could spell out harm.
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Nurahk

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 10:53:29 pm »
* lanser shoots Nurahk

The wannabe Emperor who would be King ;)

I don't want to be Emperor, trust me, I imagine it's quite the annoying job :P

Lolitra's concern would be 'what would he do if he did..?'

80% of charm could spell out harm.

Oh, but where is the fun in life if not in risk? :P

lordraleigh

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 12:42:24 am »
There is a big question I have, and that I wonder why nobody ever raised. Some time ago I started an organization idea on a Republic, but it couldn't fit with the Settings and that was clearly stated by the criticisms, as Yliakum has only one octarchic government and is isolated from what lies beyond it. I did some adaptations to the original idea to make it more believable then.

Thus, where does a monarchy of Enkidukais fit in a land ruled by Octarchs and without any contact with other lands?

http://www.planeshift.it/government.html

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 09:59:31 am »
Not everything is owned by the Government. There are wild lands, and lots of stuff beyond the labyrinths where kingdoms could be settled. I'm speaking about logic thought though: considering that if there is space + people that follow + someone that call itself queen/king then you have a kingdom.
PS devs might have different ideas.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 10:01:08 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 05:38:56 pm »
* LigH points to the "Yliakum proverbs" thread.

Printh is where a Purrty lives.

;) -- Play with us! :D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 07:02:20 am »
There is a big question I have, and that I wonder why nobody ever raised. Some time ago I started an organization idea on a Republic, but it couldn't fit with the Settings and that was clearly stated by the criticisms, as Yliakum has only one octarchic government and is isolated from what lies beyond it. I did some adaptations to the original idea to make it more believable then.

Thus, where does a monarchy of Enkidukais fit in a land ruled by Octarchs and without any contact with other lands?

http://www.planeshift.it/government.html

This is one thing that was taken into account when creating this House or Guild, if you read the first post you will see that the lands of PRINTH are not part of the same stalagtight, but a neighbouring one not as large.

And as LigH said I say DITTO.

:P
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.

lordraleigh

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 11:30:16 pm »
the lands of PRINTH are not part of the same stalagtight, but a neighbouring one not as large.

I don't need to answer on what was already answered regarding whether other "stalactites" or lands beyond Yliakum have any contact with it and are known by the inhabitants of Yliakum in any form beyond legends or not.

Yliakum is the entire cave with all of the different levels. As far as knowledge goes, there are no other worlds for the people living inside.

Of course, if the Octarchs rule the lands in a more or less feudal fashion(with several principalities and semi-autonomous "kingdoms"), it could be a possibility. Otherwise it would be a proto-Kingdom.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 08:44:38 am »
Right. Only people wouldn't call it proto.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Nurahk

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 10:40:59 am »
The Bronze Doors, located along the perimeter of the first level, access the Stone Labyrinths, a complex of both natural and artificial caves as ancient as the town itself. It is sure that some of them lead to places similar to Yliakum and even to the surface

I miss the days when this was required reading. ;)

There's nothing wrong with Printh being a different stalactite.
Just that Purrty would have to have some knowledge of the Stone Labyrinths (That no official people do) and some pretty powerful guards.

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 04:03:47 am »
I can assure all, that the settings and history of PRINTH are not at loggerheads with that of PlaneShift.   Yes, I role play Lolitra as one who knows a 'safe' passage through the labyrinths...  It also helps to explain away my sometimes long absences from Hydlaa.  To try and pick faults in this is rather sad... just because one is having difficulty in fitting ones own story into the planeshift setting.

The whole story of Lolitra and her sister, and the setting of Printh was only created after considerable playing, and reading within the realms of PlaneShift - and yes, the settings page was essential reading for this.

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 01:22:44 am »
My wife would like me to send out her apologies for not being able to play with her usual crowd of great RPers.  She is currently in Hospital.  She wishes that they allowed computers in the hospital, but alas they do not.  We do not know when she will be allowed home.

Her character Lolitra, Queen of Printh, has therefore taken some time to go back to her homelands Printh, leaving her trusted Duchess, Shauri Zann and her Royal Advisor of the Guard, Guardor Marshal Zinnius Zann, along with her Ambassador, Lord Gag Harmond to attend to all matters of state pertaining to Yliakum.

Best wishes to all her other Friends - you know who you are - Sorry I don't.

Her husband.
HoodedOracle.

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 02:23:53 am »
Tell her Nurahk sends his best wishes :)

Get back soon ;)
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 05:46:10 am »
Best of luck, today wouldn't be soon enough for her to get well.

Hope she isn't worrying, the team she left in charge is more than capable.

Join the Dark Empire!

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 06:04:28 am »
Awww.... I hope she gets better soon. Tell her teh Master Ranger said hi :D

Leama

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 12:44:51 pm »
HoodedOracle,

It seems to me not that long ago Lady Lolitra told me she was feeling better. I am sorry to hear she is in the hospital. Please let us know how she is doing. I will miss her greatly until she returns. I wish you the best also. It cannot be easy for you either. My prayers are with both of you.

Leama
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards.