Author Topic: SCoY , the Sworn Council of Yliakum  (Read 5190 times)

Phinehas

Re: SCoY , the Sworn Council of Yliakum
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 04:58:46 pm »
I can't be bothered to read thirteen pages of discussion about a topic I don't really care that much about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the general belief of the antagonists would have been that it essentially has no point?

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 05:08:08 pm »
I can't be bothered to read thirteen pages of discussion about a topic I don't really care that much about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the general belief of the antagonists would have been that it essentially has no point?

In my opinion yes, the thing that stood out was there stubborn refusal to even consider changing name, and anyone how voiced against them were instantly accused of being rude or similar.

illori former guild master, i think it is very relevant all comment from that old thread as nothing has changed in your info.
Glad to help.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 05:10:52 pm »
I think it's very unfair to say SCoY members were quick to jump to accusations or rude behavior. They simply lost their patient smiles after several pages of constantly defending themselves.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Phinehas

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 05:15:56 pm »
But you have to admit that perhaps if that many people see something seriously wrong with your organisation, there just might be a grain of truth behind what they have to say?

What has SCoY done? Other than having a nice member list or site or something, what have they really achieved for the member guilds?

Easton

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 05:16:40 pm »
Phinehas:(apologies) I agree with you, a long thread may be a pain to read. And i personally learned alot from that thread. I would find it generally a waste of time to read, as it was a large waste of time, and ended up being locked anyways.

Back on topic: You asked previously, what exactly do we do?

Just to add to Ralleyon's answer: We are still a young organization and we are still finding our place in Yliakum. The main point behind the SCoY is to share knowledge between the guilds who wish to join the SCoY. If we can create a group that is generally on the same page in regards to various issues throughout Yliakum, we feel it will better serve the community as a whole, or at least the guilds within the council. We also hope to create trade agreements within the council, and possibly run a few events that will not only create a good RP atmosphere, but help guilds and people who may not be in the council. Currently, we are working on internal matters that have to do with the way we, as a council, will deal with internal conflicts should they ever arise. Our next major topic will working on some sort of trade agreement(s). Really, its just an interesting group to be a part of. It may not be a huge, life-changing group, but we enjoy our work, and will not interfere with those who wish to have nothing to do with us.

I hope that further answers your question. Thanks for the inquiry.

Easton
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 05:23:39 pm by Easton »
"Thats pretending, not RPing"
-Hadfael

Phinehas

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 05:22:51 pm »
You mispelt my name. That can be fatal.

As for your organisation. Frankly, I don't think its existence is justified. That's what it all boils down to. When you look at it objectively, the tiny amount of actual practical help you'll be supplying doesn't balance out the amount of work you have to put into it. You can really do essentially nothing, as far as I can tell.

I mean no offense by this, since I don't really care one way or another. I'm just putting in an objective point of view.

Easton

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 05:26:33 pm »
Objective point of views are the best. We appreciate the input.

But you don't mind if we keep doing what we like, right?

We won't be interfering with you or anyone who doesn't wish it. So i suppose its no harm to you, or anyone else.

Easton
-Hadfael

Phinehas

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 05:31:59 pm »
Nope, I couldn't care less. I'm just pointing out that it's fairly pointless.

Just to note, IC Phinehas will despise you and anything related to you simply for the utter stupidity of your organisation. He's like that, which is why nobody likes him.

Easton

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 05:33:00 pm »
Then we agree to disagree.

Yay!  :P

Easton
-Hadfael

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 05:37:03 pm »
I think it's very unfair to say SCoY members were quick to jump to accusations or rude behavior. They simply lost their patient smiles after several pages of constantly defending themselves.

After only 3 posts Pip got this from Easton. Well, i have reason to believe that list may be a bit outdated. Milady, i feel you are being a slight bit rude, if you wouldn\'t mind using different words maybe.. Anyways, our member guilds are:

Want me to give more examples ? or have I  made my point.
Glad to help.

Phinehas

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 05:41:10 pm »
Allow me to warn you, however, that if Phinehas ever comes across SCoY in-game or in RP, he will not hesitate to pour out a scalding critique of the foolishness of your undertaking.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 05:41:56 pm »
Janner: You haven't, but I don't wish for this thread to become the same mindless back-and-forth exchange that happened in the last due to your "criticism". Calling someone "a slight bit rude" in the curteous way Easton did cannot be seen as "instantly accused of being rude or similar." Don't exaggerate.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 05:48:38 pm »
 I got over my point very well in the mindless back and forth as you put it, he is and was no good at diplomacy, even he sow that in the end.
Glad to help.

Phinehas

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 06:00:11 pm »
My last post in this thread, unless something drastic happens:

Janner, I think Karyuu's right, and you have to be careful about getting caught up in your own point of view, even if you're right, you should still remain objective.

Easton: Although I do agree to disagree, I still suggest you seriously think about what I've said. Not just in the "Yeah, he thinks it's nonsense" way, but seriously consider what I've said about it being pointless. I strongly advise you to consider either adapting your concept of the goals and role of SCoY, or perhaps even considering dumping it altogether. Ask Karyuu, I don't know whether or not she agrees with me, but she is objective enough to admit that rarely is anything I say not premeditated. I usually have a point, and it's usually worth seriously considering.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 06:06:46 pm »
Quote from: Janner
Similar to my thoughts. But was ignored 6 moths ago when this was first brought out into the open.

You were not ignored and that thread six months ago proves it. You made your points there and *points down*

Quote from: Janner
Read through your propaganda same as before nothing has changed in 6 months, so my opinion has not changed.
Signed Janner.
OHH by the way my name is not Janner.

you acknowledge that you have already made your points. PLease don't start in on this thread too. We know you don't agree. That isn't going to stop us. Take an example from Easton and Phinehas. They argree to disagree. Then there will be no useless fighting.

@everyone: Give sCoY a chance before bashing it and knocking the members down. None of you have even seen it in action and can only make assumtions as to how it will play out in game (I disclude the Octach roleplay as sCoY was not ready, so please don't go off about that). If it does work out then it is only good for the players of the game who wish to join it. If you don't agree or don't want to participate then Easton has already said it will not interfere with you. So there really is nothing to complain about. If you have critisim about it then post it and we will consider it. If it is helpful, then it will help us better sCoY.

Quote from: Phinehas
Allow me to warn you, however, that if Phinehas ever comes across SCoY in-game or in RP, he will not hesitate to pour out a scalding critique of the foolishness of your undertaking.

:) That is fine if it is in character and stays that way. With our last attempts with sCoY, many lost sight of that and mixed the two. But also know when it is too much. If you are doing this to the point that it isn't fun for anyone in character but you, then please take a break from the scalding critique as you put it. We are here to have fun.

Also, I don't think it is a waste of time. Trading is a very good idea, and who knows what else sCoY might create. Events are badly needed and if these people of sCoY can create them then I do not see that as a waste of time. It will help the roleplay in planeshift which I can't see as a bad thing. 

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 06:24:59 pm by zorbels »
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!