Author Topic: SCoY , the Sworn Council of Yliakum  (Read 5192 times)

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SCoY , the Sworn Council of Yliakum
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 06:18:38 pm »
 OK give say another six months ? :whistling:
Glad to help.

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 06:19:06 pm »
Many plots take place between a player and their RP buddies. These are mainly player-player relationships and often times, the characters involved are often from different guilds. I have heard comments like "I wish my guild could get more involved in this" many times in these player-player plots, so establishing IG Guild-Guild relationships would make that possible AND that means more people having fun. Anyone against that?

IC, it is only natural that guilds would be in contact with each other, either in support against a common foe or threat or to help each other grow and reach their objectives.

Finally, sharing knowledge between guilds (objectives, history, organization, etc.) can help come up with improvements for them all, and I don't mean molding them to a pattern but taking good ideas into account. I don't see this as senseless or a waste of time.
:: The Flaming Feather :: Lady of the Rangers ::

Phinehas

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 06:28:33 pm »
Argh! Can't help it. What I'm saying here isn't that your ideas are bad ideas, I'm saying they're unrealistic. What you want to do, and what will realistically happen don't match. Again, what have you already practically done?

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 06:39:41 pm »
Quote from: Janner
OK give say another six months ? :whistling:

Janner please I am asking you nicely to not start this all up again. As I said in my last post. We heard you and we have read your text concerning sCoY, you were not ignored. Don't start the fights again, we really don't need them.

Phinehas, sCoY is just in it's baby stages, as Easton, I and others have mentioned. So we cannot claimed to have done anything yet. They are only now announcing it. Give it some time to develop please. You cannot make something this big over night, but I assure you there are alot of players working on this and have put alot of time and effort into it especially Easton. There are also many that support it. We have already named the benifits that sCoY could hold thust far and they are not unrealistic in my eyes. If you don't agree that they are beneficial then we understand that and will accept your opinion. Doesn't mean we won't try sCoY to see how well it will work.  :)
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 07:43:26 pm »
I am actually for what youre trying to do here.. But its going to be tough. Use the constructive criticism that you get to make what you have better. Come up with concrete goals.. if your goals are good and not extremely broad you will have an easier time convincing people that they should join. I tried to do the same thing some time ago. It was semi successful and it was a lot of work. Your always going to have people who dont want these massive alliances for whatever reason.. you just have to keep making it better, add in some goals and come up with a true purpose that people can relate too.

Good luck

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 07:58:17 pm »
 I said another 6 month, take a year if you wont i don't care, if indeed you did take note of my concerns, WHY has nothing changed. OR others concerns. and lets not pretend this is in it's "sCoY is just in it's baby stages "before the last thread you were going for a few months.

Frankly thats it, have a good try and good luck.
Glad to help.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 07:59:36 pm »
Dunno what all the replies say, I'm lazy. But just throwing this out, if I ever start Mitaki again, would I be invited here? I know I was recommended to join it a long time ago, but I ended my early Mitaki stories a while ago and just stopped playing with him. But I still don't feel like going ingame, I'm just wondering.

Easton

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 08:02:12 pm »
We have yet to work out a specific plan for getting individuals to be members of the SCoY. But we have several ideas in the works. One being a sort of SCoY Affiliate Group. But anything else i can't say because we haven't worked it out yet. But that is one of the upcoming projects of ours. Should be taking it on in about a month or so.. But yes.. all guilds are invited, and eventually, we would like to invite all people, guildless or not, but we simply haven't made that much progress yet.

Easton
"Thats pretending, not RPing"
-Hadfael

Araye

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Enlightened
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2006, 03:03:38 pm »
Everyone is welcome in the SCoY.  Here is a post I made that describes how the SCoY works for my guild (this post was made to clarify some confusion about the SCoY being an alliance):

"It's not really an alliance.  We are not all allied, nor do we have to be allies or even friends.  We are a group of guilds that have agreed, for the sake of Peace in Yliakum, to air our problems with each other (should there be any) to a board of peers.  We have also agreed to abide by the decision of the board, whatever that outcome may be.  So our relationship is really the idea that peace is a good thing and that the best way to achieve peace is through a discussion of issues with peer guilds to come to acceptable resolutions.  So the member guilds could be mortal enemies, but have decided to resolve the problems through consensus."

We are friendly with some of the members in SCoY, we are aquaintances with the rest.  At one time, someone wanted the Dark Empire to join.  I was completely for it, because it meant that through negotiation, not warfare, we could resolve our differences.  Could we resolve an issue without the need for war and without the SCoY?  Sure, but the commitment to the council adds another layer in between flying off the handle and doing something rash and continuing to work it out verbally.  It is another way to come to a compromise. 

I might also add that it also creates the opportunity for role play that can't happen otherwise.  Like an "evil" guild corrupting and controlling the council.  Using the "good" guilds as pawns in their plans.  I'm not going to say anymore because I don't want to plant seeds.

About unguilded players:  I have also submitted an idea that would allow the unguilded a voice.  But, like Easton said, we haven't crossed that bridge yet.  Maybe the lack of the unguilded voice has caused you some angst?  Perhaps one could post a suggestion on how the unguilded could be heard?

And many of us chase unobtainable dreams.  Does that mean we should not try to do the best we can in obtaining those ideals?  Just throw up our hands and say, "game over man", sniff...

In pursuing those dreams we learn.  We then modify what isn't working and keep what is.  In the end it may not be the same as what was originally dreamed, it may even be better, but we have learned and hopefully made Yliakum a better place in the process.

Easton

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2006, 12:17:05 am »
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Not in a million years. But something i wish to add..

While we do aim for peace and resolving differences through verbal communication, we understand that certain situations may end up in a war. We will soon be discussing and passing a few things regarding the Council and wars. It is very possible that in the future, if you have a conflict and you wish to bring it to the Council for whatever reason, you will be able to do so. We could potentially offer many services, such as, diplomatic mediation, or negotiating war terms, or being a "referee" in war to make sure all sides abide by the terms of war. The ideas are many and the potential is unlimited. I think all could benefit from the Council in one way or another, even if you are never an actual member.

Thanks for the great post Araye!

Easton Ghent
-Hadfael

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2006, 09:58:08 am »
A whole community of people working for Peace? One person, or a group of five people is enough imo, if all theese people work for it where will the drama be to give an exiting day in yliakum?
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2006, 10:19:53 am »
Yeah, just a person and their close friends are enough for peace to exist... right... IRL that would be all beauty queens right? :lol:
:: The Flaming Feather :: Lady of the Rangers ::

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2006, 10:54:40 am »
Yeah, just a person and their close friends are enough for peace to exist... right... IRL that would be all beauty queens right? :lol:

Won't know if it is... although i mean that i don't think peace should excist in yliakum, needs to be exiting, needs more evil, with all the evil that is now and even more to ruin theese evil beings for going to peace... where will the exitement be?
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Easton

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2006, 12:59:39 pm »
While i'd love to think that soemday there could be gneral Peace, i know this is impossible. And i appreciate the compliment Peacer, but i don't think we will ever be able to resolve every single issue there ever will be. Anyways, we aren't going to solve issues that people don't allow us to solve. For example, If we hear about a major conflict between two guilds outside of the SCoY, we will send a person to go and offer the SCoY services. If they do not agree, then we will simply monitor the situation for history's sake. But we will get involved no further. If they do agree to SCoY help, then things will happen a bit differently. So, don't worry about us getting into your business or ending all fun in Yliakum, cause were here for the opposite. Let's put it this way: Some people like knocking things down, and others like to build them.

Easton Ghent
-Hadfael

Induane

• Veteran
  • What should I put here?
    • View Profile
    • Vaalnor Inc.
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2006, 01:05:56 pm »
then we will simply monitor the situation for history's sake.

This brings me to an idea!  I'm thinking that the SCoY could appoint a historian.  He could keep track of events deemed historical, and maintain them offline on the site. A historical record of the world as it evolves.  That would be an interesting historical archive to have for sure!

Just a thought though...