Author Topic: "The Dancing Blades"  (Read 2225 times)

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
"The Dancing Blades"
« on: November 21, 2006, 09:00:21 pm »
"The Dancing Blades"

Alignment:
Neutral. "Evil" and "Good" actions and players will be judged only on the situation itself. We fight for love of the kill, and for the art of the dance. We do not take care about petty disagreements and drama.

About:
This is a guild for the people who enjoy learning the skills of blades, want to develop an aesthetic appreciation for the art of blade-wielding, and have a warrior-artist soul. We are not about merciless killing, we respect all that we kill. We exist to teach others the art of blades, and sometimes also put on shows displaying the techniques learned (which tend to appear as a dance, hence the name). Some of our goals are to become adept at all techniques of the blade, to learn various movements that will combine to make an exquisite and lethal dance that leaves no unwanted survivors.

Rules:
1. You must have a passion for the art of the blades. This guild is for the aesthetic warrior who would rather make an art out of killing, instead of as a primal urge.
2. You do not need to have a defined alignment. You just need a calm mind so as to develop your skills more thoroughly. Emotional types are welcome as long as they have a fire burning in their soul. 
3. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT start fights with other characters over petty reasons. This guild does not exist for wars and mini-wars. We are aesthetic fighters who dive into the beauty of the blades, not for selfish pride. However, in the case that a fight or war has some actual meaning behind it, we can be willing to help.
4. No one is better than another person. Just because you have a different skill or position in life does not make you higher or lower than someone else. We are all equal (we all started out weak didnt we?) and we must respect all forms of life as being perfect in their own way. This might seem like a contradiction since we are a fighting-based guild, but we do not kill only for the bloodshed, as stated above we are aesthetic fighters. If any danseur is caught harrassing another character or being excessively arrogant there will be punishments.

Ranks:
1.Proeliator (fighter)-those who wish to learn the art of the blade
2.Tripudio (dance)-those who wish to learn the art of dance
3.Gladius (sword)-those who are adept at the use of blades
4.Incendia (fire)-those who have the passion
5.Phasmatis of Vesica (spirit of the blade)-those who are learning to grasp the spirit of the blade
6.Diligo Tripudio (the lovers dance)-those that can successfully combine the dance and sword with the passion and spirit
7.Danse Macabre (dance of death)-those who's dance is most deadly of all
8.Prima Danseurs (master dancers)- those who know the techniques best and teach them
9.Madame (or Monsieur) Danseur (leaders)- the leader

OOC----this is purely based on what i was thinking today. i didnt know if many people would be interested in a guild like this so i ddint put up in an insane amount of information. if you are interested leave a comment and ill see waht i can do. as for the criticism, be gentle. this isnt written in stone.

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

Phinehas

Re: "The Dancing Blades"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 09:10:09 pm »
*Matt, with a ticked off little wizard on his shoulder.*

Well, I like the idea, but frankly I think it relies too heavily on RP to be practical in the game at the moment. It just takes a lot of effort to run a guild based on a solely RP concept. Still though, I do like the idea.

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 09:37:41 pm »
 :-[
awww thanks phin, that means a lot coming from youse

*huggs* heres a flower  :flowers:

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 04:01:09 pm »
Seems like a nice idea. No visable flaws... Yet.  :whistling:

I think it will be difficult to get off the ground though. You'll have to find just the right people and ones fitting the bill should be hard to come by. Its very specified.

But anyway, I can't wait for more info! Looks good.  :thumbup:
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 10:28:12 pm »
 :flowers: thanks Parallo

no i do not plan on this happening anytime soon. Since ive stopped playing as Kalika for personal reasons i made an alt specifically to work on this idea. Im crrently Powerleveling her (oh no! bad bad bad...whatev) jsut so that i can have her be very adept in blades adn strenght and agility, so that i can be able to back up the background of the guild, and say im for something and not disprove otherwise.
I do agree that it will be very hard (hopefully not impossible) to find characters that are willing to be apart of this sort of organization, however i think that it would be a good rp type of thing. i also dont want ti to seem as straightllaced as i made it seem previously but the idea was thought of and written in less than an hour and requires much further thought if i plan to make this into a reality.

ahahaha hopefully this wont be a pipe dream and ill be able to make something exquisite out of the idea

in my imagination it was going to be something like those one martial arts/artistic movies Crouching Tiger, Hero etc...within the realm of planeshift of course, i was thinking more of the characters then the thematic elements.

anywho thanks again and ill try to post some more relevant info soon ;)  :flowers:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:30:24 pm by Kalika »

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 10:05:10 am »
*Matt, with a ticked off little wizard on his shoulder.*

Well, I like the idea, but frankly I think it relies too heavily on RP to be practical in the game at the moment. It just takes a lot of effort to run a guild based on a solely RP concept. Still though, I do like the idea.

Must you be so destructive with your criticism?

I like the idea, and i'm not going to break it apart by saying it's going to be hard to RP.

God Knows Phinny being himself is hard enough to RP in Planeshift. ;)

Don't forget to teach your guild Discipline, you don't want them slashing away at innocent bystandards lol ;D

Dance on my lady, dance on.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 11:44:08 pm »
oooo i thought phineas was being nice tee hee heee  :flowers:

Phinehas

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 11:50:39 pm »
I was. That's why I didn't reply.

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 02:32:03 pm »
hmm don't know. Sounds like a guild for the new people who start of not knowing much about roleplaying and leveling mostly and who would like to learn more about toleplaying without having to let go of the pride of their skill ;)
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada

Phinehas

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 04:58:46 pm »
That depends on how it's run. If it's run well it could just be for people who see the artistry in swordplay, doesn't mean their t3h ub3r sw0rdm3nz0rrzz.

edit: I do not actually speak 1337 well. I am aware of this. I was making a point. :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:33:49 pm by Phinehas »

Quitarias

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sugested solution:Quarantine and/or death sentence
    • View Profile
    • A MUD gladiator game.Press link and level to make me rich.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 05:21:09 pm »
j00 ph1n3h45 j00 15 l337
anyway if this guild makes it off the ground i think it will live personaly i might make an alt just for this guild cuz i love sword dancing
* Quitarias dances in the plaza on a 12 metre tall pile of headless bodies  :innocent: repeating "respect the prey respect the prey...... DIE YOU STUPID DOGS  :devil:!!! respect the prey respect the prey........"
Singned
  -One serious case of nuty.

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 01:37:30 pm »
whatever works for different folks, however this isnt jsut about powerleveling. i only said i was powerleveling to back up my claim about being skilled at the art of swords. sure i can roleplay that all i want to but i dont want to be all "oh my goodness im soooooo awesome at swords can you believe it ahahahhaha i cna cause im awesome at sowrdsyeahhhhhhhhh :P" id rather keep going to the arena and to gold mines so that my character can be developed as very hard working and her chosen love will be the art of the blades. ehehehe doent mean everyone else has to though ;) its all just a matter i suppose of what one wants out of the game and what they intend to do about it.

oh and this will also not be a guild that recruits and promotes specifically to newbs. in my head that just insures the downfall of a guild mostly.

oooo and you two have more l337? skills than i do :P

Phinehas

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 07:24:07 pm »
I think it's important to understand here the difference between being someone who appreciates the art of swordfighting and being someone who is an unbeatable swordfighter. Obviously you'd have to have some skill in swordfighting to be an artist, but that does not mean that all members of this guild would be unbeatable warriors. Correct, Kalika?

Also, good call on not catering to newbies. Way too many guilds do that already.

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 07:46:24 pm »
I think it's important to understand here the difference between being someone who appreciates the art of swordfighting and being someone who is an unbeatable swordfighter. Obviously you'd have to have some skill in swordfighting to be an artist, but that does not mean that all members of this guild would be unbeatable warriors. Correct, Kalika?

Also, good call on not catering to newbies. Way too many guilds do that already.

EXACTLY
im not going for being unbeatable.too godmodding for me. but yeah, i wanted this to be an art. If youre not exceptional when it comes to leveling up, then thats cool. itd be nice jsut so that you can back yourself up when needed but really this is about an art form. I want people to be able to do this like its a profession, like ballet or the circus or i dunnos. as i said previously, im more in this for the idea of the Character/person/player not the thematic elements.

i can feel ymself starting to ramble and i dont want to say anything stupid so im jsut gonna stop now :P

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 06:33:23 pm »
What's wrong with helping new players?  :(

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop: