Author Topic: [GUILD] The House of Games.  (Read 6956 times)

Eurac

[GUILD] The House of Games.
« on: December 16, 2007, 07:58:29 pm »
THE HOUSE OF GAMES

Welcome to the House of Games. Down your tools, sheath your blades and try your luck. Forget your worries and indulge in one of our splendid games. We can be found throughout Yliakum hosting games and events for your pleasure but feel free to visit us at Kada Els tavern in Hydlaa at anytime.

Good Luck Citizens.

Go to www.hogwebs.webs.com for news and current events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The House of Games Guild.
[Those wishing to join the guild should contact us in game, via our website or post on this thread]

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:47:35 pm by Eurac »

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The House of Games.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:16:48 pm »
Having IC guild chat is what turns off a lot of people (especially me). It doesn't really make sense that a group of people are speaking to eachother ICly from all across Yliakum...it's like whispers.

Eurac

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:22:34 pm »
Your right, I will modify.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 05:22:00 am »
Nice initiative! I wish you good luck.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 07:03:47 am »
Nice, Eurac, I hope it's for sale *grins* Seriously, I've been meaning to look into something like this for about the past two and a half years.

Having IC guild chat is what turns off a lot of people (especially me). It doesn't really make sense that a group of people are speaking to eachother ICly from all across Yliakum...it's like whispers.

I tend to disagree, if you're not talking as if you're in proximity then you're probably OOC anyways and should use brackets in that channel.  Least that's how I run my guild.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 08:28:27 am »
Tuxide, it saves confusion, simple as that. If you wanna roleplay "in a vicinity", use the main tab, keep guild OOC. Good example is, way back when I was in the Feline's Lair, we would swap between OOC and IC chat in the guild tab. We were all speaking OOC, then suddenly a new member joins, and I typed in something OOC. Just then, everyone yelled at me "RP!!!!!! RP!!!!!!" and caused a great deal of confusion that heavily ticked me off.

Just don't do it, IC in main tab, OOC in guild chat. Saves a ton of confusion and "character ruining" as I call it.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 09:12:11 am »
I'm not too sure I understand your example, but I really think it depends on what kind of person is running the guild and how fast it grows...if you know what kind of guilds I'm referring to there.  Eurac isn't going to make a big lame guild of powerlevelling noobs that do not take RP passionately, that I know.  I am really interested to see what existing characters join this guild (and what kind of new people it attracts).

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 04:23:24 am »
Well I'd say this is one of those "Your guild, your rules." things. Guild tabs can be used for both roleplay and casual chat ... as long as you stay in character in main tab I don't think anyone has anything to say about what you want your guild tab used for :P
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Eurac

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 10:26:40 am »
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, sorry I have not replied earlier my ISP has been down. The IC/OOC debate is interesting although I agree that IC in main and OOC in guild would save a lot of confusion. Thanks Tux' for the compliment, RP is most important to me.

Indygo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 03:09:46 pm »
I like the concept of the guild Eurac.  Gambling has been one of Indygo's hobbies for quite a while.  It may be something I am interested in though I wonder, how would it be viewed by the public.  Is this something (meaning the guild) that would be considered acceptable and fair, or would most believe it is a scam or a way to cheat people in disguise?  I mean this in context of characters not the forums. 

On the other hand, gambling can be quite fun even when you are losing and I have a handfull of games I would be able to bring to the guild that are tested and have been popular among those that played them.

Hope to speak to you in game.  :D
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)

Eurac

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 07:56:19 am »
Tickets for the nest HYDLAA DRAW are on sale now, come and find THE HOUSE OF GAMES to buy yours.

Phinehas

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 04:17:37 pm »
Hey, I've been meaning to suggest... In fact, I have suggested in-game, though I was apparently ignored, that it might not be best to hold gaming in the main rooms of the tavern. Perhaps a back room would be better and make for more realistic RP. It not only seems unlikely that an official gaming organization would just be held at a bench in the middle of a tavern, but it's also very distracting to try and RP with someone announcing roles and winners and all that stuff all the time.

Eurac

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 06:08:52 pm »
Phinehas. Your RP should incorporate the surroundings you are in, taverns are busy places with much going on at one time. Maybe if you are having a private conversation then you should take it to a back room. The tavern is a public place where many citizens wish to have a little fun, many RPs are going on at any one time. My games are RP, Should I stop my RP so others can chat in peace. Try group.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 08:21:03 pm »
I concur with Eurac.  Taverns are noisy, although I admit I would like to see a separate building for this.  The problem now is that the game is not mature enough yet for what I really want to do.

Phinehas

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 03:53:27 am »
Eurac, don't pretend you can teach me to RP...

Just a suggestion... but maybe you could try and see my point, rather than just jumping straight to the defending of your actions... That would be novel and almost unheard of on these forums, but hey, maybe you could set a precedent.

I know that taverns are noisy and what-not... That doesn't bother me... I'm more questioning the reality of holding "official" games in the main room of a tavern... Admittedly, I don't know much about taverns in general, but it would seem to me not really to be the thing... Maybe if it was a cheap seedy tavern, but in a place like Kada-Els I'd think they'd have separate rooms for games or something.  I can't think of a single valid IC reason why your games wouldn't be held in a back room. Anyway, if you don't want to, don't. You'll run your guild as you want, regardless of the input of others, so carry on.