Author Topic: [GUILD] Bloodstone Brethren  (Read 7971 times)

yopeeps

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 11:30:23 am »
lol more bloods! clash of teh bloods! i verily decree that war is upon thee! look out for us. well get u lol
BLOOD AVENGER LEAGUE GO!

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sovereign, The Bloodstone Brethren
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 11:12:07 pm »
New guilds are usually greeted like this, with a lots of hints, tips and advice. As a guild leader you have to be able to withstand some criticism on this forum but just because everyone tells you how they'd do it in your place doesn't mean you have to listen to them all. :P Take that which you think would improve your guild and apply it, kindly ignore the rest.

I've seen plenty of positive comments here, not all negative. Of course we never like to hear what we can do different or better. Still, taking it to PMs kills the discussion and refrains you from getting multiple opinions on something. In my opinion, this is exactly what the guild threads are for ... advice on improvement and announcing changes within the guild structure on the first post.

I see, yes, I agree but the comments made are very vague and to me that's frustrating... what can I do or say? I'm all for advice and improvement but the areas have to be addressed and a generic statement doesn't really help matters. I have had to guess what the comments are about thus far :)

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 01:13:09 am »
Good point, vague comments are usually more frustrating than helpful. I'd either ask them to clarify their opinions or do the kind ignoring if they're being pointlessly vague. :D
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Sktn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 08:11:24 am »
i remember you sending me a tell that demostrates the opposite to no hard feelings. It said something about that i seriously to grow up and thank you for saving me the hassle and blah blah...If this ain't hard feelings man, i don't know what it is. is this more specific or still vague?

...and please mr. moderator, censor, whatever you are please don't  :-X me again please, thank.

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 10:15:54 am »
i remember you sending me a tell that demostrates the opposite to no hard feelings. It said something about that i seriously to grow up and thank you for saving me the hassle and blah blah...If this ain't hard feelings man, i don't know what it is. is this more specific or still vague?

...and please mr. moderator, censor, whatever you are please don't  :-X me again please, thank.

You ripped off new guild members, lied about your skills, role and involvement, refused to give back what was due and for all I knew you'd been doing it for a long time - hoarding whatever manner of items and ores. Members, trusted members, expressed their concerns about your actions and were not happy what so ever - neither was I to discover what had happened.

I don't appreciate abusing peoples trust, buying platinum ores at a cheap price from Oath Takers who spend hours mining it at a low level of 6 or so then giving the ores to smelters and of which we do for nothing and then pocketing the profits. When told to give back 4,400 Tria (which is a fair bit for new players) and you finally did, you went in a sulk and left the Clan... I am sorry, but this is rather immature and judging by what had happened you proved you cannot be trusted so yes, I was not impressed and this was a rational reaction. On response to my questioning you responded "Who grassed on me?" I mean, you know, it was rather like "Oh well, damn, I was found out but I don't really care - they're in the wrong". 

I don't understand how you can complain, I really don't - I was fair in all honesty. You even failed to see what you had done wrong and attempted to put doubt in my mind about other existing members... what was it, "crows?" I then find out you'd been bragging about your actions to a certain member, a good friend, in another Guild of which a member of Bloodstone saw. You took something that wasn't too big a deal and blew it way out of proportion. I really did not want to push the matter but you gave me no other choice... and you failed to mention how I wished you luck and the chat we had later.

If you didn't leave I'd have likely kicked you anyway, in truth.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:10:16 am by Ulfer »

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 10:26:59 am »
And that is why recruiting standards are important.

Best of luck, Ulfer.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 11:55:50 am »
Wow, pretty solid. Nice job Ulfer.

However I think your thread has concentrated more on the aesthetic part than in the content. I'll proceed to tell you why!

You introduction story is pretty big. It's well written and very interesting, but in a guild thread you should settle with just some flavour text. I think the objective here is to get people interested into your guild, not speaking about anything in a detailed way. You should leave some space for doubts, so people will come to you asking for more.

Another thing that I think is missing is some information about how your guild actually works. You know, how you pick your members, what they usually have to do to get promoted, what kind of stuff your guild usually goes around doing, what you have done and what you can show us. If you don't have anything yet, tell us what we should expect soon. Stuff like that.

Also, do not focus on the "we want role play characters, casual, any type of character, etc." stuff. Just mentioning that you're interested in respecting the settings and how you show that respect is enough. The rest should go without saying. If we keep making the distinction between hardcore roleplayers, powerlevelrs and "casual" players we'll keep perpetuating a senseless division of the community into classes. We're all just PlaneShift players. *grins* Specially when the members of these pseudo-classes don't usually wanna hang out together. Think about it, you'd get more fish! :P

Concluding, as it is, this guild thread is a small story merged with a small explanation. I'd like it better if it were more of a flyer where it would tell us what you are, how you do stuff and how we can find you. Everything as summarized as possible and with all the extra sparkle I'm sure you can put into it.

Good luck with this project Ulfer! Looking forward to finding the Bloodstone Brethren in-game.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 01:56:22 pm »
A very solid Guild. So far I haven't met one of the clan that wasn't willing to RP to some extent. YIPPIE   GREAT job!!!!

I read something earlier in this thread about bar fights. Hummm Dwarves getting drunk and fighting in a bar.... who would have thought ;) seems in character to me. But I wasn't there so.........

Anyway Love the concept, Love the guild. Great job guys!!

rakshak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • How to host websites on any computer
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 10:14:14 pm »
(This is kinda a review of Bloodstone Brethren.)

Disclaimer: Though my opinion about the Bloodstone Brethren is biased as I have been associated with them, but few would disagree with the leadership qualities of Ulfer, and the gameplay of other senior players in the guild. Roleplay is highly promoted in this guild, and we even RP while mining platinum and in /tells.

When I restarted playing PS after a big gap of two years, I suddenly saw many guilds in action. This was new to me, as guilds were not very prominent in those old days, perhaps the only two guilds I used to see around were "Janner's Way" and "Way of the Hammer". It was good to see so many guilds now, as I believe competitiveness leads to improvements. I was approached by six guilds, Ulfer from Bloodstone Brethren just one of them. I tested all their patience, by taking a long time, to observe how their guild fits into my requirements, and how I can fit into the guild's requirements. I finally joined Bloodstone Brethren after taking a time of 4 long days to decide.

As a Bloodstone member, I observed the guild closely. They have a great leader in Ulfer, who knows well who to recruit, who to keep, and also who to kick out. He's extra nice to guild members in need, and sets the standards of conduct by his own actions. There were several other highly motivated dwarfs in the guild, Baruden, Balynder, Diere to name a few - all of them have iconic RP personalities and really really warm-hearted behavior and strong gameplay. I benefited tremendously from Bloodstone, as I believe they benefited from me as well.

I went off PS again due to studies, and then "just logged in" few days back to see what's happening. Bloodstone was still there, in fact much stronger than before. I was no longer part of the guild because I had earlier stated "I didn't know if I'd be back". But after being associated with Bloodstone, I just don't want to look at any other guild.

All in all, Bloodstone Brothers is a very well-thought guild with a great leader and members. If ever I leave PS and rejoin, Bloodstone Brethren will be my guild of choice.

I'd conclude by saying "Once a dwarf - always a dwarf; Once a Bloodstone - always a Bloodstone"!

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 09:11:57 pm »
*Slides a few circle to Rakshak*

:D

Thank you for your kind words and advice Rakshak, Gwinn, and Sangwa. It's much appreciated.

Grimr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 07:13:14 pm »
Our beloved souvereign Ulfer, being too ill to lead our guild, has decided to retreat to a more healthy environment in hopes of regaining his strength.
Ulfer has transferred the souvereignty to elder Baruden, who will lead our guild from this day on.

We thank Ulfer for all the good work he has done in making our guild what it is today, and hope he will someday recover enough to join us again.
Ach du, ach das ist dumm: Wer sich nicht in Gefahr begibt – der kommt drin um.

barren

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 10:46:34 am »
OCC the bloodstone main forum are down for now .we are useing  one at http://www.guilduniverse.com/bloodstone in the mean time

Bauden Etewack

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 04:24:30 am »
* LigH sends the Brethren a greeting from their former member - Telnorn Tolesoy. He hopes to meet them again soon before he finally leaves Yliakum.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 04:27:01 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Makron

• Traveller
  • Return what is ours
    • View Profile
    • MoM
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 01:48:21 am »
* LigH sends the Brethren a greeting from their former member - Telnorn Tolesoy. He hopes to meet them again soon before he finally leaves Yliakum.
This guild is dead

EpochBooloySynopsis

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 06:05:38 pm »
Dovoy Brodrs! Its been a while and Ive been busy I hope I can be welcomed in return and that ye my brodrs have been well!