Author Topic: GuildWare.Net up for testing  (Read 482 times)

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
GuildWare.Net up for testing
« on: April 19, 2003, 10:25:06 am »
(crossposted to Kada\'s Tavern)

For those of you who were interested in the guild suite that Simon posted about on the Planeshift forum, we now believe we\'re ready for multi-guild testing. I\'ll try and explain a bit about :

What is GuildWare: After playing many various MMORPG\'s, we got really annoyed that we would have to log into fifteen various sites just to get information for one game - guild site, then guild registry sites, and message boards in another place, and various allies all to keep track of, or even message boards specifically for raiding that you would have to get recommendations to before joining. Hence, we thought; why not just have that all in the same place?

Our aim for GuildWare is to have a website with everything; message board, guild pages, messaging system, calendar for guild or ally events, bazaar for trading, and anything else we can think up, really. GuildWare isn\'t just for one or two games, but for as many as we feel like adding. Currently, we\'re opening alpha testing for PlaneShift and Horizons, and we intend on opening it to other games we take an interest in.

GuildWare isn\'t just a regular messaging suite template; You can customise the entire thing to your own specifications, and make it as simple or as complex as you like. You monitor your own site, therefore you can say whether something stays or goes.

Cost of GuildWare: For PlaneShifters, (and for other games at this point in planning) it\'s free! This is a hobby, not a merchandise ploy. If in future the cost starts to get rather negligable, then we may charge guilds for pay-to-play games a small fee, but PlaneShift guilds will remain free due to its unique open-sourcing design.

Do I need to be in a guild: actually, no you don\'t. You can create a character and log in to any guild\'s public section and post as you like, as long as you stick to their guild-posting rules.

How do I sign up?: Head right over to the GuildWare site and click the signup button, which will guide you through the various steps (yes we know it looks really boring right now, but I can\'t make the design editors work on this laptop so it\'s going to be dull for a while).

Finding bugs and reporting them; instructions for this is on the main GuildWare site - this is the place Simon will check to find problems with the site and try and correct them. We\'re open to suggestions and helpful hints, but I\'ll warn you now; if you\'re just going to complain about how nothing works and it sucks, chances are you\'ll just lose your account. This is very much in the testing stages, much like PlaneShift itself, therefore it isn\'t going to be perfect. If you or your guild has patience and is willing to help out, then we\'d be happy to have you join up to help us make this suite work out!

Hope to see you there!

http://www.guildware.net/