Author Topic: [GUILD] The Daughters of Xiosia  (Read 8425 times)

Laurianna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
[GUILD] The Daughters of Xiosia
« on: December 31, 2008, 09:54:50 pm »
Daughters of Xiosia
The Daughters are dedicated followers and protectors of the sacred teachings of Xiosia, the Mother Goddess, who sustains us all. Each Daughter’s oath to the collective is revered to be the most binding of all, for those who take the oath to the Daughters are also binding their fate to the Great Mother.

Xiosia is the creator of all living entities in nature, birthing all plants, creatures, mountains and bodies of water. She also presides over death, for all that dies is reborn. Her stories are as ancient as the earliest Elvish lineage. The highest notion of The Daughters of Xiosia is universal love and respect for each other and all in nature. All Daughters act in peace and non-violence except in cases of hunting for food and survival [training]. When a Daughter does kill she should make amends with offerings and prayers to Xiosia and the slain entity.
A senseless killing is an act against the guild and the Great Mother.

All Daughters are committed to always taking time to introduce themselves to and assist new female arrivals fleeing into the city of Hydlaa, many of whom may be in need of tria, food and warm clothing. It is the philosophy of the guild that all females are Daughters of the Goddess, whether guilded or not.

The Daughters practice collective consensus and refuse to recognize a hierarchical structure within the guild. Every guild member has a platform to voice her opinion and make positive suggestions; all decisions are made collectively with a majority vote. Each guild member is treated with equal respect regardless of level of skill or training, we are here to support one another not to out rank each other in knowledge, power or financial status. All guild members are valuable, from prophetic priestess to hard working miner.

All Daughters are encouraged to learn the stories and sacred teachings of Xiosia, spend time meditating and divining in Jardet’s Secret Garden under the sacred Ruqua Tree and to participate in Xiosian ceremonies, rituals and festivals. Sacred times of the year for the guild and Xiosia include Mid-Unodin, a time to bless the newly planted crops and Mid-Azhord a time to celebrate and give thanks to the success of the harvest.

Please check this thread for times and dates when, and where, you may petition the DOX to join us as a sister in faith and honor of Xiosia.

The official DOX guild website is currently under development here: www.daughtersofxiosia.info

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The Daughters of Xiosia
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 09:31:03 pm »
Sexist!
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 02:48:07 am »
[ Im not able to express my world in one word, so I will need few sentences:
I like the idea of this guild and hope strongly that you will be successful. You have a nice concept that differs from other active guilds.
The only thing is that you should think again of the no leader concept if I got you right. Often there is someone needed who takes the responsibility and says how things will be done, else it might happen that nothing at all progresses and the guild can kind of block itself.
Finally: The picture on your homepage is just great  :)

Sen

#EDIT# Added brackets after getting surprised with more icness ]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:48:35 am by Sen »
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:34:18 am »
As the founder of DOX, I would like to address the first two replies to our thread.

Sexist- I suppose one could make a brash decision to call us sexists, but you might want to look the definition up first and then look up another word, separatist, for that would make a much better argument that I could address intelligently. But either way sexist or separatist accusations need not apply to our guild, we are just sisters doing it for ourselves, helping each other out, no more, no less.

Sen, thanks so much for your kind words and suggestion for leadership. I have had quite a few people speak of concern for the guild, because it has no identifiable leader, and yes The Daughters are taking a risk stepping outside of the the standard leadership and ranking. But this is a risk I and the Daughters are willing to make in this world, to learn how we can, as women, re-shape the standard patriarchal structure and explore those possibilities as a collective. The order for now amongst the Daughters is a very strict set of rules we have all voted and are sworn to abide and good mediation during meetings, which yes many will be long and tedious, but we enjoy RPing them and the meetings are making us a very close knit group. The picture on the website of Xiosia is quite perfect, thank you Laurianna!

Goddess Bless,
SG

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 06:41:54 am »
The Royal House of Purrty sends respectful greetings, and is looking forward to receiving a suggestion for an appointment to a visit.

--

And don't mind Parallo - it is a tough job to be evil...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 09:47:53 am »
Serparatist as in separatist feminism? Thats something you might want to have included in the OP.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Laurianna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 02:26:17 pm »
Serparatist as in separatist feminism? Thats something you might want to have included in the OP.

Think of the Daughters of Xiosia as a sacred refuge for female characters.
Note that I say female 'characters'. What is most important is that the character truly embrace the sisterhood and the divine feminine force. 
I noticed, when browsing through the Guilds, that there is another guild centered around Xiosia which welcomes both male and female characters:
The Tree of Light http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=32543.0
It seems to be closer to the standard hierarchical guild structure, and appears to have been founded by male characters.

In fact, The Daughters would love to form an alliance with the Tree of light, I am sure! 

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 09:42:01 am »
What about the Kikkiri Liberation Front? Will you ally with us?

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 11:08:22 am »
Tree of Light...Hm. I remember creating that guild. *goes to push the revive button*. And it is for all who wish to join, not only male characters.

Laurianna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 12:43:41 pm »
What about the Kikkiri Liberation Front? Will you ally with us?

This would be fun to pursue while roleplaying in game!  :flowers:

Laurianna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 08:17:26 pm »
Please check this thread for times and dates when, and where, you may petition the DOX to join us as a sister in faith and honor of Xiosia.

To update this bit of information:

You may approach any of the DOX at any time to inquire about the guild and express your interest in joining us.
Please do this in a reasonable RolePlaying fashion...
i.e. State that you have noticed the Xiosian amulet we are wearing, as our in game characters can obviously not see the words floating above our heads. 

Thanks & Peace.

GlassZephyr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 03:34:27 am »
I'm merely curious about this,
you don't accept androgenous species?
no female klyros on account of the single skin applied to both sexes
and no kran on account of the "manly" physique?

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14:27 am »
I'm merely curious about this,
you don't accept androgenous species?
no female klyros on account of the single skin applied to both sexes
and no kran on account of the "manly" physique?

Ah we do have a female Klyros in the guild already.

Laurianna

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 09:00:48 pm »
I recall us discussing Kran, and believe the consensus was : if the Kra identified as female and worshipped Xiosia, kra would be considered for the DOX.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 07:03:51 am »
What if a male identifies as female and worships Xiosia?