Author Topic: [GUILD] The Daughters of Xiosia  (Read 8427 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The Daughters of Xiosia
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 09:10:57 am »
Parallo, don't nitpick ... take an example from the TV commercials: Make a guild "Sons of Xiosia" and compare your member counts after some time. ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • ꞆĂ­ꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 09:20:07 am »
We have already created the polar opposite, the Kikkiri Liberation Front. We have many members but you city-scum won't likely see them till they are upon you. Anyhow, what about transgendered folks?
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Sabretooth

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 01:55:31 am »
Anyhow, what about transgendered folks?

As this is a RPing game set in the middle ages, there would be no ts/tg. Crossdressing is a possibility...

Keldrena

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 08:57:55 am »
Umm, there are several records of trans folks in the middle ages. Not a lot in Europe, but PS isn't in Europe. Also read up about transgendered people in native American cultures.

Saying this is the middles ages isn't really a good argument in this case.

Xalantyr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 06:24:45 pm »
Sen, thanks so much for your kind words and suggestion for leadership. I have had quite a few people speak of concern for the guild, because it has no identifiable leader, and yes The Daughters are taking a risk stepping outside of the the standard leadership and ranking. But this is a risk I and the Daughters are willing to make in this world, to learn how we can, as women, re-shape the standard patriarchal structure and explore those possibilities as a collective. The order for now amongst the Daughters is a very strict set of rules we have all voted and are sworn to abide and good mediation during meetings, which yes many will be long and tedious, but we enjoy RPing them and the meetings are making us a very close knit group.

I think it's perfectly feasible for a guild to operate without a "leader" and I like the look of DoX's structure.

To address Sen's concern, if necessary DoX could (as a collective) nominate individuals to take on certain responsibilities on behalf of the guild, similar to guild leader or officer positions in other guilds. The only difference is that the people occupying those positions would do so on behalf of and always be directly answerable and accountable to the whole guild. It's possible for them to achieve the convenience of conferring specific authorities on individuals without creating a hierarchy.

Xalantyr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 06:37:04 pm »
Umm, there are several records of trans folks in the middle ages. Not a lot in Europe, but PS isn't in Europe. Also read up about transgendered people in native American cultures.

Saying this is the middles ages isn't really a good argument in this case.

There are also instances of this which pre-date the middle ages, eg. there were cults of Cybele priestesses made up of males who castrated themselves (in one account I read, achieved by smashing their you-know-whats between a pair of rocks) then lived as women in every achievable sense of the word.

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 10:25:08 pm »
Hello is this Topic still active?

Tadano Hitoshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 10:32:05 pm »
Hello is this Topic still active?

The guild Daughters of Xiosia is active, yes...as now is the Sons of Xiosia.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 11:06:38 pm »
Thanks Tadano for the mention. Dark Patron, here is the information on the Sox (Sons of Xiosia):

"Sons of Xiosia

Our Oath to Xiosia:
Freely and without coercion, I will ~Provide for the needy, Protect the threatened, Celebrate Nature, Behave with Balance, and Honor Xiosia’s Spirit in Thoughts and Deeds.

The Sons of Xiosia are dedicated followers and protectors of the sacred teachings of Xiosia, the Goddess, the Keeper of Balance and Nature in our world. The Sons of Xiosia have allied with the Daughters of Xiosia and other Guilds of Yliakum to protect the common good. We assume friendship and integrity in all others, until proven otherwise.

Each Oath to Xiosia is revered to be the most binding of all, for those who take the Oath bind their fate to the Great Mother.

The Sons, Klyros, Kran of Xiosia, (SoX) are organized to follow Nature as reveal by Xiosia, by fostering the growth of equality, community, strength used to protect the common good and spiritual advancement. The SoX are organized into three paths of growth, or Circles: Xiosia’s Shield, Xiosia’s Staff and Xiosia’s Song.

* Xiosia’s Shield are our Goddesses’ Warriors of the Faith and the People. The Shield Circle attracts Nature’s followers who excel in weaponry and wish to use their skills to bring more Balance into our land by standing as a firstline against evils that surround us, including rogues, outlaws, criminals and those organized to bring our world into Chaos and Loss.

* Xiosia’s Staff are our Goddesses’ Protectors of the Faith and the People. The Staff Circle attracts followers of Xiosia who express their spiritual advancement by providing for the living needs of citizens, such as hunters, cooks, miners, carpenters, trail leaders and the like.

* Xiosia’s Song are our Goddesses’ Honor guardians. The Song Circle attracts followers of Xiosia who are storytellers, singers, dancers, teachers, feast creators, lore masters, homilists, priests and ambassadors of the Faith. The Song Circle provides for the spiritual education of the People, assist in building Communities, and act as liaisons to all other Circle members.

The ThreeFold Garden is the group of representatives of each path of growth which includes the Leaders of each of Xiosia’s Circles, and an appointed representative from each active Community. The ThreeFold Garden are caretakers of the teachings of Xiosia, and consist of advanced members from each of the Paths of Growth in the SoX and appointed members of each active Communities SoX."

The Sox hold social events with other Guilds, and are sponsoring with The Call of Destiny, the DoX, and many others ,the upcoming Festival of Unodin {April 10-11-12}. If you'd like more information on the SoX, find me ingame or pm me.

May Xiosia surround yer blades with compassion.

Roled Rolak
Carrier of the Song
Sons of Xiosia
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 02:36:25 am »
what are the  benefits for tat guild

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 04:33:44 am »
Bloody good roleplay, sir.

kaerli2

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 12:41:44 am »
what are the  benefits for tat guild

DoX is one of the top RPing guilds in PS today, especially considering their relatively young age...they are right up there with such names as ToY and Outlaws.

arc1590

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 04:13:52 am »
eventhough i'm a guy i just wanted to say goodluck and best wishes was just bored and found your clan. i just love how some people are so bored with thier lives that they have to bother others for entertainment.

cheers \\o//

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 07:04:18 am »
For guys there might be the "Sons of Xiosia" now, alternatively.

Or roleplay a female character, I dare you to... ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Sluuph

• Traveller
  • Merry Met and Blessed Be!
    • View Profile
    • Daughters of Xiosia
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 09:51:23 am »
I am delighted to see the Guild beginning to grow again. Blessed be my new sisters!
Sluuph is "a daughter of DoX not quite becoming of a DoX daughter" --Zytorr