Author Topic: [GUILD] The Bounty Hunters  (Read 2669 times)

Skrein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
[GUILD] The Bounty Hunters
« on: July 12, 2009, 03:34:49 pm »
[note: I am not the leader of this guild]

The Bounty Hunters

Purpose and Function

Brought together by Skepter, this collective group of bounty hunters carries out contracts made by those who are in need of help. Their services are vast, since they will deal with thieves, murderers, wild creatures, or even their own as long as they are paid. If their actions are unlawful, they disguise themselves to avoid being caught by the law, but they will carry out the assassination of one of the octarchs themselves if they are paid well enough. They make sure to avoid carrying out contracts while in the walls of any city, but they do not hold back if their target is a safe enough distance away from where a guard could protect them.

The bounty hunters sometimes work together, though they act by different morals, since while some prefer to help others and keep them safe, others do whatever they need to make a few tria, making it a group formed only of necessity. However, those that do prefer to help others often-times will bring defenseless people into their fold and teach them how to fight, offering them a spot within the group, or simply calling on them when they are needed after their training is finished. They do not focus on each others' religion or purpose, but rely upon each others' skills most of all. If someone is holding the others back, proper action is taken.

Recruitment

Joining the bounty hunters is rather easy. You may be in need of teaching, and recruited to learn how to fight. Or you may simply wish to cut into the pie of tria and offer your services to the other hunters. Regardless, all bounty hunters are recognizable by the insignia that they wear somewhere on their clothing, unless they are cloaked, and all one has to do is make contact with them.

Ranking

Trainee - Trainees are recruited for training in either fighting, bounty hunting, or both. Trainees may or may not remain in the guild after joining.

Aspirant - After showing progress in both roleplay and combat, aspirants are brought along during missions to watch and learn how things are done. They may not work on contracts by themselves.

Honorary - Members of this rank aren't actually part of the guild, but they are instead independent as either friends or allies that are called upon when needed. They may not represent themselves as part of the group, but they may announce their affiliation.

Hunter - No longer in training, hunters may work on contracts by themselves or with whoever they wish. They must be skilled in roleplay and roleplay fighting. Dueling is optional.

Proven - Hunters with great skill are promoted to this rank to show that they are the most reliable to call on when there is a contract. They have exceptional skills in roleplay and other aspects of the game.

Teacher - Teachers train the trainees and aspirants. Only those who have greatly proven themselves earn this position, but they must also volunteer to do it.

Overseer - In charge of the other hunters, overseers work as the strategic leaders, and they organize or assign hunters to new contracts.

True Hunter - Members of this rank are similar to overseers, but they are greatly skilled in every other aspect of what it means to be a bounty hunter.

Leader - This is the overall leader of the bounty hunters, though he takes advice from the true hunters, as well. Authority over ranks as high as the true hunters is what differentiates this rank.

Rules

IC
  • If you are hunting someone, you must make sure to do it outside of city walls.
  • If you are hunting someone who has not committed a crime, but there is still a bounty on their heads, disguise yourself to avoid connection to the crime.
  • Keep your weapons sheathed inside of the city, don't pick fights, etc.

OOC
  • You must always stay in-character. If you must speak OOCly, use brackets.
  • Guild chat is to remain OOC. If you wish to roleplay with each other, meet in person and do it, or use group chat.
  • The guild isn't responsible for your actions. If there are complaints about you, action will be taken.
  • Though this guild helps newcomers, they must at least make an effort to stay in character. If not, they will become a lost cause, and possibly kicked out.

Tazen

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The Bounty Hunters
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:30:40 pm »
Nice to see good initiative being taken, rules look very fair too.  :thumbup: Nice work.

Skrein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 12:55:02 pm »
Being a volunteer helper isn't really much of an initiative for the entire guild. If the leaders can't change, my help is pretty meaningless. It's up to them whether or not they want to follow what I've posted.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:06:39 am »
There was already a guild called Bounty Hunters; it was nothing more than a guild of powerlevelers however.

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 12:12:26 am »
This looks like a magnificent guild.
I met the leader (I think he is the leader based on odd notes around Yliakum) who decided to introduce the guild by jumping downstairs on our table in the tavern and start to duel...
he lost and told his opponent that he was gay (unclear which one).
Nice post but has nothing to do with their IC methods.
I hope this isn't Lepohis re-attempt on BH because I know he was planning on one.
S: I want to be Columbo! K: That is NOT a class...

Lepohi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 03:10:40 am »
I handed this guild over to Earowo and his entourage because of my now current inactivity, in doing this the guild can live on and hopefully once again thrive also saves these people having to speed 20k on creating a guild from scratch, I have always been one for recycling.

@Scarn: As I have only seen one once in the last year I highly doubt you know anything. If you did, you would have been aware of the afore mentioned paragraph.
If you have any further questions/confusion please contact 'Earowo' or any representative he directs you to.  O--)
-= Lepohi =-

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:07:31 am »
@Scarn: As I have only seen one once in the last year I highly doubt you know anything. If you did, you would have been aware of the afore mentioned paragraph.
If you have any further questions/confusion please contact 'Earowo' or any representative he directs you to.  O--)

You have only seen one once what? I know what you told me about making the guild again if that is what you mean and I know what I saw at the tavern and heard before and after that or do you mean the note?
I don't need to know about what you are going to do in the guild or private life or who 'owns' the guild to see that there's something wrong and you'd understand that if you weren't so attached to your 'legacy'.
''They make sure to avoid carrying out contracts while in the walls of any city, but they do not hold back if their target is a safe enough distance away from where a guard could protect them.''
Guess that would be some backalley not inside the tavern with the guards outside.

The post was directed to the leader(?) Earowo and not to you Lepohi.
You were just mentioned because I know your old guildies weren't this OOC and it's a shame to see the guild in this state.

Lepohi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 04:52:33 am »
Scarn, please, you really have no idea and -really- need to look into these things before BS'ing about them here. The person you are referring to in the tavern and leaving the notes around Hydlaa is not in 'Bounty Hunters' or connected to them in ANY way, he is a freelancer by the name Artharos. I repeat, not linked to this guild in any way, shape or form. Have another balloon...  O--)
-= Lepohi =-

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 05:36:06 am »
Scarn, please, you really have no idea and -really- need to look into these things before BS'ing about them here. The person you are referring to in the tavern and leaving the notes around Hydlaa is not in 'Bounty Hunters' or connected to them in ANY way, he is a freelancer by the name Artharos. I repeat, not linked to this guild in any way, shape or form. Have another balloon...  O--)

No, you seem to be the one confused. I met Earowo. What reason would I have to lie? Pshhh... whatever, I looked into things like you told me and here's the chatlog:

(20:23:52) Uinin mutters, "great a bounty hunter..." (Earowo jumps down on the table)
(20:24:00) Earowo says: i know
(20:24:03) Earowo says: dont we rock
(20:24:09) Uinin says: Not...really
(20:24:11) Szix says: Yes, you can tell from the table manners
He starts a duel with Vvallace at this point
(20:24:49) Szix says: The guards outside will surely interfere
(20:25:00) Uinin says: what guards?
Earowo dies
(20:25:07) Earowo says: gay
(20:25:11) Szix says: The two guards outside the tavern

You can confirm these logs with atleast 4 people.
Why are you ridiculing yourself?

Skrein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 09:10:08 am »
Ahahahaa...

Well, I'm definitely sorry for making this post. Artharos was the person I talked to who inspired me to help the Bounty Hunters, since he seemed like a pretty good roleplayer, but in the end he didn't represent the rest of the guild, and I ended up convincing him to leave it.

Joale

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 06:42:13 pm »
Yeah... all the world needs is Earowo as a guild leader.

O one who harasses anyone who enters the tavern

O one who has no idea the differences between IC and OOC

O one who sings random songs in /shout, and clogs up main chat

But, me and Scarn know nothing right? Of course we don't, good luck... you'll need it.
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."- Socrates

Skrein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 06:50:40 pm »
* Skrein doesn't associate with them after that the day I posted this.

Dark Patron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 02:05:13 pm »
i wanna be a Bounty Hunter...so Sign me UP! \\o//

Dalgin Xawanda

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 12:24:03 pm »
This sounds like a great idea. How do we put a bounty on someone? It's not like I can just hang up a poster in Hydlaa Plaza, saying I want an Octarch assassinated. Can I place a bounty without showing up in person?

kiou

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 03:18:32 pm »
you can contact me for an assassination job. or really any other job.
 ;D
http://thewhitecorps.webs.com/
my guild website, still being worked on~
* kiou thinks gms should be elected and reviewed~
"Im very smart in some ways, and much stupider in infinitely more ways"