Author Topic: [GUILD] The Adani Order  (Read 16338 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The Adani Order
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 12:01:49 am »
A solid guild with solid members can last ages. I'm sure you have what it takes. Now, let's start with getting rid of criminals like Mishka and Sarras who hit innocent diabolis for no apparent reason.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 01:22:54 am »
A solid guild with solid members can last ages. I'm sure you have what it takes. Now, let's start with getting rid of criminals like Mishka and Sarras who hit innocent diabolis for no apparent reason.

:thumbup:

And thanks Caraick for liking my idea  :)
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 06:14:29 am »
@Mekora: Sorry if that sounded like it was directed at you, it was generalized and not at any one person.  I only used your term WFG because I really liked it :)

@Caraick: Tesh likes XD

@Sangwa: I think one of the reasons we didn't start out with something like "claiming Caraick, Teshra and whoever else created the Adani Order to respond to Hydlaa's threats, since they believe the rest of the efforts aren't being enough... The Guard is slow to respond... The so called "Warriors For Good" are no where to be seen... So Teshra and Caraick formed a Guild and swore upon their honor they'd make Yliakum a safer place!" is that, we didn't want to make it seem like our guild was based on pointing out flaws in other guilds/guards/etc.  If you know any of us well, you know that we are not setting out to be rude or insulting to any of the others, and we didn't want to set people off being defensive thinking we were talking about them.   

As to the Ambassador rank, we need a rank that is based around those characters who share our ideals, but who are not fighters/knights.  Many of the characters we know like this are actually very good ambassadors.  Just an example of an IC function: If a member of another guild causes trouble, or gets into a scuffle, the fighters handle the situation, while the ambassadors have the option to watch, assist if they feel capable, or go to the other guilds members/leader and explain the situation.  Teshia has asked Esalir, one of our Ambassadors, to run a message to Barike of House Cheshire.  Sure, a groffel could have done that, but when Barike ignored the groffel ICly, it became necessary for someone to go in person.  Tesh was still handling the situation, so, the Ambassador acts as an envoy.  [don't think he ever actually found him, but it's just a brief example.]

@Vaka: I LOVE that idea!

@Sanqwa again: You show me a genuinely innocent Diaboli, and we'll talk about getting those naughty girls off his case.  ;)
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 09:53:51 am »
Hehe, understood.

Hum, can't we forget the 'genuinely' part? I would think 'seemingly' works good.... Well, just get rid of them!
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 05:13:51 pm »
Might this be the same diaboli that received a klyros punch and death threat?

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 10:44:23 pm »
Uhoh... you have the Batman after that diaboli too?  Who's next, Esalir too?
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 11:40:44 pm »
Gods help him if Esalir decides he doesnt like him, however unlikely.

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 03:45:55 pm »
He is unseen, he has an epic mask, he is.... KLYROS MAN!!!!
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 06:10:00 am »
* Tessra sighs.

I really worry about you boys sometimes...

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 08:26:13 am »
Nice set up and all but to be honest you sound like most other ordinary guilds out there, what makes you so unique or special? I understand why you are around ICly but why OOCly? Why don't you all just join Masters of Move or Diamond Claw? Full of warriors with some over the top history on how great they are, and how they never had any issues because they are so great, ya know Mary Sue I believe is the word. (Sorry to offend members of those guilds)

Vakacheck, if you read the history on our guild better, you can conclude that our history is flawed, and that the main reason we created our guild is cuz members were oppressed. That is why we stand up for injustice, it is the actual IC history of Masters of Move, and hence the motivation to have such a goal.

Also: Masters of Move has nothing to do with the Octarchy, nor is our guild good [you could have also read that on our guildsite]. As a matter of fact, if things go out of hand where injustice is seen, and justice would have to be delivered in a very nasty way, I Perlan would most likely have to explain myself to the Octarchy.

Also: All Masters of Move are required and obliged to be trained into combat, to protect themselves and/ or to stand up for justice, since it is an execution of one of the things we believe in, it's part of who we are. After that our members get a chance to specialize in a certain profession, not before.

Conclusion: If you start comparing The Adani Order (whom I wish the very best) to other guilds, I would advice you to do better research in the future on both guilds, before you spread biased opinions instead of actual facts.

[To all members of The Adani Order: i am sorry to have spoilt your thread on your guild like this, but i had to reply on this one, not only for our own sake, but I assume that you also don't like that Vakachehk states: "Why don't you all just join Masters of Move or Diamand Claw?"]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:27:52 am by Perlam »

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 08:49:48 am »
Vakachehk's concerns are pretty solid, since we have too many guilds in PS for only a handful of players. Some Guilds are pretty obsolete, as they are merely groups of friendly players and not functional (as in creating RP material) groups of characters. I'd say a background story for a guild isn't half as important as the creation of material that comes from roleplaying a  guild's objectives.

Don't take Vakachehk's opinion as an insult. Rather consider it a good measure to improve guild quality in PS, despite its obvious limitations (people willing to join efforts because of IC or OOC reasons.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:04:51 am by Sangwa »

Join the Dark Empire!

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 09:11:03 am »

Criminal my pretty furry ass.

[Bender]Hey! Kiss my pretty furry ass![/Bender] Also, Jecewie is a kind-hearted young fenki healer, but in only 2 minutes, Gartheiz made her… not hate, that's a strong word… let's say completely dislike.

BTW, <3 Sangwa.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 10:38:29 am »
Well to be honest when I read the starting post I did have some concerns.
I know several of the people who are part of the Adani Order and know them to be good or even great roleplayers, but the background story I felt was a little dissapointing exactly becuase I know these people could do so much better.

Most of my concerns have already been pointed out.
A history that has not actually been RPed including some pretty big claims on importance in the form of ties with the octarchy.
Glancing over the history again I can't really find a goal exept for the rather cliche reason as to opose evil.

Granted it's hard to find good goals, but I do feel like this is a guild formed becuase someone or some people wanted to form a guild and not becuase there was a real IC reason for a new guild becuase there was a hole not filled yet.

Anyhow I have great hopes that this guild will find it's way yet as you seem to be open for critism and that in itself will help improve the guild and as I already said I know several of the guildsmembers are great roleplayers.

PS: about the Mary Sue meaning discusion earlier:
A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author or reader.
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 06:37:10 am »
Granted it's hard to find good goals, but I do feel like this is a guild formed becuase someone or some people wanted to form a guild and not becuase there was a real IC reason for a new guild becuase there was a hole not filled yet.

That's kinda the reason all guilds are formed... because someone wanted to form one.  There will always be holes where guilds could fill them, but characters shouldn't have to change to ICly fill those holes.  There will always be guilds which serve the same generic purpose. Some will do a better job than others. For me, our goal is to be the best we can be at RPing our characters in the role defined by our IC objectives.  For IC reasons, many of us cannot join one of the other guilds mentioned.  Also, we refuse to form a guild that excludes players who chose not to level their characters.  We will give them a role, because we feel those players who chose to focus primarily on role playing are just as important to the game and our guild as those who may spend time leveling. 

Vakachehk's concerns are pretty solid, since we have too many guilds in PS for only a handful of players. Some Guilds are pretty obsolete, as they are merely groups of friendly players and not functional (as in creating RP material) groups of characters. I'd say a background story for a guild isn't half as important as the creation of material that comes from roleplaying a  guild's objectives.

All guilds begin with a handful of players, but I completely agree with your second statement.  I will say, at the risk of sounding biased, I know very few people as good at generating broad range RPs which include a wide range of guilds and players as Esalir, Esorono and Travosh.  Those three are some of the most creative and talented people I have met in game.  Not only do they play their characters well... they are capable of engineering plots and working with others in ways I see few other people doing.  I'm HONORED to have players like that in this guild, and I am sure the other founders would agree.  I look forward to seeing what we can all do as a team to set up role plays, and to build past just our formation and acquisition of a house. 

@Perlam: We're cool :D

<_< Now then... if we're the Jedi... one of you sneaky guilds *coughcough* SANGWA *coughcough* needs to step up some Sith game.   ;D

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 07:19:09 pm »
* Forcechokes trooper *
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.