Author Topic: [GUILD] Opalescence  (Read 352 times)

Lillini Mili

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
[GUILD] Opalescence
« on: November 21, 2011, 04:43:17 pm »

Opalescence

Integrity, Passion, Dedication, Dignity

Being Opalescence means striving to be always aware that dignity, character and integrity belong to all inhabitants of Yliakum.  Opalescence members believe the future is bright and possible and understand that the secret to reaching this future is within.

I say, strive to build and discover your own best character traits, believe in yourself, dignity of all... and the future will be filled with integrity and beauty. 

Every Opalescence Guild member I have met has impressed me... developing to find positive change within themselves, and therefore, to impact everyone they meet, perhaps one day the entire dome! 

I do not mean to say that everyone can achieve perfect integrity... likely there will be many struggles on every road.  I also do NOT mean that members and citizens are striving for "goodness" and "light" or that they should, don't get me wrong...   there are many ways to interpret integrity.    ~Lillini

...seeks to prove an ancient proverb about a magical axe is true... clear sight and pure enlightenment can be achieved.  Some say this may not be possible without finding the axe, and the code that unlocks its mysteries.  While we seek the axe we work to our own enlightenment through valiant citizenry and merchanting fairly to support the mission... but mostly working with a focus for all members on magical training toward mage expertise and knowledge.

Mission: find the magical axe, protect it and teach others about enlightenment of self and true sight.

Some say the axe is named "Opal-eyed Axe of the Pterosaur" some say is named "Platinum Steel Axe of True Sight and Enlightenment."  The translation is difficult to be certain of as it seems a dialect from the ages before the known existence of two separate Hammerweilder and Stonebreaker races.

Beginners in our mission are ranked Opalescent.  New energy is welcomed.  All guild members are equal in the rights of votes and input to the mission.  Each new member is given a mission with which to prove themselves toward their magical strengths and personal enlightenment.  Once passing this test, will be promoted to Bright Opalescent.  At this time the new member is welcomed to invite and train others toward the mission.

The rankings of the Guild as of 31/3/2011 are...

Opalescent
Assigned upon entry to the Guild.  Interest in the guild story, basic character development level attained (some initial training, character background prepared), awareness of role-play and dedication to developing role-play skills.

Bright Opalescent
  • Has shown continued interest in game, a member of the guild for 14 playing days
  • Has interested one other in game character in joining Opalescence (whether that character joins or not)
  • Character will act naturally with integrity and without selfishness, will see and reflect greatness in others will respect and appreciate openly the sea of talent and unique abilities which surrounds them.
  • Character displays compassion, generosity, and courage in being themselves.

Opalescent Guide
  • Has shown continued interest in game, a member of the guild for 28+ playing days
  • Has interested one other in game character in joining Opalescence (and that character has joined)
  • Character will help newer players with background on the guild story will help players get to the guild website
  • Contribute details and informative blogs to the guild website
  • Aid newer members in developing their character

Brilliant Opalescent (crafting path)
  • Contribute to the Guild conversation on the blogs and provides feedback on the structure, goals and sustainability of the Guild
  • Contribute on PS Forums with Guild notifications, announcement, advertising Guild to others
  • Has attained a Realm 2 magic level, metallurgical and blacksmith skills and can train other Guild members

Guardian of the Opal Eye (combat, warrior and protection path)
  • Contribute to the Guild conversation on the blogs and provides feedback on the structure, goals and sustainability of the Guild
  • Contribute on PS Forums with Guild notifications, announcement, advertising Guild to others
  • Has attained a Realm 2 magic level, combat mastery including a type of armor to a level 20 and can train other Guild members

Opalescent Master
  • Has attained both requirements of the Guardian and Brilliant paths
  • Contributes to the Guild bank
  • Can promote others within the Guild when those members have acheived the basic requirements

Opalescent Order
  • Has been a member of the Guild for over 5 months
  • Contributes to the Guild conversation on the blogs and provides feedback on the structure, goals and sustainability of the Guild
  • Has attained requirements of the Master twice over (Realm 3 or equivalence for other skills, crafts and combat
  • Contributes to the Guild bank
  • Can promote others within the Guild at will, with discretion and possibly when relevant, outside the standard requirements noted above.
  • Can make decisions for guild members with concerns or issues, change Guild rules

Opalescent Order Master
  • Has been a member of the Guild for over 8 months
  • All above acheivements and more
  • Acts as a guide for all other members

Opalescence
  • Guild leader

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:48:09 pm by Lillini Mili »

Lillini Mili

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Opalescence
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 10:04:30 am »
Lillini's letter home to Corona:

When I was walking the streets of Hydlaa a short time ago I met a StoneHammer. A very nice, honestly warm StoneHammer. When I met him he was telling a story about a Ynnwn that had pinned him "up by his shirt threads" he said.  I chuckle even now at the memory of the excited StoneHammer. He had an unusual tattoo on his forehead such the like as I'd never seen before. He said the Ynnwn was quite forcefully pointing to the tattoo and asking a lot of questions about an axe.  The story was very exciting and interesting, and the StoneHammer bought everyone a round of drinks at the StoneHead! Very lively.  If you ever meet this StoneHammer, whose name escapes me now, you will know him by his tattoo, shaped like Pterosaurs in flight.

Several days after the encounter with the StoneHammer, I met Kalypson.  At first the Ynnwn seemed surly and possibly mean!  He was training with Vladovic in Ojaveda when we met so was likely just busy and distracted.  Nonetheless, he made me quite nervous at first.  For certain he was at least, well... very dark and pained.  We spoke only briefly in passing initially, but, he said something about an Opal-eye, and this I remembered clearly from the StoneHammers story... the StoneHammer had said that the Ynnwn had pointed to his tattoo and asked many questions about the whereabouts of the axe, the opal-eye and the pterosaur... well... when I heard Kalypson speak of the Opal-eye in our first meeting I was, as I noted, a bit frightened of him and I did not pursue the matter.  Some time passed, but I saw Kalypson again in Brado's.  I'd had a Red Liquor nearly drained, so... I approached him.  Over confident perhaps due to the alcohols strength, I asked him to tell me about the Opal-eye.

Kalypson stood quietly, towering above everyone in the room.  He looked around carefully and then leaned down to the table where I had come to sit.  Without sitting then himself right away he looked me quietly in the eye, scaring me to perfect stillness.  He spoke lowly while watching others in the tavern carefully.  He rarely looked directly at me as he spoke.  What he told me chilled my bones... Kalypson relayed a tale of an aging StoneHammer woman who had found him laying in a pit of mud mixed with his own blood; his wounds were of great depth.  Using a powerful strength spell, she lifted his limp body from the muck and took him home on her mining cart.  It took a long time, but she nursed him back to health.  As she healed Kalypson, she told him how she'd seen him fall in a battle shrouded in dark clouds of magic.  That his swords alone had blazed with an unusual crystalline light that pierced the cloud and cut many wounds into his foes.  Unfortunately, the darkness overtook him in the battles end.  Elleay Comare, the StoneHammer of a great age, continued to speak with him as he healed, telling him that she had the vision as he fell that she had not had in ages.  She saw the Axe, it was near, and it could help him to regain his soul; it would free him from his darkness... Kalypson said, he knew then that "his true self was not far away."

Elleay told the Kalypson that the Axe of StoneHammer lore, a legend perhaps to many, was actually real.  That the guardians of this axe, their having it safe and putting it in the crystal light would shed clarity of true self and strengths yet unknown to us.

Finally Kalypson sat at the table, and I was shocked that he began to cry after telling me most of his tale. He then shared that he'd once been a Crystal Way mage, but, the guild wars in his land had torn this beauty from him.  Much like my Klyros village home has lost its depth of knowledge about the magicks of all the ways.  I felt his pain... and I listened on.

I learned with time that the Axe he seeks is called the "Opal-eyed Axe of the Pterosaur."  The old StoneHammer woman gave Kalypson a special Opal. It flashes with the light of all gems.  Kalypson protects the Opal for Elleay now.  He stays close to her as much as he can to protect her and to learn more.  Her caverns are rich with gems and articles of many kinds.  He reads, trains, strengthens his body daily to one day become the Axe protector.  Elleay and Kalypson together began to invite others to join their search and together they have taken  a vow as a Guild.

After learning this tale and, as I personally do believe in the power of the magicks for good and light, I joined as well. Opalescence.

It was a very personal and difficult decision to leave my previous guild, but, I had felt alone for some time... and, the magic of the Axe has drawn me in.

Do not worry that I will be distracted, my studies with Levrus continue (though I have heard some disturbing news of dark magicks resurgence and Levrus possibly being involved).  I continue to trust him, I must, I know our village needs these magicks returned.  I train hard and think of you all often.

Love
Lillini