Author Topic: Cult of THe Wheel  (Read 710 times)

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Cult of THe Wheel
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:24:41 am »
the Cult of The Wheel now formally exists. Be one of the first to learn the secrets of the creation of the goddesses. Discover the true purpose of life and death. Explore the mysteries of the universe with us.

COTW is a mystery cult dedicated to the relationship between Xiosia and Dakkru. We support the worship and worshippers of the goddesses. Philosophers and seekers of truth are welcome as members or friends of the Cult.

Speak to any Mystic of the Cult for more information.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of THe Wheel
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:38:19 pm »
interesting cult indeed... we should have a talk ;)

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 05:11:31 pm »
Bad Eonwind! No going to the Dark side!!  ;)
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 05:23:49 pm »
Bad Eonwind! No going to the Dark side!!  ;)

I won't  :D but their theological creed seems worth disscussing

Caraick

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 06:02:57 pm »
>_> If by discussion, you're meaning a lightsaber fight with the evil Sith, this is approved.  :thumbup:

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:06:05 pm »
Tsk Tsk Caraick. They aren't evil just because they have different views on the gods <.< Don't git yer jedi knickers in a bunch.  ;D

Caraick

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:44 am »

Suuuuuure they aren't.  This is what happens when they Jedi-mind trick you into thinking they're not evil, then sneak up behind you when you're least expecting it, and shank you with a double-ended lightsaber.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 05:29:38 am »
Cirerey, it is certainly preferable if you made an official thread in the "Guild Forum" in a verbose style similar to several other threads, explaining content, goals, and ranks. Except you have a specific reason not to do that even in "OOC public"...

But because I know a little bit about the background, I certainly recommend it, because it is (IMHO, not being a Settings member) a quite consistent project already, which could support the Settings in case this chapter is not yet fully developed.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 07:03:57 am »
>_> If by discussion, you're meaning a lightsaber fight with the evil Sith, this is approved.  :thumbup:

like having a "combative negotiate" ?  ;D

Having a better explanation (in the forum) would be much appreciated ;)

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 07:49:35 am »
LigH makes a good point. I'd love to hear more about this guild, and look forward to speaking ICly with the guild members.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 09:06:25 am »
[OOCly, since this is a mystery cult. We never discuss our mysteries with the uninitiated]

The Cult of the Wheel is an organization, currently structured as a guild, dedicated to understanding the mysteries of creation and of life and death. Our beliefs include that Xiosia and Dakkru were created together as twins for the purpose of turning and regulating the wheel of time using an orderly flow of souls to do so. We also believe that the worship of Xiosia and Dakkru are not in conflict, Xiosia is the Goddess of Life, Dakkru is the Goddess of Death. One cannot exist without the other. We are open to the study of other arcana as well. Wisdom is what we do. We encourage normal worship in our adherents, we are in addition to this, not in place of.

We are structured in two branches, one for the followers of each goddess. Each branch is run by a Master Mystic who supervises the Mystics of that branch. There are also lower ranks for people who are not ready, or do not wish to be in one of the branches. The branches and unbranched are supervised by a Grand Master Mystic.

While what we study is a secret, our existence is not.

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 09:07:45 am »
Oh, and we aren't the dark side. We are the Chiaroscuro side.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 06:41:59 pm »
Common misunderstanding of mystical studies is that mystical means secret or secret makes it mystical. That's wrong. It's not the fact of secrecy (i.e. information hidden from you by others) that is the integral part of mystical. And such secrecy isn't really essential for mysticism. “Secrecy” here should refer to unattainable perception level, non graspable essence (for some mind). Different level of perception would mean “studying” the mystery (for example by unification with the divine). At least that's what a common definition of mystical study is. All this is probably well known, but from the comments above it appeared to me that technical secrecy was posed as the mystical aspect.

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 09:42:54 am »
No, I just don't always write as well as I might.  :)

To clarify. We are both secret and mystical!