Author Topic: [ GUILD ] Esprit de Corps  (Read 730 times)

Cehrazad

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
[ GUILD ] Esprit de Corps
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:58:02 pm »
New Guild formed due to recent scores of murders, mayhem and oppression in the main cities.

Opposing: Power-Mongering, Thuggery, Sadist Behaviors (such as public disfigurement or  murder).

For: Citizen Advancement, Opportunity and Economic Freedom

Wanted: Knights and Fighting Monks as Defense Force, Economic Strategists, Logistical Professionals and Magictricians of all capabilities. 

For: ACTIVELY defending and building opportunity through positive, constructive and forward thinking behaviors.

Join!

Contact Vivalle, Sherell, Cehrazad, others in Esprit de Corp

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
Re: [ GUILD ] Esprit de Corps
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:24:33 pm »
just some friendly advice, this post should outline much more info, maybe some history and purpos, can't really say what else but take a look at some of the other older guilds for instance theoutlaws, yeah yeah i know i'm in it :P, dark empire, adani order, knowledge seekers and house cheshire just to name a few as example.
hapy xmas btw :)

Cehrazad

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:43:14 pm »
[OOC]:   :D
Thanks for the advice.  This guild is brand new, born from RP in game and due to (as stated in the prior post, though I agree not as in depth as it could have been) the current state of affairs in Hydlaa in particular where a low class of thugs run rampantly about doing as they please; including murder, disfigurement and altogether nasty behavior in public. 

So, the history is to be written by those who join. 

[IC]:
This is an opportunity to impact the entire of Yliakum; join now and write the history as we make it that we can all be proud of.

The purpose of this guild is to pose a course of educated, knightly, and other behaviors befitting the highest standards of commonwealth and citizenry. 

Actions this guild could take might include, but will not be limited to, as the guild is being formed NOW by those who join and help guide its wholesome structure:

• Events that inform and guide citizenship to high ideals (for example possibly: craft fairs, sponsoring free concerts, guiding apprenticeship programs and donating sums to the betterment of all of Yliakum (such as the museum or community centers, rather than accumulating for accumlation sake or hoarding).
  • Training programs in the defensive arts (dueling and/or defensive positions)
  • Cultural Development through support of actors, writers, artists and musicians in their work
  • Politics of the Dome: Discussions for strategies on increasing membership in programs and populations of the cities overall.
  • Forge Alliances across many guilds that can together combat actively and/or stand between the thugs and muggers... and their innocent victims.

There's very little that this guild can't do, because it has not history to hang onto, it is writing its own way at this time with only the guidance of a few basic principles... to counter the thuggery currently allowed in our home, Hydlaa.

[OOC]: Does this help?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:49:57 pm by Cehrazad »

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 01:21:26 am »
Just another tip, when naming a guild it is OOC to use any form of language in the real world except English (however note, English is not called English in Yliakum it's called Common). Sorry dude but French isn't known in Yliakum  :(
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:00:08 pm »
Vakachehk: You'd have to discout guilds such as Pax Amor, Ordo Phalanster, and other guilds with names from Latin, or other "Real-life" languages.  If you check the "how-to" guild page, you'll find several examples listed of guild names from Latin, or similar "old" languages. 

I rather like the names, and the idea. Good luck, guys.  :thumbup:
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:25:11 am »
No game is ever going to get latin out of its system. People just think it sounds too darned cool. And honestly, I don't see the problem. If anyone asks about the name, they can just say "It sounds cool and it's easy to figure out what it means." They don't have to reference the latin language.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 11:40:46 am »
Precisely.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 05:46:10 pm »
Just another tip, when naming a guild it is OOC to use any form of language in the real world except English (however note, English is not called English in Yliakum it's called Common). Sorry dude but French isn't known in Yliakum  :(

Can you use IG languages? I personally don't see any problem with the language, since it's a name.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 10:38:20 pm »
next hint: you can edit your first post also, it's easier to read than have to go thrue all the other posts, moreso when the thread gets more pages heh

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 11:24:13 pm »
not to get off course, but even English contains numerous words gained from latin and other 'foreign' or 'archaic' languages. Are we to refrain from using those words in play because they stem from a culture absent from this world?

Here's my support for you in the creation, formation, and sustaining a new guild. Dakkru knows it ain't easy.

all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Cehrazad

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 06:56:05 am »
Thank you for the support and the interesting discussion.  Recruitment is open.  Please contact any guild member for application.