Author Topic: what makes you want to join a guild?  (Read 605 times)

sunhear

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
what makes you want to join a guild?
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:04:29 pm »
What criteria do you join a guild on?

Be general like race, religion etc... but if there is only under cretin conditions on which you would use a criteria on please state Example  race but only if a dwarf

Jotiles Sorkey

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: what makes you want to join a guild?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:08:09 pm »
I think maybe the strongest motivators for me would be in-game friendship, group acceptance of my character and a willingness for my character to support a common purpose. I tend to make closer friends with people I feel have common interests, morals, skill focus and views but I also feel its important to have a good sense of humor and a desire to find ways to have genuine fun too... O--)

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:23 am »
OOC reason for me would be that it is a RP guild. I guess otherwise I wouldn't even feel like joining anyway.

ICly... it depends on my char actually. It has to fit to what purpose they look in a guild. One char I play for about 2 1/2 months now, isn't in a guild at all cause she didn't find one yet that really would fit or serve its purpose.
A purpose can vary from looking for friendship like what Jotiles said, or looking for some kind of cover for a more shady character. Other might be tricked in joining a guild, or they look for a place where they have a regular work. There can be many reasons.

The main reason for me is the OOC reason since I wouldn't even consider joining if it isn't a RP guild.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:59 am »
A few factors without particular order:
  • An interesting and unique guild purpose. There is little interest in stereotype guilds on my side. See Groucho Marx about clubs ... marginally.
  • A guild with goals matching my character's profile — to some degree; well, it may be a challenge to try to enter one a char doesn't fit in at all.
  • Getting convinced and enthused. Guild members should be creative regarding their recruitment activities and convey interest in the recruit.
  • Activity, presence, enrichment of the IC life with personalities

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 01:21:53 am »
To me, a guild is not much help if the members do not or will not help one-another. The guild I am in helps each other and members of other guilds.

I like the mix of races and personalities.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 02:46:26 am »
This really depends on what kind of player you are. When I started out, I was interested in getting into a guild so I could train better and not be just playing ps by myself. Later on, those members moved to the hack and slash server. I joined another, for no good reason and stayed there for a while even though i wasn't crazy about it. Finally, I wanted to learn about role play, so I did some research on the forums and narrowed my choices down to either the dark empire or the outlaws, and tried to contact a member about joining.

I think in summary, you want a guild that matches your goals.. look at it as a vehicle or a means to get there.

bilbous

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:29:38 am »
Absolutely nothing :) maybe if I get rich enough to compete for a guildhouse I will create a vanity, alt guild, but that's not too likely.