Author Topic: [Cult] Dakkru's Enlightened and Devout  (Read 879 times)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
[Cult] Dakkru's Enlightened and Devout
« on: March 29, 2012, 01:00:12 pm »
*-*-*Dakkru's Enlightened and Devout*-*-*

Background

Dakkru's Enlightened and Devout is a religious order established in service of Dakkru, the Goddess of Death. Upon her appearance and revelation, Dakkru called for such an order. Followers of her faith are dedicated to the preservation of the Dark Crystal and the collection of its shards, in combating atheism and agnosticism and those who wish harm against the Gods, in providing last rites, as well as preserving the legacy of the Truly Dead. Dakkru is the darkness from which all things form and all things return. Death is not something to be feared, but a state of enlightenment, a return to the source. Life is a disruption in the purity of her form. True Death, and the return to her manifold is a goal to be achieved through faithful service. For a more narrative background to the order, please read A Life Devoted the story of one member's induction and rise through the ranks of the order.

The Hydlaa Sect was first established by the Clamod Fenki known as Lazarene, who claimed to be born directly from Dakkru in the image of the dead Miomai Lashing. She soon gained a small following, but just as soon disappeared without a trace. The small sect is currently being led by the reckless Icerra Meibi.

The symbol of the faith is a trefoil knot encompassing three orbs. The orbs represent the three pillars of being, the Body, the Mind, and the Spirit. The knot represents the mortal coil, which binds the three pillars together into a unified being. True Death is the severing of the mortal coil, and the freeing of the seperate aspects of being. This is the ultimate goal in service to Dakkru.

Organization

The guild is built to follow three separate but unified paths which are reflected again in the guild symbol, the Path of the Body, Path of the Mind, and Path of the Spirit.

The guild ranks are:

Lost Soul: A novice in the sect, A Lost Soul is one who is left wandering and seeking direction. The only true direction is Death, as it is the ultimate fate for all things.
Shade: One who has taken the sacred Oath and Vow and has dedicated themselves in the service of Dakkru.

After Shade, one must choose which path to follow:

Path of Body:
Valkyrie: Divine soldiers in her Dark Majesty's service. Angels of the battlefield, their sole purpose is to send the most powerful warriors to the care of the Goddess. Serve under Cerberus.
Cerberus: Guardians of the Goddess and her realm. Only proven warriors or arcane masters. The Kali's personal guard. Serve under Kali.

Path of Mind:
Ferryman: A guide for Lost Souls and teacher for Shades. Serves as a guide for those lost in the Death Realm. Serve under Psychopomp.
Psychopomp: Keepers of Lore and Ancient Knowledge. Storytellers and teachers. Researchers into the Death Realm and the Mysteries of Dakkru. Masters of the Arcane Arts. Serve under Kali.

Path of Spirit:
Inguma: Interpreter of divine messages from the Goddess. Serves minor role in prayer services, sacrificial rites, etc. Serve under Thanatos
Thanatos: Priests of the Order. Trusted leaders of the guild. Keepers of the altar. Perform leading roles in all ceremonies, provide last will and testament, final rites for the dying. Also provides care for the recently returned. Serve under Kali.

Kali: High Priest. Leader of the Order. Speaks for the Goddess, has final say in all guild matters. Just as the Mortal Coil binds the Body, Mind, and Spirit, the Kali binds the Three Paths into a unified whole.

Above Kali but not represented in the ranks of the guild (we are limited to 9 ranks) are Ancestors and Dakkru herself:
Ancestor: A member who has left the mortal realm and has made complete reconciliation with Dakkru. Ancestors should have their names praised along with Dakkru, for they are one with Her.
Dakkru: The one and only Truth. She is the End of all things.

There is a strong emphasis on the Master:Student relationship within the guild. Once you choose a path, you will serve under a member a rank above you. The only way to rise in rank is to defeat your master.

OOC Information

This guild is set up to be a purely RP guild. We are looking for members who have a good sense of character. Guild members are welcome to level and advance their characters as they see fit, as long as they stick with their chosen path. But, if you are looking for a guild to help pay for your training and provide you with quest cheats or whatnot, you're looking in the wrong place.

We are not necessarily an evil guild, although there is a longstanding bias against Dakkru and her followers because most people see death as something to fear, and thus evil. Dakkruists wish to change that attitude, sometimes through rather harsh and forceful means ;)

Also note, the full name of the guild is Dakkru's Enlightened and Devout, which can be shortened to the appropriate acronym DEaD. Because of mechanical restraints, the guild tag in game is simply Dakkrus Devout.

Please Join Us On Our Forums
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:24:39 am by Aramara Meibi »
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [Cult] Dakkru's Enlightened and Devout
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:02:33 pm »
Nice! I'm sure there are lots of homeless dakkruists around, I have a charachter in this guild and I recommend it to anyone who would like to create or express a follower of Dakkru through their actual roleplays.  :sorcerer:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:04:25 pm by Chessire »

ether

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 04:11:13 pm »
Haha, it's kind of humorous to me that Miomai actually went through with naming the guild that after Qile proposed the name as a joke in RP.  I'm seeing the names of a few very talented RPers endorsing this guild, so I'm glad to see it's up and running!  Good luck to you guys and I hope your guild bears many delicious, delicious RP fruits.  :D

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 04:48:17 pm »
WB Qile! It may have been a joke, but it's a fitting name, so thanks for the inspiration. There's been more interest membership, so I'm excited to see where we can take things.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 05:42:12 pm »
WB Qile! It may have been a joke, but it's a fitting name, so thanks for the inspiration. There's been more interest membership, so I'm excited to see where we can take things.

Straight into the nearest fireplace whenever Trav feels suitably up to some slaughtering.  ;D

But yeah it is fun,

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 05:51:00 pm »

Straight into the nearest fireplace whenever Trav feels suitably up to some slaughtering.  ;D

But yeah it is fun,

you'd think with as much as Trav enjoys slaughtering and burninating, he'd be one of us :P

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:25:24 am »
updated with a link to our forums

http://dakkrusenlightenedanddevout.org/forums/

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 03:43:49 pm »

But yeah it is fun,

you'd think with as much as Trav enjoys slaughtering and burninating, he'd be one of us :P
[/quote]
You ever seen The Adani? MOre chaos and disorder than you could ever hope to sow.  :-X

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:56:00 pm »
You ever seen The Adani? MOre chaos and disorder than you could ever hope to sow.  :-X

So much so that when the two terms Adani and Order are strung together, they form an oxymoron.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 12:54:04 am »
Used to be called the Adani Disorder by a lot. Travosh himself usually says Adani Rabble.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 09:16:07 am »
 ;D I would give the following a peruse before making such a declaration of Aramara's creative abilities on so miniscule a detail.

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=39339.0

[url]http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40749.msg458143#new]http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40540.0[url]
[url]http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40749.msg458143#new

(That and the worst writer in history will always be Stephanie Meyer  :@#\, the rest are merely bad at a mediocre level and probably have at least something salvageable. So many many many shallow characters.)

* Mariana Xiechai weeps bitterly.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:30 am »
There is a strong emphasis on the Master:Student relationship within the guild. Once you choose a path, you will serve under a member a rank above you. The only way to rise in rank is to defeat your master.

Ripping off one of history's worst writers doesn't cast your imaginative skills in the most flattering of lights.

I'm at an absolute loss of who you may be referring to. The only thing I can think of that uses this idea in recent popular culture is the Sith Lord:Apprentice structure, where it is certain that the apprentice will betray and overthrow their master.

This idea of ascension through the death of the master is in no way a genuine one and is in fact a direct invocation of the Hero's Journey as codified by the comparative mythologist Joseph Campbell. This cycle was a major influence on George Lucas when writing Star Wars, and this specific trope is done well when Luke watches Obi Wan die at the hands of Vader.

So maybe you're referring to George Lucas when you say 'one of history's worst writer', which is probably tantamount to inciting a flame war on the internets and should be dismissed as simple trolling, or maybe you are referring to Joseph Campbell, in which I can only say I disagree, for I basically live and breathe on every word ever uttered by the man.

If you would like to further your education, then here

and May Dakkru Take Yer Soul

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 01:36:49 pm »
Let's all just calm down? How about some jazz so we can forget all of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKDu6cdXLI
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 01:46:40 pm »
clear your mind, leave it all behind.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:39 pm »
I'd totally buy one of those patterns from you to...
Hey Aramara, I wonder if I could knit that into a scarf or something? Hm...Ideas, ideas...