Author Topic: [GUILD/ORGANIZATION] Hydlaa Asylum  (Read 609 times)

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
[GUILD/ORGANIZATION] Hydlaa Asylum
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:08:14 am »
The Hydlaa Asylum

First off, you should know that the Hydlaa Asylum is going to take a while to become a thing. I have real-life issues going on and there's a lot of role play to be done to lead up to the Asylum becoming an in-character part of Hydlaa, but due to the evident interest in this now that I've let the cat enki lemur out of the bag, I'm going to just post the thread now. The description may or may not change in the future, depending on where the aforementioned roleplay goes.

I am open to suggestions as to how both the organization and this thread can be improved.

Overview
The Hydlaa Asylum is a non-profit organization aiming to provide a safe, comfortable place for the mentally ill citizens of the Dome. The organization is made up of doctors and nurses, patients, donors, and those who wish to support the Asylum in other capacities (such as volunteering), and will run entirely on donations unless its people can manage to persuade the Octarchy to fund it. Players will not have to join the guild if they don't want to, hence the addition of "organization" to the title.

History/Settings

After years of searching Yliakum, Daintywhisp Locay had failed to find a safe haven for her mentally ill mother. Shortly after arriving in Hydlaa, she resolved to become a psychologist and found the Hydlaa Asylum. She seeks other compassionate, intelligent people to join her in her quest to provide a sanctuary where the mentally ill can be cared for, studied, and perhaps even cured.

Guild Ranks:

• Head Nurse - Responsible for running the Asylum
  • Doctor - Responsible for diagnoses, research, and treatment of the patients
  • Nurse - Responsible for the treating the patients and ensuring their comfort
  • High-Risk Patient - Patients who pose a danger to themselves and/or others. May be kept in isolation.
  • Patient - Just that, may be kept in the asylum once we have a building or allowed some independence so long as they come back for check-ups regularly.
  • Janitor - [Honestly, I'm not sure I'm going to keep this rank.] Staff responsible for cleaning and tidying the Asylum for a small [and most likely just roleplayed] wage.
  • Security- Keep the patients safe, report any assaults, thefts, etc. that happen in  the Asylum to the guards

Getting Involved

PM Candy or contact Daintywhisp or one of my other characters in-game.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:14:10 am by Candy »
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD/ORGANIZATION] Hydlaa Asylum
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 02:40:19 am »
I wonder where this Asylum will be located ... hopefully not where the Whispers can be heard. :P

And Dr. Forita might be glad that he could not yet find the author of this poster on the billboard. He is surgeon. And mental issues ... are a quite different topic for him.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:46:28 am »
That's one of Daintywhisp's biggest challenges to face, she's only met one other psychologist...but all medically-trained people are useful, after all, once you put the high-risk patients in a room with each other/anyone, a surgeon might be needed. ;D
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

ludwigusdescartium

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 07:56:01 am »
The ability to now play Doctors And Nurses online will doubtless attract a certain segment of Planeshift "roleplayers". Do report back after one of them drops by to offer a "sample".

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:22:36 pm »
You might need azure way mages as well.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 02:26:57 pm »
*Ziljhi Laneri bows his head amiably and offers his assistance whenever it becomes necesary.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 07:15:53 pm »
The ability to now play Doctors And Nurses online will doubtless attract a certain segment of Planeshift "roleplayers". Do report back after one of them drops by to offer a "sample".

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, amputations may be offered in response.

You might need azure way mages as well.

This is true, knowing Azure and/or Crystal will be an asset for anyone wishing to help out. Given how common these are, though, I think making "mage" a  rank would be redundant - in a world where it's possible to literally read someone's mind, I think almost all psychologists/psychiatrists would study AW.
Role Play Preferences

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:42:40 pm »
I wonder if Thorian's potion might be useful to control the patients. Sounds like fun, but if they didn't repond to my cw spells, I'd have to fry them with rw. ;D

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:44 pm »
I don't know, Dainty wants a safe place unlike most Asylums of the time period PS is based on...I don't think they'll be experimenting with electroshock therapy for quite some time xD
Role Play Preferences

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:06 am »
Really interesting idea, Candy... right on! :thumbup:

Gotta admit when I read "Asylum" I immediately thought some kind of lockup for lunatics  :@#\, not a healing environment.  :devil:
And the underutilized Outpost, with it's many tents and beds, and kitchen, might be a good place to house the facility? maybe, just an idea... :innocent:

:o RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 05:35:01 pm »
Yeah, "Asylum" has connotations, but I wasn't sure "Hydlaa Home for the Mentally Ill" was short enough to be a guild name ;)

I was thinking of applying for a guild house in the long run should this be a success, but that's brilliant, Roled! Bit of a run, but at the same time it's nice and isolated from the more oft-accepted insanity of life right in the city. Of course it also increases the need for security - there are still Ulbers on BD2, right? ;D
Role Play Preferences

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 09:28:06 pm »
I would say see if you could get a nearby attachment put there since I hear some people lag out there. It's very item heavy.

Eardstapa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 02:46:55 am »
i really like the idea, i can think of some characters i'd drag there  ::), and i think the connotations of the name ("Asylum") add to the richness and RP potential!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 06:47:23 am »
Yeah, "Asylum" has connotations...

Klyr-Man will have to watch over those Jokers and Riddlers in or out there... ;)

»

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 02:46:59 am »
Given my one experience thus far with a character modelled off the Joker, I doubt I'll be playing any Harley Quinns...someone else'll have to fill that role xD
Role Play Preferences