Author Topic: [Organization] The Dark Empire  (Read 10044 times)

SpidaManz111

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
[Organization] The Dark Empire
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:37:29 pm »
The Dark Empire
The Era of the Warden

As you walk through the streets of Hydlaa, you may happen to find an old and withered letter, yet the writing on it still seems to be well readable.

Dear friend,
as to your inquest concerning the Empire, I have asked a few questions (I was careful not to be too inquisitive as you requested) as well as obtained some literature from the library which might help you in your investigation.

An exerpt from "Imperial History (Revised Edition)":

The absence of the Emperor, whom many Imperials at that time had never seen, did in no conceivable way contribute to the reversing of the decline that had started with Roberet Goldsmith replacing our beloved chancellor Parallo Dorage.
After a dreadful period of inactivity in which the Empire's name was but mentioned in tales to frighten the innocent, the Inner Circle, always keeping a watchful eye on the Imperial Cause from lands far away and uncharted, decreed that her highness Seria de Belores, the first Imperial Warden, assume power in place of the Emperor in his absence.
She arrived finding nothing but an abandoned and looted headquarters, but with the infinite resources and deep pockets of the Inner Circle, order was swiftly restored.
A quick investigation in certain establishments, which should be avoided by the faint hearted and married, yielded that the late Roberet Goldsmith pawned all of the Empire's possessions to finance perversions too twisted to be written down. Our Warden, forgiving and just, decreed the House of Goldsmith to be stripped of all its honours and titles but the one it most treasured, the one of court jesters, so that Roberet and his children may amuse the Warden and her council into all eternity.
The Council then decided to revoke the erroneous decrees of the last Emperor, restoring the religious neutrality of the Empire and reestablishing the four forces.
With the Imperial Order thus restored, the Empire was again ready to pursue the Imperial Cause.

The Dark Empire and its structure as laid down by Imperial Structure Decree

As decreed by the Warden and her Inner Council, the Empire has four fundamental branches that manage its affairs:
  • The Imperial Trades, whose task it is to manage the Emprie's economy and finances
  • The Arcane Force, which deals with all the matters of the mind
  • The Shadow Force that keeps an eye on the Empire's enemies
  • The Steel Force that defends and fights in the name of the Empire
The Empire itself is ruled by the Inner Council, which consists of its most honoured members as well as the Warden and the Overlords of the four forces, two members of which I was able to identify. Jilata Rerek, Overlord of the Imperial Trades, and Seria de Belores, the Warden.
The Empire maintains a strict hierarchical order, the Warden oversees the Empire's activities and determines how to best advance the Imperial Cause, whereas the four Overlords govern their forces with largely autonomously.

I have considered joining their ranks to obtain a complete list of those on the Inner Council for you, I shall approach either Seria, the Warden, or Jilata directly, maybe even leave a note for them on their doorstep.

Your friend

P.S.
I think I can get you a complete list of names otherwise, I have met a contact that might sell me that information, I shall meet him right after I send you this letter.

The letter is stained by a few drops of blood.

ludwigusdescartium

Re: [Organization] The Dark Empire
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 06:45:53 pm »
Why are Planeshift letters always stained in blood? One assumes letter writing is reserved for times of major arterial injury.

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:41:12 pm »
Stress of intelligibly putting words together on paper causes nosebleeds.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:22:27 pm »
Why are Planeshift letters always stained in blood? One assumes letter writing is reserved for times of major arterial injury.

Because it wouldn't be a trope if everyone stopped doing it. ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 05:37:24 am »
Trope, hah. Just keeping the tradition of Edgar Wallace movie intros. ;D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

SpidaManz111

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 06:33:01 am »
It's that darn ink we are using. Mix with water and it turns into blood. And no, we can't change that. We need to save our money for more evil purposes such as orphaning orphans.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:34:54 am by SpidaManz111 »

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 10:29:55 am »
Good luck SpadaManz111 !
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

ludwigusdescartium

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 05:58:02 am »
His nom de plume is "SpidaManz111", not "SpadaManz111". Show some respect Jekkarse.

SpidaManz111

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 02:55:56 pm »
Jekkar clearly misses hanging with the in-crowd.

ludwigusdescartium

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 03:16:56 am »
Mr SpidaManz, whilst I have granted you permission to restore the Empire to glory, I haven't granted you permission to trash talk the inestimable Jekkar. And fyi, it's the "in-crowd" that wishes to hang with Jekkar, not vice versa.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 04:28:04 am »
A new guild I see. ;)

Just kidding, I like this. I'll enjoy seeing the roleplay.

SpidaManz111

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 04:52:40 am »
Mr SpidaManz, whilst I have granted you permission to restore the Empire to glory, I haven't granted you permission to trash talk the inestimable Jekkar. And fyi, it's the "in-crowd" that wishes to hang with Jekkar, not vice versa.

You could not come up with anything but a modified Chuck Norris joke? Well, consider me disappointed.

Also, what is roleplay?

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 04:59:15 am »
It's this...thing. It's....complicated.

Suffice to say, you put on a silly hat and dance around. Then talk about how RP is dead, make a forum post, and come back a year later with a different silly hat.

SpidaManz111

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 06:55:12 am »
Sounds like something I could do.

ludwigusdescartium

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 07:51:26 am »

You could not come up with anything but a modified Chuck Norris joke? Well, consider me disappointed.

I don't know who this "Chuck Norris" fellow is, but allow me to disabuse you of the notion that what disappoints you matters to me.

Also, what is roleplay?

Please, don't indulge the halfwits.