Author Topic: [Guild] Blood Tria Syndicate  (Read 781 times)

bloodedIrishman

[Guild] Blood Tria Syndicate
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:53:51 am »
Blood Tria Syndicate

Purpose

The illegal acquisition of wealth and power.

Hierarchy

Associate
Raven
Soldier
Bookie
Spymaster
Underboss
Boss

Associates are paid according to each service rendered. They are not trusted. Ravens are trusted spies, acting under Spymaster orders. Soldiers are trusted enforcers under Underboss rule. The Spymaster controls the Ravens and runs intelligence operations. Underbosses are each given a special rank and role. The Boss rules over the entire Syndicate without question. All rise according to merit. All major efforts are under Boss rule.

Recruitment

All are welcome. You must be respectful and roleplay. There is a vetting process in character. Send Kull a whisper or bloodedIrishman a message for more information.

Rules

Common courtesy is required.
We are secret. Act accordingly.

Storyline

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:33:47 pm by bloodedIrishman »

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: [Guild] Blood Tria Syndicate
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:09:02 pm »
This is in no way meant as a personal attack, but I have to ask:

Do we really need one more guild?

We still have a low number of players, and more guilds lead to smaller guilds with less activity.
Personally I  believe that new guilds are pretty much the last thing we need right now. What do others think about this?

Gonger aka The Devil's Advocate

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:15:17 pm »
I have five active players and more to come. This is the inheritor of The Cutthroats. Moreover, players who tend to join this kind of guild don't usually join most of the other guilds. Do you see what I mean? There isn't much friction.

Thank you for the compliment  ;D

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 11:51:53 pm »

The question seems to have an air of guild snobbery about it.  :-\

Sounds like a perfect home for an alt in my stable.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 11:53:13 pm »
You park that alt, Nova ;)

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:16:25 am »

In all likelihood, yes.  Player counts aren't low because there is too much going on in the game.  That's silly.  If this new guild causes stuff to happen in the game, especially with new players, then it's far more likely to increase player count than lower it.

tl;dr: When stuff happens in the game, players like it.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 02:26:09 am »
Gonger, roleplay with us! You'll see us for the lovely people we are OOCly and the bastards we are ICly! Thank you tman.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 12:54:46 pm »
Apparently most people have a different view of this. It is just that whenever I do "/who", I see many guilds with only 1 or 2 players (including my guild - so much for snobbery!),  and maybe 1 or 2 guilds with more players.
If your guild will have many active players, hooray! But does not everybody think that their new guild will make the difference?
Of course I will roleplay with you. Or against you? What you say about your guild sounds quite antagonistic to the Bounty Hunters...  >:(  ;D

We will see which way things go...

Greetings to all,

Gonger

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 02:20:46 pm »
But does not everybody think that their new guild will make the difference?

My approach to my guild has been to make some difference. Many members have been active in real life getting careers together and the like. They are seen infrequently at the moment. Our guild is associated with Talad and is situated near the Gug Temple so effort is made to keep the flowers fresh on the temple altar and a copy of Talad's Appearance on hand. It may make some difference if someone stumbles upon the place. The notice of it's existence was taken off the Gug Bulliten Board by someone recently. Normally other offerings are made each visit. Some armour, a sword, whatever good noob loot was dropped that day.

The guild house is open to rp. This week we have had multi-day guest(s) and 5-6 characters using the space for rp.

So you leave it to the arbitrary markers and the BoT is deleted and our house barred. What exactly was achieved? There are lots of doors the issue seems a vague one at best.

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 09:03:03 pm »
Apparently most people have a different view of this. It is just that whenever I do "/who", I see many guilds with only 1 or 2 players (including my guild - so much for snobbery!),  and maybe 1 or 2 guilds with more players.
If your guild will have many active players, hooray! But does not everybody think that their new guild will make the difference?

RP doesn't have to be (and IMHO shouldn't be) divided along guild lines.  Two active members of a guild can create RP for the entire population.  It's about finding a guild that matches your character, not just joining the most popular club like its rush week freshman year  :P
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 04:50:14 am »
I have updated Syndicate ranks. Our numbers grow and we continue to recruit. Check out the Syndicate storyline: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41436.0.

Come roleplay with us in-game!  :)

Kaerli_Stronwylle

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 12:35:04 am »
Depending on what happens with a couple of other storylines and my charslot situation, I might work on dropping a char in there (unfortunately, at the time you made this, Eleese already ate one of my baddies, although I have another one that *could* work.  I'm going to need a lot of help with getting an apropos level of subtlety in my dark/evil RP though!)

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 03:57:30 am »
The Syndicate is one the top most active and roleplay focused guilds on the server. So, please join us with a main character! It's quite a bit of fun.

Each member receives a stipend.

I have also updated ranks.

Much love.

Irelander

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 12:18:47 am »
More the merrier, I say.  If guild numbers get thin- time for a merger.

Irelander

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 12:20:25 am »
This will be an interesting guild once the thief mechanics are implemented.  I'm excited for the RP potentional.  Now, what should I hire BTS for first. . .