Author Topic: Rogues Rebooted  (Read 1473 times)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Rogues Rebooted
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 06:48:06 pm »
It shocks me to hear Vayl got a bad rep. She was always a doll in tells and a blast to rp with, I only regret I got to do both very little. Others have only had good to say about her from what I've experienced. It's really sad to know she got stuck with a negative image.

If she comes back we'll be sure to love on her ;D

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »
Well not the player, but the character.... I think Vayl became more of a target than what was realistic. Anyway... we'll see if the poutine works.  :p

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 08:42:34 pm »
There,s a level of evul somewhere between petty crime and maniacal necromancers likewise missing from rp, and that is political corruption and conspiracy, or corruption in other institutional powers. I guess the quests give a hint of such flavor in the world, but since PCs can not rise to any such level of authority, there are really no means for players to run such plots. I tried to do something in this vein through a forum rp, but it petered out :/
I think it'd be cool to pull off. Maybe I've been watching too much x-files.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Semutara

• Hydlaa Resident
  • I am awsome - live with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 03:06:48 am »
But, but, but... I do my best to be not all good and stir up all those pretty sweet little ones wandering around these days  :innocent: :'(

But I agree about your points of view. The nutties are fun, but shortlived. Stiring up things wisely AND get to use the daggers is an art ;)

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 06:12:26 pm »
There,s a level of evul somewhere between petty crime and maniacal necromancers likewise missing from rp, and that is political corruption and conspiracy, or corruption in other institutional powers. I guess the quests give a hint of such flavor in the world, but since PCs can not rise to any such level of authority, there are really no means for players to run such plots. I tried to do something in this vein through a forum rp, but it petered out :/
I think it'd be cool to pull off. Maybe I've been watching too much x-files.

Totally agree! It would be so cool to see all the shades of grey between a total angel character and the most wicked creature you can think of. The diversity of the characters is one of the driving forces in making PS interesting to RPers, so some things in place to encourage it (guilds like this, for example) could make a big difference :D

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 10:48:25 pm »
Well I believe we have the right tenets to create something wonderful.

One important thing is to be completely willing to separate IC from OOC and play someone who is truly flawed, not someone who just makes mistakes but easily fixes them.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:32:26 am by Garris Shrike »
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch