Author Topic:  (Read 2912 times)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: February 26, 2004, 02:19:10 pm »
The other boards are fine, as far as we\'re concerned. Spam is minimal, threads are kept in the correct place, recurrent questions are being deleted. Unless you mean Hydlaa? In which case, read its description. :P

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 02:21:33 pm »
Moderators will delete obvious spam, overly hateful flames, and cussing

Perhaps you should read the description again.  As you do none of those things.[/COLOR]

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 02:33:21 pm »
Axs- I haven\'t just been complaining.  I have actually talked to the moderators personally about the problems on the boards and as usual it is ignored.

Mogura-Spam , Spam, Spam, though it was closed eventually, Spam

To name a few.
And if you think I am the only one against it- ASM

<Aendar>...

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 02:48:38 pm »
Xanaroth are you really so stupid?  The other thread is for posting rules.  Not questions about the rules.  It\'s for posting the rules.

<Aendar>...

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 02:50:30 pm »
Xanaroth: reply to your post from other thread, which is not place for discussion:

people don\'t know old rules because they weren\'t told, seriously, show me where can you see guild forum rules.
And with new ones, mods would (at least) know what should get deleted according to users
AKA Skald

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 02:55:54 pm »
On MiseTings there is a most excellent rule: 2. Don\'t be a jackass.
So what if you weren\'t allowed to be an idiot on the guilds forums, and idiodic posts were deleted? Wouldn\'t that be nice?

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 02:57:10 pm »
It would be nice...

<Aendar>...

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 04:02:21 pm »
Originally posted by AendarCallenlasse
Axs- I haven\'t just been complaining.  I have actually talked to the moderators personally about the problems on the boards and as usual it is ignored.

Mogura-Spam , Spam, Spam, though it was closed eventually, Spam

To name a few.
And if you think I am the only one against it- ASM

Three-quarters of that is from you-know-who.  
Is he back yet?

Anyway, people here spam playfully.  Why?  I dunno, they just do.  (It is a crime of which I am guilty)
I guess people just like to talk, hm?
:P
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

SnowWolf

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 04:16:31 pm »
-Post only if you can add to the conversation
-Treat fellow forum goers with respect
-Do NOT respond to posts that break the first two rules

Pretty simple I think :D

edit: Silly me, I posted this in the wrong thread, could a mod please move it? :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 04:18:01 pm by SnowWolf »

From the Ranks of the Arcane Order

SnowWolf

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 04:33:40 pm »
Since I\'m not sure if this would qualify as rules exactly...I\'ll post here:

This:
http://www.planeshift3d.com/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=7689&boardid=18&page=10  as well as other examples given here.

It is quite obvious whether or not people are \"clear\" on the rules here...that should not be allowed to happen.

Do your damn job.

EDIT: The last 1.5 pages and a whole lot of in-between junk...not the argument/guild info though
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 04:43:55 pm by Kiern »

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 04:46:14 pm »
*whine*... ignore the spam, and go add some of those constructive thoughts you must be wasting on this to something else....

I don\'t get the part you keep brining up that these boards are on the brink of \"spamnation\". It doesn\'t make sense for you to be whining about, since i haven\'t seen it get in the way of any really good \"new\" ideas.. maybe that\'s just me, but still, this whining is becoming just as big a nuisance to me as the \"imaginary\" spam going on...

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 04:46:56 pm »
Very well, I will try to rule now with an iron fist for a while and delete anything I want.  Then when people scream CENSORSHIP! CENSORSHIP! I will back off for a while.  

If you have any complaints then bring them to me and I will deal with them then.  I\'m not sure how the report button works but I have never received a single report on it about spam or other issues people seem to have.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 06:01:15 pm »
We have said from the beginning that Hydlaa Plaza would be much more tolerant of chatter and pointless posting than the other boards.

Also, we tolerate all the pointless arguing in the guilds forum because there isn\'t really anything else to do or talk about as a guild.

Aendar, all your spam examples are from Hydlaa Plaza.  Come up with spam examples from General or Wishlist and perhaps I will agree that you have a point and not simply whining, but until then I will keep my current opinion.

- Vengeance

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 06:06:03 pm »
Venge the forums contain more than two boards.  I\'m sure you\'re right, if I looked in either of those boards there would be little spam there.  But those boards aren\'t as frequently visited as Hydlaa and the Guilds Forums.  And those examples were from Hydlaa because Moogie asked for examples from the Hydlaa.  And I disagree with you on the Guilds Forums, there would be plenty to talk about here without all the useless spam around here.

Just because you\'re afraid of scaring away new members doesn\'t mean you have to degrade the forums.  I\'ve visited many game forums and they are all crap, PS has the best forums I have ever seen.  But my point is if you slack off then the forums will keep getting worse until they\'re exactly like those other forums.

~Your friendly neighborhood elf, Aendar

<Aendar>...

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2004, 06:24:38 pm »
I wouldn\'t be able to do a better job.  I\'d delete every single post I consider spam.  And it\'s not the random spam post that pisses me off, it\'s these threads that created that are noting but spam...in case you didn\'t notice those were the examples that I pointed out.  And yeah I spam every now and then but notice how I told everyone in my thread to stop after it started getting out of hand.  I don\'t go around spamming whenever possible.  Everyone does that and I can put up with that.  But not stuff like, as an example, whemy.  Every thread he starts is crap, everything he posts is crap.  Hell he was given the nickname Forum troll because of this.  but is it ever taken care of?  Rarely.  Only a few threads were closed and that was the extent of the moderation.

And I have pointed this out to the mods as well.  I know that they can\'t deal with it all by themselves.  They should have seperate moderators for each board.  That way the moderator wouldn\'t have to comb through the entire forums.  And the devs would be able to concentrate on the game.

We all you don\'t like me and you love to disagree with me whenever possible.  And let me ask you a question Xordannnnwhich guild is it that is known throughout PS for their spamming?  Don\'t be a hypocrite Xordan.  It doesn\'t look nice.

EDIT: Ok I guess it got deleted...
EDIT: Xordan you need to clear out some pms so I can reply.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 06:28:10 pm by AendarCallenlasse »

<Aendar>...