Author Topic: Guild concept - A new way to play a game  (Read 367 times)

Fish

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Guild concept - A new way to play a game
« on: May 01, 2004, 11:18:41 am »
I\'ve been intrigued by the whole citrus guild thing.  After thinking about it for awhile I think I\'ve come up with an idea on how to build a couple of guilds that could be a lot of fun.  

The concept came from two guilds where the leaders don\'t really hate each other and the guilds seem to want to play.  It seems a lot like 2 sides on team sports.  Really good friends in real life playing a game against each other.  You could even have people swap sides to even up the game play before a round is played.  

The second part of the idea is what is the absolute minumum thing that could be incorporated into the engine to have a game.  Suppose you had 2 capturable components like flags.  The game of capture the flag would certainly be one possibility.  However, since you aren\'t installing rules into this game only the possibility of having 2 flags to capture most game rules are made up.  Therefore, it could get a lot more complicated.  

For instance,

Hide and seek.  Try to find the object (it doesn\'t necessarily be a flag).

Breaking and entering.  Getting into the opponents guild hall and hauling off their trophy.  Once again, it doesn\'t necessarily have to be a flag.  

Make up one.  My mind is racing with all the possibilities.  

Another possibility is coming up with guild wars as a game.  If you have the opportunity to join more than one guild then you could join one of the sides of the team as if it was a guild and have fun.    The guild leader of both guilds could actually be the same person who is hosting the game.  It would be 2 subcharacters that person owned.  

At any rate, the simple idea is to have 2 guilds permanently at odds with each other that can be joined on the fly to play a game.   The second part is to have a simple device (like a ball you can kick or something like that) where the rules are made by the players.  
Doing things just for the halibut.

Keung Darosyl

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 11:34:00 am »
Well, we could send a few members of our Wraith division to steal the trophies of all the other wannabe Mercenary Guilds...
>.>
<.<
Don\'t know how \"friendly\" that would be, though ;)
Cerebrus Divison Champion, Mercenary Guild